Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

I don't have the Full Version so I wonder, what are the differences between the 3 skill modes? From the demos I know the easy mode but how exactly works the advanced and Expert mode? :)

fusion_power said:
I don't have the Full Version so I wonder, what are the differences between the 3 skill modes? From the demos I know the easy mode but how exactly works the advanced and Expert mode? :)
It extends a lot the gameplay, not only the speed or the difficulty, but the combo process too :D
Buy it ! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I love advanced mode..it just makes the combos more fun.

However im still trying to wrap my mind around expert. There is ALOT to think about while playing it.
Basically you have normal movment and switching of tiles, then when you combo it freezes before it drops. At this time depending on how big your previous combo was you have a very short amount of time to move tiles about to position them to drop and keep chains going. You also have the option of canceling the chain timer to go for a time combo..its hard but cool when you pull a nice combo off and its getting easier each day.

when I played today I beat the boss of E stage no problem where yesterday I wasnt sure how I was going to beat him without a miracle. Just to make sure it wasnt a fluke I did it again... Oh minigames are now tough :D

EDIT: Neat some of the stats are up..I have more losses than wins :D

Wow! I'm extremely amazed and how people are trying so hard to beat the levels! I actually thought that maybe few to none would actually master the Expert mode, but I guess I was wrong ;)

greenmikey: I think that's the coolest part of the game. The rules are all set from almost the beginning of each world. I've seen my sister tell me that "this stage is too hard" just to find out 30 minutes later that she's like 5 stages ahead!

virusx said:
I couldn't wait until tonight and I have bought it :)
Thanks virus :D! You should have received the email :p

Moxie: Could you please upload your save so I can check? If it says:
Hi score endless: xxxx / 3000
Then it's ok, it means that the score is in another mode. If not, did you turn off just after you lost or anything?
Also, to beat the 150 blocks, it's a good idea to do a big combo at the end so you get a little more time left while the timer is running! But D9 is pretty far!

Fusion: The other modes reaaaaally add a lot of gameplay to the game :D a short video (SPOILER) of a Time Chain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V4Wrz706NM

Fong clear and Kong clear? Stats say i have done them..but I just don't know what they are..

I'm not sure the level but I think its F05 is a pain in my ass. I went back and got A ratings on 2-3 ones just to give myself a break. Void blocks added in the mix makes things..interesting. my fingers and brain hurt. Congrats to those who have beaten this level.

BUG: (?)
I got a score of over 5k on endless and it didnt save..however my score of 34xx saved when I chose to play again instead of go to menu or reset. I think this has something to do with it. I believe I was having this problem with time trial as well. Practice saved however when I just chose to go to menu or reset.

PS practice rocks :D

A r k said:
Thanks virus :D! You should have received the email :p
Yep, got it. That's a fast service sir :)
Now I feel so dumb to have it on my HD but couldn't try it.
Damn office work. I hate work!
I want to be paid good money for downloading and playing video games :lol:

Any hints on how to beat that level that is on the island south of the starting point, its like get a wind something clear, and when you remove the blocks, they dont drop until the time combo is over.

Stage A3 opens useless bonus path when beat super fast..my time was 25 seconds. The time might not be exactly the key but serious chain action happened (mostly luck)

A4 still gets a B rating when beat in 11 seconds..thats crazy talk (although it might not be time here) Does rating differ by level? Some times it seems to be score other times speed.

greenmikey said:
Fong clear and Kong clear? Stats say i have done them..but I just don't know what they are..

I'm not sure the level but I think its F05 is a pain in my ass. I went back and got A ratings on 2-3 ones just to give myself a break. Void blocks added in the mix makes things..interesting. my fingers and brain hurt. Congrats to those who have beaten this level.

I got a score of over 5k on endless and it didnt save..however my score of 34xx saved when I chose to play again instead of go to menu or reset. I think this has something to do with it. I believe I was having this problem with time trial as well. Practice saved however when I just chose to go to menu or reset.

PS practice rocks :D
Fong seems to be Wind&Water Clear
Kong seems to be Void Clear
Full seems to be All Elements Clear...
But i'm not sure...

greenmikey: Someone also reported that on the Endless mode I think, I'll check it tomorrow (working on stats).

Also, Stage A4... needs a... you know... :D secret... to have a good rank :p!

Also, some stages are based on score, others are based on time. And of course, secret passages give you better ranks than normal wins.

And UMXPrime is right! Those are the "code names" of the Special Clears, since we haven't uploaded the new personal stats page, that's how it looks now!

Jeez, I'm not thinking on my toes. You guys have crazy amounts of content, horray for hidden(ish) levels! thats a nice survive the press but my hand is cramped up from an hour of trying to beat a4 in 9 seconds :D

greenmikey said:
same here. how do i get it to save? i want that making of page! i will try doing "play again" next time.

also, i am really stuck. damn. i don't want to use a cheese victory. but i don't even know where to go next on the map. i restored the water element, i think there was a minigame after that...went to the museum...now it seems like i have to do the level that's full clear + elemental in 30 seconds. that's impossible!! and at the rate that i get elementals, for me to just try a full clear every time and hope i get lucky...oy vey. if there's some trick, i'd love to hear it.

oh...wanted to say. first of all, the rpg jokes are hilarious. i thought it was good in the final demo, but now i see that it's a running gag, and it's great. the 8-bit guy is awesome, amy picking up his nametag made me laugh out loud :D

also, the music is some of the best music i have heard in a puzzle game. i especially love the rock & roll tune that's in practice mode.

A r k said:
Moxie: Could you please upload your save so I can check? If it says:
Hi score endless: xxxx / 3000
Then it's ok, it means that the score is in another mode. If not, did you turn off just after you lost or anything?
Also, to beat the 150 blocks, it's a good idea to do a big combo at the end so you get a little more time left while the timer is running! But D9 is pretty far!
I have uploaded my save again, but on the "endless" front, it is just as before. I never turn off without quitting (being old'n'gnarly enough to remember when computers did bad things to your data if you did that :unsure: ), and I have since then tried again and gotten a score of something 3000-ish. The first time was at least in the 4000ds, but possibly higher. Sounds very much like what greenmikey is also experiencing. I could make a new try to get as closely over 2000 as possible (since that is my goal for obvious reasons)...

I did beat the 150 blocks now, although not much by utilising the time combo (it doesn't help much when you're out some 40-odd blocks), but I guess I got faster :lol: So now I have laid my eyes on the requirements for E01, and NOW I'm scared :ph34r: :)

rokdcasbah said:
[
also, i am really stuck. damn. i don't want to use a cheese victory. but i don't even know where to go next on the map. i restored the water element, i think there was a minigame after that...went to the museum...now it seems like i have to do the level that's full clear + elemental in 30 seconds. that's impossible!! and at the rate that i get elementals, for me to just try a full clear every time and hope i get lucky...oy vey. if there's some trick, i'd love to hear it.
You shouldn't have to do that. There is another unfinished level somewhere.

ha ha finally played the game.
Very impressive, again. You guys really know what you're doing.
It got all the details that makes a good quality game!
I like the polished design, the sens of humour, and last but not least the game runs flawlessly.
I'm not very good at it too. I just uploaded my save.
I think that my girlfriend will enjoy it a lot.
She loves puzzle challenging games and this one is really challenging.
I didn't have such a puzzle game pleasure since the last time I played chu chu rocket.

I'm going to eat now... I just jumped on the game as soon as I finished to work :)

Please bring us more games like that (perhaps a little less childish design, no offense, just matter of personal taste).

Another couple of possible bug reports:

At level E03 (Metal element) the challenge was to get 100 metals at a starting speed of 30. Well, the speed counter increased with time, but the press never moved. Not that I mind, mark, because that meant I was able to finish the level :lol:

It could be that my furious time chaining actually pushed it down so much that it never had a chance to move...AHAHAHAhahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes I just kill myself...

I had a spurious reset, also. Went to the shop, bought some museum items, walked to the museum, but instead of the museum menu I got the Gmenu...All items still there, though, afterwards. It was not a reboot, because the GP never went through the boot screens.

Just reporting as I puzzle along. This is a bl**dy addictive game!

Well while I'm stuck (on H1) I guess I'll share the bugs that I've noticed (I have a first edition GP2X running 2.1.1). First, the game doesn't return to the menu about half the time I quit, just a black screen. I think that happens when battery life is low. Second, the requirement for clearing the 40th slide of Making of W&W doesn't make a whole lot of sense given what it says. Lastly, after buying some stuff for the museum the game exited to the menu when I tried to enter the museum. But no data was lost and it worked when I restarted the game (same as moxie).

As for H1, I spent well over an hour working on it and was still no closer to winning (it's a survive the press level and I rarely even got half way to the required time), so I had to cheese it ( :( ). I still haven't beaten the next level, but at least I'm not getting rocked like with H1. Hopefully I will have better luck today!

@moxie I noticed the same thing with clearing metal, but I don't really have a problem with the press at that level so I figured that I just rocked it. I should have known better. :rolleyes:

If this game adds touchpad support for the new revision gp2x I might get one, if not, then meh, heh, its that good. I got stuck again, put it down for 30 mins, went back, and just worked it out, this really is the art of video gaming.

Damn, I love this game.

Just a question about E08, if it's the 4x Time Chain + 10x Time Combo: how on earth do you manage to get sufficient time combos in?

I usually manage about 8x Combo after the chain, but as far as I can gather the time is the same as for the Chain, which usually means I have less than 0.7 seconds to set it up after I'm done chaining?

I assume the combo at that stage can be anywhere on the board et al?

I keep trying to get an elemental doube full combo from time to time, still having trouble. I always destroy some blocks I'm not meaning to (as you'd espect, I suppose), and having to start over - GRR! Mebs it's easier in expert lol.

Also, if you guys are as fast as the the tutorial implies at pulling off time chains (i.e. you can actually do them without setting them all up in advance), then I'm *very* impressed... I'm dreading the time when the game asks me to do any more than an 8x time chain, since it won't fit on the board, and I'll actually have to be making the things using the new blocks. Eep!

Back