Wrapping everything up!

Looks like definitely no prototypes before Christmas then.Hopefully the new company can produce some cases early next year?

AAAaalllright. Now, according to my contact, the moulds should arrive today or on Monday at UniquePlast, whereas the carrier will contact me on Monday regarding the clear cases delivery.

At the same time, FormAction sends me an email and ask me whether I need the plastic logo part as well, as they're now starting production.
Something doesn't add up here. Are they living in different time dimensions?

Well, yeah, I guess no prototypes before christmas, sadly... but at least it seems FormAction is moving forward a bit.

Totally annoying! :(

How can they start production of a part if the moulds are supposed to be elsewhere?

Yep. Someone here is clearly lying, and I totally dislike that.
I mean, you can always tell me that there's a delay because of some reason, but lying is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm happy once the moulds are with UniquePlast, as I'm personally directly in contact with them and with all productions I had, they never lied to me.

Wouldn’t a normal paper mail be faster than??
But I’m glad it’s only an issue with the mail server, I’m also be happy when the Moulds are at the other factory..

Or it's their internet. They probably sent out that mail 5 weeks ago and it arrived just now. They probably have produced everything already...
The date header in the email should have been generated by their own computer with roughly the right time on it. If you can't depend on that, look at the Received: headers; the earliest one should have been created by the SMTP server they sent the email to, and you can be generally pretty sure that's got the right time on it.

But eh, who knows with the time warp this particular plastics company lives in.

This is fucking hilarious, to say something not offensive ... Because for some reason after reading this, some memories suddenly came to my mind related to some statements about greeks somebody did in the past...

Anyway I'm not going to start the fire again, but people in FormAction has not shame.

Schopenhauer's moulds.

AAAaalllright. Now, according to my contact, the moulds should arrive today or on Monday at UniquePlast, whereas the carrier will contact me on Monday regarding the clear cases delivery.

At the same time, FormAction sends me an email and ask me whether I need the plastic logo part as well, as they're now starting production.
Something doesn't add up here. Are they living in different time dimensions?

Well, yeah, I guess no prototypes before christmas, sadly... but at least it seems FormAction is moving forward a bit.

Totally annoying! :(

ED I think you are a good guy and I know you have a lot going on....but you need to figure this out. It is incredibly frustrating to once again get a news post that is EXACTLY what it was 6+ months ago and we are how many years into this.

If it were me i would at the very least be calling formaction 2-3 times a day for updates and sending the rep a couple times a week.

Last edited:
ED I think you are a good guy and I know you have a lot going on....but you need to figure this out. It is incredibly frustrating to once again get a news post that is EXACTLY what it was 6+ months ago and we are how many years into this.

If it were me i would at the very least be calling formaction 2-3 times a day for updates and sending the rep a couple times a week.
6 months ago, we didn't even have working 4GB RAM Boards. And they were still working on the molds.
And the rep is visiting them at least 1 - 2 times per week.

They are slow (they always have been), but they always have done the stuff eventually.
My guess is that one of their major customers needed to have a product done - and they HAVE to give those higher priority, otherwise they'd lose them and could probably close the company... they only have two machines, the Pyra will need at least 1 week with those two (and they can't do anything else during that time).

A lot of things have happened backstage, like checking what has been paid and what not yet, and they also probably didn't do much until that was cleared...

So yes, as annoying as it is, not much can be done except for watching them finish that and pray that the move is finished soon...

A lawsuit doesn't help much, but you can be sure I'll visit them again in January if need be... and take care of the move.

And believe me, I'm probably more annoyed than anyone here and have checked multiple options...

The greeks have probably took early retirement, the EU will bail them out though so no worries there.:p

Last edited:
Back