Preorders

javaJake said:
You assume everyone interested in the Pandora has signed up for an account. Not very likely. ;)
And also that the entire community is represented on GP32X, completely ignoring the continental European folks who've got their own websites. ;)

The GP32Spain forums have over 33,000 members, for example. Is there any discussion of the Pandora over there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
The GP32Spain forums have over 33,000 members, for example. Is there any discussion of the Pandora over there?
For what it's worth, I've had a quick look and there is no section for Pandora on GP32Spain, but I did find this post: GP32Spain - Google translation

I suspect if they're interested they have to check here.

As to whether those interested are registered, I hope not strongly suggest anyone interested does register! When everyone quote 50k-100k units that was for a games console that mainly catered for emulation and homebrew. If the 'umpc' idea takes that could increase phenomenally. I have nothing to backup numbers but 250k+ doesn't seem too far fetched.

Yeah, I suppose I did forget entirely about the European/non-English forums. In any case, most people who are active on these forums will get one of the first 3000. I don't think we have to worry too much. Also, if pre-orders sell out quickly, I'm sure Craig and Co. will get another batch up and running quickly. Those who miss out on the first 3000 probably won't have to wait too long to get one.

craigix said:
We might limit it to 2 max per person.

If we had signed up for the mailing list, would we have received an e-mail immediately? I definitely signed up, but haven't noticed any e-mails.

PolloLoco said:
If we had signed up for the mailing list, would we have received an e-mail immediately? I definitely signed up, but haven't noticed any e-mails.
No. You'll get an email when there is actual information to put in the email.

Does anyone know if they are at work making 3000 units right now? or are they waiting to still knock bugs out of it? In any case I'm thinking that if there can be two per person that limits it to 1500 units (If everyone order which im sure they wont, but still........). I'm pretty sure within the first 2 hours they are sold the 3000 will be filled and me (Busy all the time) will prob miss it. How long would another 3000 take to make if they sold out (Sorry im sure this has been asked over and over)? I just really really want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways (kinda off the subject) It would be kinda sweet if the makers made a montage of a Pandora being made from start to finish ( just for shits and giggles).......

-Spadoof :gp2x

You soon will be mine :pandora1:

Spadoof said:
Does anyone know if they are at work making 3000 units right now?
No. Production will not begin until everything is 100% ready to go. They are still working out issues with the dev boards and waiting for the final wifi radios, not to mention all the software that isn't ready yet.

Any and all information is posted in this forum as it is available. If you search for a specific bit of information and it isn't here, then don't bother asking because it doesn't exist yet. :D

craigix said:
The pandora mailing list does have over 3000 people on it, but we don't know if all of them will preorder.
craigix said:
Hi Craig, If there are over 3000 on the mailing list should the limit be 1 per person initially? I wonder if there is the possibility when buying one of indicating the desire to buy an additional unit if the first 3000 aren't taken up? I believe they will be taken up and it seems unfair if some miss out having registered while others get 2.

Two per order seems fair! I just want one though But if it is as good as we hope, I'll want a second!

Craig, if you want an opera singer at the grand launch give me a shout! I am absolutely amazing. And for you free...

lubidog said:
Two per order seems fair! I just want one though But if it is as good as we hope, I'll want a second!

Craig, if you want an opera singer at the grand launch give me a shout! I am absolutely amazing. And for you free...
But, but, but... Isn't it all over when the Fat One sings?

[cricket chirp] [cricket chirp] [cricket chirp]

Sorry, I'll get me coat...

TaG said:
craigix said:
The pandora mailing list does have over 3000 people on it, but we don't know if all of them will preorder.
craigix said:
Hi Craig, If there are over 3000 on the mailing list should the limit be 1 per person initially?...

It's difficulty to limit anything. I guess that limit 2 per person are OK. I am from Czech Republic and I looking for someone to make bulk order to save money for postage (if possible)

Back