WiFi, tests and CircuitCo (2011-06-17)

Nice to know u found the problem on time :) , i was one with the no wifi board... i send a few days after get it... and now i got my new pandora... with the second SD reader without work and some defects in the case... it is broken from the usb to the connectors in the right, i dont know if it is inside the normal. (the one i send didnt have this problems, just the wifi not working)

But the main problem is the SD...It dont detect anything... and is not my sd card, the OS dont register anything, like the sd reader is not connected at all...

I posted in the support forum without much luck...

I need to send it back? Maybe a new row of boards with second card not working? I moved to live to Hungary (i dont speak hungarian...) and the website of the post system is only in Hungarian (the English version is just to buy postcards and stamps...) And as i am really scary that they lost my pandora, or it arrive to my new neighbours, can i wait with this problem until i make a visit to spain for the next month? I mean, you will change(the fair i think...)/fix(even if i didnt break this case...) still:( and will be still a first batch...? i would like have one of the first batch... i told about this project before u started to sell to some friends, and all of them have theirs first batch working perfectly already, less me...

When I hear the words CC it fills me with dread - they have plenty of excuses and are treating OPT as an after thought!

Disgusting - can anyone defend them in a logical way?

How exactly are you testing the Wifi speed and what speed are you expecting for Rx and Tx?

When I hear the words CC it fills me with dread - they have plenty of excuses and are treating OPT as an after thought!

You can say that again :(

It's really really hard pushing them to do anything and getting information.

I hope they don't manage to kill the whole project!

someday you were happy about new manager on their side that contacted you often and took care. What happened to him?

Well, he should still be there, he replies every once in a while, but he doesn't seem as talkative as before.

Maybe he was just on Whitsun holidays...

I requested a status last week but haven't gotten any reply to that.

At least the hardware guy who oversees production replies to my SD Card images, so he is working on them.

Wow, those are some harsh words....

Sorry, I'm probably overworked a bit... but it's really exhausting.

You're doing everything you can, but getting a simple reply from CC seems impossible sometimes :(

Does CC actually know these forums exist? If so, do they check them? It's a pretty foolish for a business to ignore such simple and valid criticism that's so publicly available... They're giving themselves a bad image. :(

Better to keep OP happy and their public image decent. :)

^

Have you seen the mustache on the CEO? We've been down the road of CCs image and while they haven't updated their website since 1995, they are the only ones who can currently produce our beloved boards. Really hope the lessons learned during this Pandora project come to full fruition with the Pandora 2.

Does CC actually know these forums exist? If so, do they check them? It's a pretty foolish for a business to ignore such simple and valid criticism that's so publicly available... They're giving themselves a bad image. :(
It was never the intent to give them a bad image here. Initially Craig and ED did not identify the board manufacturer, just as they did not identify the nub manufacturer or the Chinese plastics company. But eventually people figured out that it was CircuitCo since they also do the BeagleBoard.

You can say that again :(

It's really really hard pushing them to do anything and getting information.

Hmmm, okay, ED, may be you were in a bad mood and really exhausting, but I would like to know the exact significance/range of this remark...

You know, when there is no news some people get fear... But With this kind of remark... I know you don't have a lot of power on CC, that it is a lot of pressure... But for people who are waiting for 1, 2 years it is not the things they want to read, and if they read it they would like to... be more informed of this situation...

I waited for 12 years the Duke, I can wait a bit for the Pandora, I just want to be sure it won't become a vaporware for the ones who still don't receive it ><

I just want to add, great job guys, bravery ^^

Well, they are working, and you can be sure we'll do everything to make sure the Pandora happens.

But what if they need too long and a lot of people want a refund?

The same fear I had for the full last year... but we're still here, that's a good sign.

Good to read another update ED. I'm sure everyone is thankful for all the hard work you and your team have put in over the years, despite obstacles such as hardware and CC issues.

When the current CC issue is fixed be sure to tell us right away! I have a premium Pandora ordered (I couldn't wait), I just got an email saying the shipping would be delayed due to this problem, so I am very eagerly awaiting news, as is everyone, I'm sure.

But the main problem is the SD...It dont detect anything... and is not my sd card, the OS dont register anything, like the sd reader is not connected at all...

I have the same issue with the second SD-Slot. The first one works fine and the second just behaves like a SD-Card-Holder or something. I wanted to make one SD for system and booting and the other one for everthing else so when i start to experiment with the system and break something with the files i could still switch back to the NAND quickly.

But what if they need too long and a lot of people want a refund?

You can be sure i will never cancel my order, even if it takes another year. I guess i'm past the point of no return and i'm not really missing the money :)

ED, you and the entire Pandora team, also have my full support even if sometimes I become crazy with the lake of news ^^

We are already 2 ^^

Once again ,and it's easy to say, if we have regularly some news, I am pretty sure that really few people will cancel. The problem is what people can imagine when there is no news...

Personally the money I put for the Pandora is some money that I consider to not exist anymore, this is just a future Pandora :D Unless a news says that the project is aborted >< ... Which WON'T arrive ^^

this is just a future Pandora :D Unless a news says that the project is aborted >< ... Which WON'T arrive ^^

then it's free money coming back, depending on if you'd accept it or not, i wouldn't if everything had failed and i hadn't got mine already :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ED I am sure you are not ignoring questions about the TV out cable intentionally ;)

Would you pleas update us of their status and how many more orders do we need to have the cables built and shipped?

Well, the good thing is that each time I fear the worst, the whole thing suddenly moves forward. :)

So maybe I'll get good news this week :D

About the TV Out Cables: Craig handles the ordering, so I don't know the current status, sorry.

Back