Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

Hi! Thanks for the bug reporting :)

Moxie: I'll be checking the press level on the Metal Challenge and also see what's going on with the Museum.

Izomiac: We don't have an MKI nor we test with batteries. It's possible that it has to do with setting the clock back to 200Mhz. I have to check all that code since I've been using it for quite a while. After finishing the Stats, I'll try to fix all this problems as well as adding some suggestions :)

Also, I just played H01. It IS really hard, maybe too hard. My advice is to try to keep doing full combos until the end of time :p and if you have time left try chaining a little!

yodaofborg: Hmm.... touchpad support... sounds fun :D! Let's wait and see how W&W fares on the normal version :)

Tobriand: What I suggest is set up the 4x Time Chains and then prepare a combo on the other side. As soon as the 4x is ready, cancel with L and do a Combo.

Here's a video I made some days ago explaining E08 (spoiler!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V4Wrz706NM

Also, the tutorials are real-time plays recorded by me (Hao)! Hmm, I'll upload a demo play with me doing Time Chains... my personal record is more than 90 time chains :p! The GP2X stick is not too friendly for high-speed Time Chains!

Mastering Time Chains is really the hardest, but I bet everyone will be able to make some good chains. Current record is Shinra with 11x Time Chain!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using firmware 3.0, when i exit the game and then re-enter, it has no sound.

Sound and overclocking dont' work at 100%. The libraries I use aren't the best around, but we had little time to find the best ones for the release. I'm researching on that :) also, we do have a GP2X firmware 3, I'll try it and let you know.

BTW Shinra, you are leading in Time Chain, Chain, and Puzzle Mode :D!

Maybe its just your mk2 stick, but the mk1 sick has easier time hitting diagonals, and it seems to play just fine on the gp2x.

A r k said:
BTW Shinra, you are leading in Time Chain, Chain, and Puzzle Mode :D!
:lol: that means you're not included :p

Hi!

Those are the frames you have played :p

I'll use my magic formula to turn them into the real thing:

Time played in H:MM:SS format:

Total . . . . . . 4:17:15
Game: . . . . . 1:14:31
Story Mode: . 2:16:04
Puzzle Mode: .0:00:00

Played it so much last night that I was late at work this morning :)
A question: Do you have a french translation planned. I would be happy to help you to do so.
What about the idea of making ghost plays downloadable from the Stats page?

Thanks again for your work!

I found a typo (don't remember exactly where, If I remember right, in a dialog, there is a "to much" instead of "too much" -a "to" instead of "too", pretty sure-, maybe Ark you could find where with this information.). A french translation could be great if it's well translated (keeping the tone, etc). But it's some work. I could help too but I prefer finish the game before (I don't want to know all the story because of the translation process, I want to play the story :)).

How can I d/l the spanish version? Just to make spanish my default language in my buyer profile and the d/l link will point to the spanish version?

Hi! Thanks for the typo :) I'll write that down.

The Spanish version is not ready yet, we're working on it! :p

Thanks, I'll contact you if we translate to french :D

Translations are indeed quite hard to do (the game has LOTS and LOTS of dialogs, more than 2500 lines in the story mode alone), we'd love to have the game translated in as many languages as possible, but it's too much work so we'd have to see the demand :)

Well, regarding the translation, if you provide to 3-4 fast typers a file with all the english sentences it could be achieved pretty fast.
Like if you put all the texts in a xls file or something.
In game words do not need to be translated btw (bonuses, Yuan, scores, level etc...), just the dialogues and story.
I said that because I was amazed on how you managed to really get the Story mode that nice and fun :)
My english is good enough to play and undertand everything but I'm still thinking of the non-englishfriendly frenchies (and there's a lot of them :) )

Quick question: any idea what a "wind calm clear" is? Or something like it at any event. I think it's the challenge for C12, except it's not explained anywhere in the tutorials. I tried a full clear water with a wind block on the screen, and that didn't work, but hey. Any suggestions?

P.S. Thanks for the sprite - it rocks :D

Tobriand said:
Quick question: any idea what a "wind calm clear" is? Or something like it at any event. I think it's the challenge for C12, except it's not explained anywhere in the tutorials. I tried a full clear water with a wind block on the screen, and that didn't work, but hey. Any suggestions?

P.S. Thanks for the sprite - it rocks :D
A "wind and water clear" is when you make a diamond out of the wind block and three water blocks. That clears all water blocks onscreen. That *is* explained in the tutorials, though, so if it's not that, I don't know what...I ought to have solved it, so I'll turn on the GP2x and check...

I'm battling wossname at E06 or something like that at the moment. He one fast bastard!

Tobriand said:
If you're talking about the one I think you are, you need to go back and listen to what Hao says after clearing the fire element. :D

-Si.

Not a Wind and Water clear, but thanks Si, that's probably it. I'll go and do so!

Hang on, that's that long thing about 10,0 and 0,10 and such, isn't it? Oh God, that completely passed me by lol...

i saw something called a "wind dead zone clear" or something and have been scratching my head about that. hopefully it's the same thing and one of us will figure it out.

currently on the stage where you do the "normal" difficulty of digipet roller. i went back and got a's and +'s on a good number of them because i can't finish that $%&* minigame!

but i will tonight. so addicted :/

tobriand's sprite is the best one...looks like tom waits :)

rokdcasbah said:
i saw something called a "wind dead zone clear" or something and have been scratching my head about that. hopefully it's the same thing and one of us will figure it out.

tobriand's sprite is the best one...looks like tom waits :)
Hah! Looks like Clockwork Orange :)

Actually, I got curious, and found a whole lot of secret paths I had missed and finally managed to figure out what the "deadzone clear" is. Anybody wanna know, or do you feel it would be a spoiler? It is, actually, quite clear from the name...

I believe hao responded to a question I had a while back and pretty much said what it is. I assume thats what it is because I cant beat the real hao match yet and have yet to get that far.

Right, worked it out. Got a C, but at least I got it. Thanks for the tips :)

EDIT: Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...

Back