Release WINE

Those core DLL (library) files are re-implemented natively for ARM so that any calls to the OS (for things like drawing graphics, accessing the filesystem etc) run without needing to be emulated.
I wish.  That would actually make life easier. I wonder if the alignment and calling convention are so portable to WINE ARM I can implement this universally...
Surely there's nothing stopping you porting WINE to ARM? :-D

D.

My wineroot-hybrid *uses* native WINE for all the easy things (wineserver etc). It's much harder to call directly from x86 wine into ARM WINE like you were suggesting.

You can't just LoadLibrary on an ARM DLL and start calling functions in it. If you just jump to the code from your target program, you'll be inside the wrong processor. I need to proxy the calls between architectures.

Edit: looks like there's no easy way to do this :( I'd probably need to put WINE *in* QEMU. Going to focus on fixing OpenGL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a sleepless Night ;)

This was the Time to try more:

Here a little Surprise :rolleyes:

Microsoft Hover,

Microsoft Pinball

and DIABLO2 (work with Touchscreen too)

(Diablo2 is little feelable faster than in emulated Windows and lesser Slowdowns) :D

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mh4-Zz1uWaQ?feature=oembed

But now try i to Sleep ;)

Edit: Fullscreen work nearly not,but when you can start some Games in Windowed Mode,plz try it :D

And i installed zeckensacks GlideWrapper for future testings with that :)

You're using wine-pthread? Cmon, I got 1.7.0 working for a reason ;)

I think OpenGL won't speed up Diablo2 by a lot. Iirc, if you enable 3d acceleration in Diablo 2, it will only enable some dynamic lighting effects and such.

OpenGL also gives us native DirectDraw, which should help most games. That failing, I'll eventually look into proxying DLLs again.

what in the Christ??!so i can finally start up some old win games without having to coding or anything?

Lots of operations like blitting or alpha channel multiplikations are done by the gpu in many games. i played diablo2 long time ago with old drivers and the image was upside down.

Going to focus on fixing OpenGL.
This is promising, do own you unreal tournament for linux? Would love to see the speed :) .

"Note: I don't want to take the effort to support the old stdlib in SuperZaxxon, so you'll need a newer OS if you want to play with wineroot-hybrid. I'll release a newer version of the GL-free static Qemu for people who want to play around with pure WINE programs."

ehrm translation?i read all the topics up to here...and from what i understood,if i have superzaxxon,i cannot run it?

"Note: I don't want to take the effort to support the old stdlib in SuperZaxxon, so you'll need a newer OS if you want to play with wineroot-hybrid. I'll release a newer version of the GL-free static Qemu for people who want to play around with pure WINE programs."
SuperZaxxon can run the optimised faster wine. But it can not run the version which uses OPEN GL with wine, so it is slower for 3D, since it can't use the GPU. I am not sure, but I think the Problem is, that you have tell wine which directory is its hard drive (wineroot). I believe you can do it manually but it is some work. The hybrid does this automaticly. Probably I am wrong about the "wineroot" part.

Edit: Ingo do you have a wineroot hybrid version with opengl passthru working? If yes can you try to run Unreal Tournament with it? Would love see it in action (and hopefully fullspeed) :) . This would be super cool and nice :) . Hope you got enough sleep tonight^^

SuperZaxxon can run the optimised faster wine. But it can not run the version which uses OPEN GL with wine, so it is slower for 3D, since it can't use the GPU. I am not sure, but I think the Problem is, that you have tell wine which directory is its hard drive (wineroot). I believe you can do it manually but it is some work. The hybrid does this automaticly. Probably I am wrong about the "wineroot" part.

Edit: Ingo do you have a wineroot hybrid version with opengl passthru working? If yes can you try to run Unreal Tournament with it? Would love see it in action (and hopefully fullspeed) :) . This would be super cool and nice :) . Hope you got enough sleep tonight^^
ok i downlaoded the hybrid package,so how do i install it on the superzaxxon ?

I think must correct myself. No version can use open gl with wine.

Edit: looks like there's no easy way to do this :( I'd probably need to put WINE *in* QEMU. Going to focus on fixing OpenGL.
The hybdrid version can use open gl in x86 Linux Games (like Unreal Tournament or Heroes3), the static can't use open gl at all. But the static version runs in usermode and is optimised. Which means it is faster then the old version. But the major speed up will come by the use of the gpu via open gl. I hope we can see a video of a game which uses it too. The glxgears are a proof of concept (it works and it is fast), but Unreal Tournament would be a way sweeter proof of concept ;) .

Note: I don't want to take the effort to support the old stdlib in SuperZaxxon, so you'll need a newer OS if you want to play with wineroot-hybrid. I'll release a newer version of the GL-free static Qemu for people who want to play around with pure WINE programs.

ok i downlaoded the hybrid package,so how do i install it on the superzaxxon ?
Maybe with some ldd magic (changing the libs which are loaded and linked against qemu with the new stdlib). I don't know how to do this properly and I am not sure if it will work, sorry.

I tried some Braid, Snuggletruck, Cogs and Osmos, this time from direct Humble Bundle downloads as opposed to from Steam I managed to get a bit further but still nothing running... :( So no luck yet trying to get a more "complicated game working"

Maybe with some ldd magic (changing the libs which are loaded and linked against qemu with the new stdlib). I don't know how to do this properly and I am not sure if it will work, sorry.
so how exaclty did you guys managed to make it run?did you used slackware? i mean,all i needed was some noob guide

Back