Contacting The Press...

zebedee posted on Sep 18 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
yup theres some real tools on slashdot

what the gp2x needs is jeff minter! ;)

This isn't a bad idea from our 5555th member!!!

There are so many legendary game designers from england that don't work in the industry anymore because of the pressures of working for a big dev house. The late lamented Retro gamer magazine used to interview them, and so many were out of the loop, but seemed to long for the days of bedroom programming. Why not search them out and send them a gp2x? I mean, I would donate to get Mathew Smith one of these, imagine the homebrew that could come from something like that???

Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
I luv Jeff Minter. :)

Tempest 2000 on Gp2X... *drool* if only...

I do know the British blokes on his boards are fully aware of the GP2X and some are getting one. I don't know if Jeff himself is interested, but he did like the GP32 (altho he never dev'd anything for it).

Prophet posted on Sep 21 2005 at 03:38 PM said:
I luv Jeff Minter. :)

Tempest 2000 on Gp2X... *drool* if only...

I do know the British blokes on his boards are fully aware of the GP2X and some are getting one. I don't know if Jeff himself is interested, but he did like the GP32 (altho he never dev'd anything for it).

lets all go and bother jeff !!!.... i was thinking about mailing him yesterday - maybe if we dress it up as being a particularly llama friendly console he would be in

i played rmc and amc and llamatron from about the age of 8 so if im fucked up jeff is to blame ;)

im the 5555th member?! cool!

Cory Doctorow on Boing Boing had an item in praise of the GP2X yesterday; then another slating it for DRM today:
WTF? So much for ordering one of these.
Given that a lot of people apparently read this blog, I expect it would be worthwhile for someone to hold his knee still long enough for him to make a measured and informed entry. At the moment he's asking for a complete breakdown on what exactly is involved regarding the GP2X's implementation of DRM - is there anyone currently in a position to do so?

jegub posted on Sep 21 2005 at 06:16 PM said:
Cory Doctorow on Boing Boing had an item in praise of the GP2X yesterday; then another slating it for DRM today:
WTF? So much for ordering one of these.
Given that a lot of people apparently read this blog, I expect it would be worthwhile for someone to hold his knee still long enough for him to make a measured and informed entry. At the moment he's asking for a complete breakdown on what exactly is involved regarding the GP2X's implementation of DRM - is there anyone currently in a position to do so?
Forwarded this to Craig, don't know if he has enough time for it, though.

Did you see someone writing about the GP2X that is not listed? Is any info wrong?
Of course I'd also like you to contact your favourite gaming site or magazine as wwll as spamming IGN and Gamespot.

OrR posted on Oct 22 2005 at 08:37 PM said:
Well, contact them yourself and tell me what address you used etc.

Okay. I'll post again in this forum after I email them and get responses (if any).

I wrote half the editorial staff on Swedens largest PC-magazine; PC-hemma. :p I believe I will be awaitaning the respons before I'll write some others. Though I'm planning to contact about every computerrelated magazine there is. (In Sweden that is) :)

Great initiative this I must say, hadn't come to think of it my self but this really could make a change.

Here in Austria, one of the major Mainstream Newspaper had already one (short) article about the gp2x (www.derstandard.at - web - games); lacks a little bit of exactness, but when it's out, they will shurely report about it again.

As well as major german pc magazine c't (www.heise.de/ct/) as they seem to be well informed about off-mainstream alternative things. I'll drop them a note.

BTW: There's a classic videogame store in Vienna/Austria where we'll be able to buy the GP2X - I proposed them to distribute it and they answered they've already ordered...

Check http://www.subotron.com/

Really great shop, btw! They got the whole wet dreams of every retro gaming lover. Many original stuff from the 70ies on - and everything can be tested! If you happen to be in Vienna, check it out - it's just in the museum quarter.

Peace

SOL

Maybe we should put together a list of Englsih speaking gaming and review sites that we think that GPH should send review copies to.

I imiagine GPH have no idea who to send the review copies too. Say, Tomshardware, Pennyarcade gamershell for instance.

icurafu posted on Oct 23 2005 at 08:51 PM said:
Maybe we should put together a list of Englsih speaking gaming and review sites that we think that GPH should send review copies to.

I imiagine GPH have no idea who to send the review copies too. Say, Tomshardware, Pennyarcade gamershell for instance.
Yeah, I think that's a great idea- if only Retrogamer was still around. And add extremetech to that list.

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Oct 24 2005 at 12:00 PM said:
icurafu posted on Oct 23 2005 at 08:51 PM said:

I imiagine GPH have no idea who to send the review copies too.  Say, Tomshardware, Pennyarcade gamershell for instance.
Yeah, I think that's a great idea- if only Retrogamer was still around. And add extremetech to that list.

I think HardOCP would love to one of these. Then if they target emulation news sites, then all the emu people would want one. (emuhq, emuunlim, emulation64.)

Could then target game sites, like IGN.

OrR posted on Oct 23 2005 at 04:03 PM said:
Did c't and Der Standard have an article in a prnt issue or online only?

Der Standard had it in its online issue, c't didn't have it yet but I am sure they will (also on print) as they are really into alternative technologies - they had several features about the tapwave zodiac. I wrote them a mail, however...

Another (a little bit more unusual) way could be informing weekly news magazines like "Der Spiegel" - i suppose, they could bring something about it. Gonna drop them a mail...

Peace
SOL

Being a site admin for ESReality.com, I will most definately write a review of the GP2X if I get hold of one.

I have now e-mailed the following swedish media:

(Swedish) PC Gamer - No response yet
AllaMedia - No response yet
Datormagazin - Positive response, they might try to get hold of a unit for review
Mikrodatorn - No response yet
Pc hemma - No response yet
gamereactor.se - Positive response, will most centainly publish an article later on. Though chances were they still were to do so anyways. :p
superplay.se - No response yet

Back