Where Are You From?

I moved to Sheffield from South Africa (Johannesburg) when i was really young and it is suposedly one of the safest and is the greenest city in England so going to university at Manchester seems a bit depressing all of a sudden (any opions on Manchester here?)

unlucky posted on Jul 6 2006 at 12:31 AM said:
I moved to Sheffield from South Africa (Johannesburg) when i was really young and it is suposedly one of the safest and is the greenest city in England so going to university at Manchester seems a bit depressing all of a sudden (any opions on Manchester here?)
Yes, come to Aberystwyth, it's lovely here and much safer than Sheffield. This really is a place you can bring your kids up, nice and fun too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh. Err.. Have this nice shiny new brick.

I should have said "9th highest crime rate per head". It is actually very safe. Like a lot of citys, most of the crime is localised in just small areas, and it is constantly getting better.

If you haven't seen it, the crime report thing has some quite interesting statistics in it http://www.reform.co.uk/filestore/pdf/Urba...orm,%202006.pdf

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 6 2006 at 12:34 AM said:
Yes, come to Aberystwyth, it's lovely here and much safer than Sheffield. This really is a place you can bring your kids up, nice and fun too!
Everybody who has ever lived in Aberystwyth eventually drowns, so it's no that safe.

LHC posted on Jul 7 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
Everybody who has ever lived in Aberystwyth eventually drowns, so it's no that safe.
:blink:

LHC posted on Jul 7 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
No you're thinking of drunk students, us locals have more sense than to go playing with the sea in winter whilst sozzled.

On a funny note: I once saw a little pamphlet about Aberystwyth, boasting about the local sights. Whoever wrote it must be really old as in one section it said "Come to Aberystwyth, and see the flags". Er right, even the Crazy golf is more interesting :D .

Draken posted on Jul 2 2006 at 04:23 PM said:
Flanders!

Belgium, a country were recently (!) 6 marocan children beat an old man to dead, 2 children (aged 6 and 10) were kidnapped by a marocan (then one of them was raped before they were both killed), a polish guy stabbed a kid dead to steal his mp3 player, and a belgian guy shot a turking lady, a black lady and a small belgian child.

Oh, and you can't leave your home at 6pm+ or you are automatically a fag/a filthy belgian/dead...
Is Belgium really that bad? I'll have to ask my lovely Latina to elaborate on the short time she lived in Belgium. Usually she talks about France, Italy & Spain, which she lived in for 2 years, each.

I live down South in North-Central Florida, United States of America.

ochile.gif

I'm in Duluth, Minnesota, United States

About Bush: It seems like all of his bad ideas pass and his good ideas (or, at least the good ideas that he agrees with) seem to disappear...possibly the media trying to make him look even worse, or did he honestly drop them? What surprises me the most is that the Democrats aren't really taking full advantage of the situation. Everyone hates Bush, but the Democrats aren't agreeing on any stance to take on issues (at least last I bothered to check, I'm not extremely interested in politics)

Back