Which Is Better: Pong Or Pacman?

Pong or Pacman?

• Pong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Why do people hate Tony Blair? The only major stupid thing that has happened under his government is the war on terror.

Mudi posted on Feb 24 2007 at 04:50 AM said:
I have googled it, and I told you the results in my last post... nothing 'scientifically verifiable' blah blah blather blather that I saw.

There's lots of scientifically verifiable evidence. But, before you even bother looking at this link, ask yourself: is my mind already made up on the subject? Will it matter what evidence is presented to you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Of course wikipedia is just a reference work. However, if you doubt the veracity of any particular claim, you can just cross-reference against another source or examine the original source.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon posted on Feb 24 2007 at 06:24 AM said:
Oh, and if the Democrats were to vote against the Patriot Act or anything involving basic rights being stripped, they'd be "obstructionist" and "the terrorists would win".
That's not a valid excuse, IMO. We need people of principle in office. Not a bunch of pathetic yes-men afraid to take a stand to protect the very rights that made this country what it is.

Both parties are happy to give totalitarian power to the executive. They just want their canidate in the office.

And DaveC, I don't know if I'd call those issues democratic or republican. I just call them idiotic and irrellevant. In case you're wondering, I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm wholly independent, although I usually vote libertarian since they choose to make individual rights and constitutional government their party platform.

I definitly agree with you about electronic voting. There is overwhelming evidence that the vote was tampered with in Ohio last election, and other places that don't come to mind. Did you see that HBO Special, "Hacking Democracy"? It's on Google Video. But, in all reality, politicians have been stealing the vote at least since JFK, and probably longer than that.

nickspoon posted on Feb 24 2007 at 12:24 PM said:
Whether global warming is actually happening is beside the point. The fact that politicians are ignoring or denying anything that scientists come up with that seems to show this - that's the problem. Although Mr. Blair has got the ball rolling with his proposal to the G8, people are arguing that it isn't enough and the majority of the American government are sitting with cotton wool in their ears (which is a wonderful image to consider).

Oh, and if the Democrats were to vote against the Patriot Act or anything involving basic rights being stripped, they'd be "obstructionist" and "the terrorists would win".

Well if it was admitted that global warming was happenning, that would be bad for the oil industry. Not suprising the most opposition to global warming findings are funded by big oil and their cronies ;)

The terrorists have already won. They play the Bushies like a fiddle. Because of the terrorists we lost our civil rights, travel is a major pain, sporting events are a pain, the US is bankrupt from emtying the treasury for the war, thousands of troops are killed and more bodies are stacking up daily. They don't have to come here to kill Americans, we deliver! The terrorists can't destroy the US, but the US can self destruct from within if we play into this. Bush is falling for it completely.

LordFu posted on Feb 24 2007 at 02:59 PM said:
And DaveC, I don't know if I'd call those issues democratic or republican. I just call them idiotic and irrellevant. In case you're wondering, I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm wholly independent, although I usually vote libertarian since they choose to make individual rights and constitutional government their party platform.

I call those idiotic issues Republican because they are the ones that always bring them up (just before an election BTW). The Republicans put those, like flag burning and gay marriage, on ballots. They do this to motivate their conservative right-wing religeous base to go vote. Democrats typically bring up things like the war, stem cell research, and global warming. Those are actual issues.

As far as libertarian voting I would never do that at this point in time. You just hand victory to the republicans. Maybe in the future I would consider it when it is not as crucial to get the more corrupt Republicans out. It is like a ladder. We are at the bottom now with the Republicans. We need to climb up a rung to theDems, then once we get there we can consider climbing up from there.

Goity posted on Feb 24 2007 at 12:46 PM said:
Why do people hate Tony Blair? The only major stupid thing that has happened under his government is the war on terror.

Backing George Bush's plan to turn britain into a missile base...

War against Iraq. Following whatever Mr. Bush does. Refusing to call a ceasefire in Israel-Lebanon. ASBOs. ID cards. Detainment without trial for 90 days for terror suspects. Indefinite detainment without trial or charge for foreigners. Ignoring completely the decisions of the Cabinet, instead deciding to use his own personal advisers. The Private Finance Initiative, which is where portions of the public sector are sold to the private sector, then the private sector forms a monopoly on this portion and can therefore charge more and offer terrible service - like privatisation, only we're not going to call it that.

Yes, Tony Blair is largely responsible for how shitty the NHS, public transport and education are.

nickspoon posted on Feb 25 2007 at 11:59 AM said:
War against Iraq. Following whatever Mr. Bush does. Refusing to call a ceasefire in Israel-Lebanon. ASBOs. ID cards. Detainment without trial for 90 days for terror suspects. Indefinite detainment without trial or charge for foreigners. Ignoring completely the decisions of the Cabinet, instead deciding to use his own personal advisers. The Private Finance Initiative, which is where portions of the public sector are sold to the private sector, then the private sector forms a monopoly on this portion and can therefore charge more and offer terrible service - like privatisation, only we're not going to call it that.

Yes, Tony Blair is largely responsible for how shitty the NHS, public transport and education are.
touché. Apart from ASBOs, they're great fun to collect.

Besides, he's better than Hug a hoody David Cameron and fatass lying-to-get-public-approval Gordon Brown.

Goity posted on Feb 25 2007 at 02:51 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 25 2007 at 11:59 AM said:

touché. Apart from ASBOs, they're great fun to collect.

Besides, he's better than Hug a hoody David Cameron and fatass lying-to-get-public-approval Gordon Brown.

Why is he?

lubidog posted on Feb 25 2007 at 10:37 PM said:
Goity posted on Feb 25 2007 at 02:51 PM said:

Why is he?
Because he married a relative of the guy that topped Abe Lincoln ? That's got to be worth a few brownie points. Do you think G.W. knows about that ? Does he avoid the theatre when the Blairs are in town ?

Nova posted on Feb 24 2007 at 01:56 PM said:

Backing George Bush's plan to turn britain into a missile base...

Has anyone ever told you that your avitar is great.

LordFu posted on Feb 24 2007 at 02:59 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 24 2007 at 06:24 AM said:
That's not a valid excuse, IMO. We need people of principle in office. Not a bunch of pathetic yes-men afraid to take a stand to protect the very rights that made this country what it is.

Both parties are happy to give totalitarian power to the executive. They just want their canidate in the office.

I definitly agree with you about electronic voting. There is overwhelming evidence that the vote was tampered with in Ohio last election, and other places that don't come to mind. Did you see that HBO Special, "Hacking Democracy"? It's on Google Video. But, in all reality, politicians have been stealing the vote at least since JFK, and probably longer than that.
I believe that is one of the biggest problems with politics in the USA, we have a two party system. Like you, I don't agree with either party. Libertarianism seems to make the most sense to me, more freedom both socially and financially.

Bush sucks, but I don't believe the democratic BS either. I thought An Inconvenient Truth would be great after reading the reviews. I saw it and was disgusted. Who the hell cares about Gore's farm? It also revealed the hypocrisy of his stance. Almost all big-name politicians disgust me.

Anyways, on topic:
Pacman is vastly superior. However, you have to consider the state of videogame development at the time of each of their releases. They are both great in their own way.

I think this thread proves that the GP2X community isn't as stupid as some mods seem to think. We are able to talk about things that matter without it turning into an all-out flame war.

Plus, I havent seen so many pages in an off-topic thread since the evolution one. Oh and the Mac one. But they were both shut down so we probably haven't got long left.

declaration posted on Feb 27 2007 at 07:24 AM said:
I think this thread proves that the GP2X community isn't as stupid as some mods seem to think. We are able to talk about things that matter without it turning into an all-out flame war.
QFT

Of note:

Why the fuck do politicians .... ALL of them ... have to wear business suits? I think I might actually vote for a candidate who refused to dress like a CEO.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 27 2007 at 12:16 PM said:
Of note: Why the fuck do politicians .... ALL of them ... have to wear business suits? I think I might actually vote for a candidate who refused to dress like a CEO.

Clothes are often costumes, communicative decoration. I believe that suits are supposed to suggest that the person is business-oriented, concerned with seriousness. As viewers and/or wearers, we may not always be aware of that secondary function of clothes, but I think it's always there nonetheless.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 27 2007 at 05:16 PM said:
Of note:

Why the fuck do politicians .... ALL of them ... have to wear business suits? I think I might actually vote for a candidate who refused to dress like a CEO.
http://www.omrlp.com/

I'd vote for them.

nickspoon posted on Feb 27 2007 at 01:05 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 27 2007 at 05:16 PM said:
Of note:

http://www.omrlp.com/

I'd vote for them.

:lol: as would I :lol:

Back