Will These Websites Work?

trooper said:
Well i have just tried www.redhotpawn.com on my Zipit Z2, Which is an ARM based
portable instant messenger hacked to run debian and that site work`s ok in the
Arora browser on the Zipit Z2, You can move the chess pieces etc.

The downside on the Zipit Z2, Is that it has only got a 2.8 inch 320x240 screen,
So the experience on the Z2 is very unplayable, Because of it`s screen.
I really don't want to hijack this thread, but I didn't know you could hack a Zipit to run debian. How difficult is it to do this? Also how well does it work?

Sorry about being off-topic...

Last edited by a moderator:
TonyMontana702 said:
after some time will they get hulu up and running?

Long answer: There are two possible chances of this happening, with no promise of either. If an Adobe flash plugin is ever developed or stolen from Maemo, you could use Hulu. If Google wins the HTML5 video war, Hulu might someday switch. The first isn't likely to happen for a long time, and Hulu switching to HTML5 is just a hypothetical that probably won't ever happen.

Short answer: Don't count on it, though it might eventually happen. Might.

Crunchwrap said:
trooper said:
Well i have just tried www.redhotpawn.com on my Zipit Z2, Which is an ARM based
portable instant messenger hacked to run debian and that site work`s ok in the
Arora browser on the Zipit Z2, You can move the chess pieces etc.

The downside on the Zipit Z2, Is that it has only got a 2.8 inch 320x240 screen,
So the experience on the Z2 is very unplayable, Because of it`s screen.
I really don't want to hijack this thread, but I didn't know you could hack a Zipit to run debian. How difficult is it to do this? Also how well does it work?

Sorry about being off-topic...

There are quite a few guides around on how to do it, But this is the one i used.

Starts at 20:40

Once done, It works pretty well speed-wise, But as i have said i my previous post, The 2.8 inch
320x240 screen makes using it for serious stuff really awkward or nigh on impossible.

Btw: I am still using it first userland image mentioned in that video, But i have updated it a bit
and installed extra software through apt-get. I have not used any of the other userland images available
mainly because i could either not get them to work or they have been made for a specific purpose.

I would really love to use my debian enabled Zipit much more than i actually do and for more serious
stuff too, But sadly the small low-res screen really does prevent me from doing so.

As it is, It`s great for testing out what stuff works and just general mucking around, But sadly nothing more.

Trooper

Back