Preorders

TaG said:
Hi Craig, If there are over 3000 on the mailing list should the limit be 1 per person initially? I wonder if there is the possibility when buying one of indicating the desire to buy an additional unit if the first 3000 aren't taken up? I believe they will be taken up and it seems unfair if some miss out having registered while others get 2.
No doubt the orders will surge once it becomes available, and I wouldn't put it past people to order 2, and put one on ebay to see how much they can get for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The pandora mailing list does have over 3000 people on it, but we don't know if all of them will preorder.
Well this sucks, I bet some people like me have wanted to preorder since last year and have been waiting patiently but just because they hadn't signed up to the mailing list they will miss out on the first batch. I have signed up now but it is probably too late :(

Oh well shit happens.

Just the way of things! If people wanna take the risk of buying two, then that'll happen! Most important thing is Craig and co makes lots of money!

Hirolaser said:
Well this sucks, I bet some people like me have wanted to preorder since last year and have been waiting patiently but just because they hadn't signed up to the mailing list they will miss out on the first batch. I have signed up now but it is probably too late :(

Oh well shit happens.
It would be highly unusual for priority to be given based on when you signed up. The email should go out to everyone at the same time (or close to), with orders being locked in for the first 3000 to front up the cash.

I think there are a lot of people stressing unnecessarily. If you want in, just have your funds ready and order on the day the email goes out.

Hirolaser said:

Oh well shit happens.
My first thoughts were like that when I signed up to the mailing list today, but then I realized that not everyone is going to preorder just because they are interested in the news and also that far from everyone will preorder immediately after receiving the message :) And even if we miss the first batch, there will surely be another one soon enough and even more tested one. So cheer up ;)

lubidog said:
Just the way of things! If people wanna take the risk of buying two, then that'll happen! Most important thing is Craig and co makes lots of money!
The Pandora developing party sure are going to profit, but I doubt it will be THAT much money..

peca said:
It's difficulty to limit anything. I guess that limit 2 per person are OK. I am from Czech Republic and I looking for someone to make bulk order to save money for postage (if possible)
Hi from Prague :p I want to order one too, but as there seems to be going to be a limit 2 units/person, "batch" order won't save much, especialy if you count in the bus/train ticket to move between the two cities :unsure:

This seems like a good place for the first post, hi ppl :)

I would like to point out that i have been following the forum very closely for the past few months, but only just recently subscribed to the forum and the newsletter. But i will DEFINATELY be getting one as soon as they come out, and im certain there are a lot more ppl like me so things could go fast.

I never bought a handheld since it could not be used for much other tasks than gaming, and this is the one that pulls me over the line.

Got my 350 bucks reserved!

Cheers

craigix said:
Hirolaser said:
craigix said:
We will send out a newsletter to the people on the mailing list on the openpandora homepage saying 'you can now order' and then they can. The emails will go out in the order people signed up to the mailing list.

First come first served.
seriously? So you won't be able to preorder straight from the website then?

Yes it will be on the website but people on the mailing list will have that slight head start.

Have you ever sent out any emails/newsletters to people on the mailing list so far? Has anyone received an email from the list? The reason I ask is because i'm supposedly on the list (if I were to go to openpandora.org and click to be on the list, it lets me know that i'm already on it) yet i've never received any emails from it.

To tell you all the truth, I'm just worried that I'll be out of town during the Pandora release. I'd hate to miss out because of that! :)

I was thinking earlier today that a pre-announced preorder would be kinda cool. For instance, we could all be notified a week or so in advance when preorders will take place, and we'll all sit in front of our computers hitting refresh and downing Monsters until the fabled arrival. :lol: It would be pretty cool, I think, it would be like a virtual console launch party! I know that the open-source development team of Pandora and retail corporations aren't to be compared normally, but Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc. all handle their preorders and console launches in this manner, so I think Pandora should do the same. With forewarning, the preorder could be planned for. It seems far more stable than just randomly coming to the site one day and having them available. Just my $0.02...

craigix said:
We will send out a newsletter to the people on the mailing list on the openpandora homepage saying 'you can now order' and then they can. The emails will go out in the order people signed up to the mailing list.

First come first served.

Oh, my previous post was incorrect then. I guess they have to send them out in some order... :rolleyes:

I still think there ought to be a little less panic.

DON'T PANIC.

closetwam said:
Can't... Relax... Want... Pandora... Now! :D
319086098.jpg

;)

Gruso said:
Just a nagging question I have, I searched to no avail. Will Paypal be an option for preorders?
PayPal can generate a debit card number (US only?) if they don't accept PayPal directly. Oh, and don't believe them when they say Windows is required. They have a web interface that works fine. :rolleyes:

javaJake said:
Gruso said:
Just a nagging question I have, I searched to no avail. Will Paypal be an option for preorders?
PayPal can generate a debit card number (US only?) if they don't accept PayPal directly. Oh, and don't believe them when they say Windows is required. They have a web interface that works fine. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they do, but be aware you have to have a verified account with at least one bank account tied to it. So make sure that's straightened out before you pay! :D

Prophet said:
Perhaps pre-orders should be granted according to how long you've been a member here. Hmm...

Works for me! :p
that would be the fairest method ;)

Back