Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

F09 is *EVIL* in story mode.

I keep spending 10 minutes setting up a 20-block blue combo, and then either having it burst before I've managed to get a void block, or having said void block vanish on a different colour before I've had enough time to set it up in such a way that the blues bursting would actually count as a time combo (i.e. some chain such that I can L out of it, and then some other set of blocks still to go before the blues).

Current record is 28 minutes in frustration when I almost got there but managed to forgot that for a time combo to count it has to be on the second lot of blocks...

I assume, of course, that I'm at least trying the right thing?

EDIT: Was it idd your intention at the start that people would ever be trying as hard as I have been NOT to get combos when you made the game?

That's weird. Does it work with other stages or bosses? (each cheese can only be used once, you have to purchase it again from the Shop) If it doesn't work tell us and we'll check what's wrong with it.

BTW how are you doing with the game? Got better :)?

A r k said:
Tobriand:
I think you're not doing what you have to do! Read the Time Chain EX tutorial again! :p
...it took me some time before I grasped that one, too :)

I had another one that had me completely confused, and that I cant remember, still, that I have solved, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was...Do we have a "senility" smiley somewhere?

I suck at surviving the press, too. Which means I have major trouble with G03, and I'm nowhere nere close on A13.

My mind is going. I can feel it.

Last edited by a moderator:
norm said:
iv not tried other stages, its not a problem now i beat her :)

do you want me to check anyway?
Moxie: Well few days ago you said you were too old for this game, and well you're in the Top Rankings! :D

norm: That's great! :D Yeah, please check if it works. If it DOES work, turn off the console just after winning so that you don't get a Cheese Victory or use a .bak save (I'd say turning off is better). Thanks!

This is such a great game. I play it as often as i can but now I can barely move my hands, beacause they hurt so much. At the moment I'm a little bit frustrated because I'm stuck at the "surviving the press 4" stage ( I don't like cheese in real life, so i won't use it in the game) and stage D-6 in the puzzle section. For me, this is the best game for my GP2X so far.

BTW: Hello forum ;) after a year of using my gp2x, I finally created an account here (normally I'm just bothering the users on the German board)

sorry false alarm - i didnt realize you had to pause *bows head in shame*

at least i get to save it for later now :)

+ im getting better at this now, i was stuck on the first battle for quite a while, but im storming through (well its storming through to me which is probably slow to everyone else)

A r k said:
Moxie: Well few days ago you said you were too old for this game, and well you're in the Top Rankings! :D
Yes, well, it does creep up on you, you know? Senility, that is :)

But also, and this is a mark (to me) of a good game: This is a game where you get better without much noticing it. You play, and then you play some more, and then suddenly you realize that you're now breezing through things that just a few days ago seemed completely impossible - And the beauty of that is that this is without conscously doing anything different! It's not like you think "Ooh, now i can see that formation over there that will transform into that over there, and give me such-and-such a combo...", you just do it instinctively. That, to me, is important for a game like this to achieve "zone" gaming, where you can just sort of zone in and play.

Of course, it could also be that I'm to senile to actually play and think at the same time :D

Mutka: Your sprite REALLY looks like you! :p Also you were the first player to "win" the game!

Stats have been updated, Chemaris from GP32Spain.com has finally won the game (for real) with 43 hours, 37 spent in the Story Mode!

FallenAvenger: Welcome! :D Also, incredible stats! How did you manage to clear 275 blocks in a single Blue Time Combo!!! BUHOnero is behind of you with 75 blocks. Simply amazing, I think you have beaten my personal record.

Shinra's Time Chain x25 is also sick. Chemaris is behind Shinra with a Time Chain x11.

Anyway, just downloaded my copy of the game :p about to start playing, expect some serious stats soon!

Maybe I have missed it, but what makes a Blue Time Combo different from a "normal" time combo? Cause now I am stuck at some F level, which tells me to do such a combo, but how? Plus it tells me to do it by using a full void. What`s a full void now?

and also, I am stuck on A15. It tells me to "Do a Wind and Water using a 5x Time chain or bigger".

DOes that mean the wind and water has to be part of the chain? if so, WTF :)

Horscht said:
Maybe I have missed it, but what makes a Blue Time Combo different from a "normal" time combo? Cause now I am stuck at some F level, which tells me to do such a combo, but how?
Hi! To do a blue time combo, first do a Full Clear. After that, you'll get a Time Combo timer. The timer runs very slowly and will only run fast when you move the blocks, so try using few moves to clear blocks. :)

The tutorial about Time Chains EX (stage E01) explains Blue Time Combos at the end, just in case.

Yeah, the combo was really amazing. As I realized that it was going well I became really nervous and nearly lost my "flow". As I read the number in the end I was quite euphoric :) I don't think I can do it again in the near future. I'm still stuk at puzzle stage D-6, even dreamed of it tonight ^^

Horscht said:
and also, I am stuck on A15. It tells me to "Do a Wind and Water using a 5x Time chain or bigger".

DOes that mean the wind and water has to be part of the chain? if so, WTF :)
That was the one I forgot I had problems with :) I believe I did set up a 5xtime chain (actually a 6x) wich in the end finished off with a Wind&Water, but that didn't do it. Did I misunderstand something (like - Do you have to switch to cancel before doing the wind&waterm or something), or did I just fail in my setup?

Yuan Works,

I posted earlier but thanks again guys for a great game and most importantly (to me) a great personal sprite(which looks exactly like me). I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that my little guy was now apart my stats listing.

I may not have the time to dominate Wind and Water like others here, but damn it is the best puzzle game for any system handheld or home console. I have been obsessed with it during my spare time.

jbrodack said:
any chance on making it so you can upgrade to having a personal sprite if you ordered the normal version?
I was asking myself the same question ('cos I thought that Amy will be replaced by "the sprite" in the story and I like Amy... so I didn't choose "the sprite". So, is "the sprite" only on stats or is it elsewhere in the game?)

Back