With full steam into the new year!

Just a quick update. Nikolaus managed to squeeze another via in and the simulation shows that the DC voltage is now 100% conforming to TIs suggestions.
We can't achieve 100% conformity in resistance, but that's less critical - keeping the voltage is the important part, and that's now fixed.

Time to start a final, minimum CPU board prototype run. Mass production just came a step closer!

Tomorrow I'm visiting GC with Nikolaus so we can assemble some Pyra prototypes and see if there's anything else left that can be done to improve the assembly of the unit for mass production (speed matters!).

Just a quick update. Nikolaus managed to squeeze another via in and the simulation shows that the DC voltage is now 100% conforming to TIs suggestions.
We can't achieve 100% conformity in resistance, but that's less critical - keeping the voltage is the important part, and that's now fixed.

Time to start a final, minimum CPU board prototype run. Mass production just came a step closer!

Tomorrow I'm visiting GC with Nikolaus so we can assemble some Pyra prototypes and see if there's anything else left that can be done to improve the assembly of the unit for mass production (speed matters!).
I'm excited!

great news to here. @ED are you still thinking about doing a auction again for the left over prototypes? just wondering

Almost there! Can't wait to buy one, though I'll be waiting to see if there's a US distributor. I wanna support your store, but the final price for even the base unit would be quite a lot for me to chew after accounting for exchange rates, international shipping from Germany with a battery, taxes, possible customs fees, etc.
You probably forgot the hefty Trump tax which will try to block computers manufactured in Germany from flooding the US...

Yes. And I'll also auction other items during production (early cases, PCBs, etc) for users who want something special for a cheaper price than a full prototype.
Is any news for today's prototype? Pictures? Video?

Yes. And I'll also auction other items during production (early cases, PCBs, etc) for users who want something special for a cheaper price than a full prototype.

From what I can tell, you likely have quite a number of pre-production, not quite right key mats. They're unlikely to tip the scales at auction. May I recommend gifting one (or as an inexpensive add-on) to each of the contributors to the keyboard layout evolution/discussions to be shipped with their purchased Pyras?

For some reason I still want to frame one and mount it on the wall of my home office. Silly, yes. It isn't worth extra shipping though.

Speaking of shipping - will the prototype purchasers have an option to add-on additional parts? I would like to purchase & add-on a 2nd battery during this shipment since it's already priced to include LiPo batteries.

Looking forward to the continued progress!

I won't have the time to summarize everything about the meeting today (I've got plenty of work right now), but you can look at some pictures of one of the prototypes we built today.

Apparently, I didn't boot our OS image but a minimal image from Nikolaus (which shows a pretty empty LXDE desktop without TILER enabled).

Pyra1.jpg Pyra2.jpg Pyra3.jpg
PyraDark2.JPG PyraDark3.jpg PyraInDark.JPG

Back