With full steam into the new year!

I won't have the time to summarize everything about the meeting today (I've got plenty of work right now), but you can look at some pictures of one of the prototypes we built today.

Apparently, I didn't boot our OS image but a minimal image from Nikolaus (which shows a pretty empty LXDE desktop without TILER enabled).

View attachment 29975 View attachment 29976 View attachment 29977
View attachment 29978 View attachment 29979 View attachment 29980
OMG, it is very beautiful for the clear one. But, i ill buy a dark one. Thank you for uploading the pictures.

I won't have the time to summarize everything about the meeting today (I've got plenty of work right now), but you can look at some pictures of one of the prototypes we built today.

Apparently, I didn't boot our OS image but a minimal image from Nikolaus (which shows a pretty empty LXDE desktop without TILER enabled).
Woah what's with all the colours? It's cool af

I still want to wait for the black or grey and possibly red, but the clear case in Fabulous Mode still has my interest. The one I pick, if we have choices, depends on which one looks best for what I have in mind.
[doublepost=1485397557,1485396680][/doublepost]What is the green on the lower right on the front of the pics in the dark?

View attachment 29975 View attachment 29976 View attachment 29977
View attachment 29978 View attachment 29979 View attachment 29980

Send me one like that please?

At your convenience of course.

Those pictures are stunning, she's a keeper!

I think the transparent is cool, but black is usually more my 'colour'. I'm thinking that dark, smoky opaque cases would be really nice...

pretty empty LXDE desktop said:
No session for pid 2453
Afaik that happens when you run lxsession on Debian without Systemd.
I don't want to get into one of these boring lengthy arguments, but was there a technical reason for not enabling Systemd on the Pyra, apart from having a minimal test image?

The Clear Pyra looks indeed pretty cool,
I like that you see the Display PCB and the Cables,
So if you also offer this color on first batch, than I will have one :)
If black is the only color, than I'm a bit sad about not getting transparent, but I will. be happy because I will have my Pyra soon ..

For some reason I still want to frame one and mount it on the wall of my home office. Silly, yes. It isn't worth extra shipping though.
Don't forget to have the (RGB) LEDs mounted behind it, which you connect to your monitoring server. So you can get you warnings from there: green "H" -> hdd space is fine, red "H" key -> need ro clean diskspace,....

disco-fever-nina-bradica.jpg

So on Pandora whe wer more at Metal (Nub Song)
And on Pyra, it's more Disko??
I hope for a Pyra Add where EvilDragon dance to "Night Fever" whit a Pyra in Hands ..

Reactions: rSl
You probably forgot the hefty Trump tax which will try to block computers manufactured in Germany from flooding the US...
I wonder, if it's worth to look into:
If the Pyra isn't fully assembled, might it fall under different tax category? Like in german hardwarehsops, when you buy a bicycle, it allways has the pedals in from the wrong site and the handlebar turned 90°. The customer them becomes then the manufacturer, because he does the final step of assembly. I wonder, if leaving e.g. the Logo Plate unglued might do the trick then...

Afaik that happens when you run lxsession on Debian without Systemd.
I don't want to get into one of these boring lengthy arguments, but was there a technical reason for not enabling Systemd on the Pyra, apart from having a minimal test image?
Sysvinit is easier to patch/config offline (i.e. by patching an SD card). At least we know how to do such things since many years instead of learning from scratch how to tweak systemd.
But as ED wrote, this is our development and test OS where simplicity and flexibility is most important (more important than following every trend) and has almost nothing to do with the Pyra OS.

So first it's important for you, that the Hardware runs,
Which also works whit a not that bling bling OS,
And secondly, when the Hardware runs fine, then the OS can be a bit more bling bling for the normal user..

I just imagine a Pyra Party where someone hangs a Pyra as a Disko Ball on the roof, and they dance to 8 Bit Chiptunes..

Most likely the lower Pyra symbol light.
I may not have been clear. I mean the light on the right hand side under the keyboard with the screen facing the user/camera. If it were coming from the logo it should be blue or purple.
[doublepost=1485427238,1485427030][/doublepost]Maybe the keyboard LEDs shining through the main board?

Back