Work To Give The Gp2x Press!

Poobik you're being too hard on him, yes it has faults but what peice of tech today DOSENT? He's as enthusuastic about it as you are dissapointed, he simply chooses to see it from the "half full" perspective and wants to see it thrive rather than get hung up on problems that hopefully will be fixed. Yes we can mention it's not all sunshine and puppies but lambasting the GP2X without recognition of what it DOES do well only hurts it's lifespan.

poobik's pretty much correct and certainly should not be attacked. GP2X has a fast moving scene and tightly knit community--that's about the *only* thing you can say about it that doesn't have problems.

the rest has to be ordered from asia, doesn't work out of the box, is highly unstable, periodically self-destructs or leaves the average user searching google looking for illegal files. In every way imaginable the gp2x is not a finished product and I'd prefer if it had a chance to become what the gp32 is before its name gets pulled through the mud.

poobik:
My gp2x functions just about perfectly. I have no screen issues, no headphone jack issues, no battery issues, no bricking issues, no firmware issues..... in fact, besides not playing some formats of videos it said it could, it is functioning perfectly. The reason you think that it is a piece of crap is because most people don't post things on the board unless they have a problem and then they post. This means that to the observers it appears that everyone is having trouble when there are actually many problem-free gp2x users.

Back