Wind And Water: Puzzles Battles Final Demo!

you KNOW I just preordered this beast.

there should be a dc release too! Maybe you can talk with redspotgames for a release?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I'm surprised nobody's made a simple pixel art image program for th 2X yet. It could save developers quite a bit of time by letting them create their game characters whilst waiting for the bus etc. ;)

I did look into writing a one my self at one time as a way to get into programming, but info on writing even the most basic graphics programmes seemed to be virtually non0existant.

@A r k/Yuan.. Didn't you guys make your own pixel art programme for using on your games. I'm sure I read that on your homepage, but I could be mistaken?

p.s Decent tutorial on Pixel Art here for anyone that's interested :)

There's a cool pixel art app for Mac OS X called Pixen and I would kill to have it ported to Linux, but apparently a port would be very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravnos said:
There's a cool pixel art app for Mac OS X called Pixen and I would kill to have it ported to Linux, but apparently a port would be very difficult.

Yeh! that's a really nice looking program, with a ton of features to boot. Shame it would be so hard to get it working on anything other than MacOS :(

MTPaint is the best that I've found so far for Linux. Not the best looking, but it's been designed from scratch for Pixel art.

I did come across a small pixel art app in-bedded into a web site the other day. It used python for the base of the app & java for the front end. I wonder if the guy who wrote the python part would be willing to share the code??

EDIT: Found the website again & added links.

kingbuzzo said:
you KNOW I just preordered this beast.

there should be a dc release too! Maybe you can talk with redspotgames for a release?
Thanks! :)

Well, we have our hands full with the GP2X release for now! :D

tripmonkey: Yeah, we use our own pixel editing program, since there are quite a few features that are hard to find in other programs!

Tripmonkey_uk said:
MTPaint is the best that I've found so far for Linux. Not the best looking, but it's been designed from scratch for Pixel art.

I like MTPaint, it works for me :) I too had issues finding pixel art oriented apps for Linux (anything's better than GIMP!) - MTPaint is the best/most stable offering I found. I was half tempted to code my own simple editor, but don't have the time ATM.

Pre-ordered! To be honest I probably would have bought it on the strength of your last demo, but the effort you've put in since plus the whole sprite thing sealed the deal for me. Good job!

Thank you very much!

We worked really hard to make this game something GP2X users would be proud of.

We won't let you down with the final version :D

The demo is simply phenomenal. I also encountered that no-sound bug, but restarting it every time it happened did the trick. Very nice game, good story, highly polished, funny humor, it's got everything!

If pre-orders are still available five days from now (please say they will be!) I will definitely get this.

Oceanray said:
The demo is simply phenomenal. I also encountered that no-sound bug, but restarting it every time it happened did the trick. Very nice game, good story, highly polished, funny humor, it's got everything!

If pre-orders are still available five days from now (please say they will be!) I will definitely get this.
Hi! Thanks for the compliments :D

Yes, the sound bug which fusion_power noted too, has to do with a test overclocking and underclocking that happens when a boss battle starts, and when it ends. I forgot to disable the overclocking for the GP2X version! Sorry everyone, is it worth releasing a bug-fix?

I think they'll be available, (unless people start ordering like crazy :D) so don't worry!

Any ideas roughly how many orders you've had so far? I'd like to buy it but I don't have the money right now. Though I will in the future by WaW, especially as it's downloadable. It's going to go on my Nand if it will fit :D Then I will always have it with me.

A r k said:
Hi! Thanks for the compliments :D

Yes, the sound bug which fusion_power noted too, has to do with a test overclocking and underclocking that happens when a boss battle starts, and when it ends. I forgot to disable the overclocking for the GP2X version! Sorry everyone, is it worth releasing a bug-fix?

I think they'll be available, (unless people start ordering like crazy :D) so don't worry!
Wow, thanks for the very prompt reply, and for assuaging my doubts about the pre-orders.

Personally, I don't think a bug fix is necessary (it is just a demo, and I'm sure things are hectic enough already).

cowai, you look kawaiii!!! XD
We need a gallery with all the custom W&W Avatars! :lol:

I have found out something very interesting ingame: When you have unlocked the Digipet Roller Minigame, press Start-Button during the game and you can choose between the Minigames, even Game 4 and 5 are playable! :)
Problem is, Help is not functional and you can't exit the games so you have to use your GP2X Power-Switch ;) And I have no clue what to do in Game 4 (the movement of this little black...."thing" are amazing good animated! ), but Game 5 is funny ^^

AWWWWOOOO! me in bicycle gear :p

wnw_k9d.gif

yuan works rule@SS

Back