What Is Your Favorite Bargain Bin Title?

Gerix

I'm sure everyone has been at the store and looked through that pile of marked down games. Some of them are real duds. But there are a few that stand out. Have you had any games that you took a chance on and they paid off? Some games that I've gotten that I ended up liking were Incoming Forces/Incoming and Battle Isle 2200. Even Ballistics was good on the days when it didn't crash. But my all time favorite bargain bin game is Shadow Watch. What's yours?

Streets of Moscow. One of the best B-Games I ever played. You can pimp your car to ridiculous levels, level it up to get weird special moves, and crash through hundreds of cars in a race. Also, even though the city is not particularly well modelled and broken up into weird pieces, it actually feels like Moscow. It's available on Steam in a package with other, more crappy racing games.

Hunt for the Red Baron (called Red Ace Squadron elsewhere) is of a similar quality: It's a mouse controlled WW1 plane shooter. Lots of plain simple fun! You can actually buy it here online: http://www.smallrockets.com/pc/redacesquadronpro/index.htm Seems like a sequel is under active development... :blink:

Actually, I haven't yet done this, but if I had $5.00 at the time, I would have bought Blazing Angels. Oh how I love that demo... *SIGH* I do wish I went through the bargain bins more at Wal-Mart, it was like a two-year clearance sale until they remodeled the store. Well, I've got another three years, I can wait :lol:

EDIT:^Small Rockets? I had no idea they were still around! I played the demo of one of their games a long time ago! Which one it was I can't remember...

Speedy Eggbert and Speedy Eggbert 2. Very awesome PC platformers with non-repetitive level design and a powerful level editor.

Does original Half Life count? I've bought it a few times for a few bucks because when I see it in the bargain bin I think 'I could hunt for my copies through storage or I could spend 4.99 right now and play tonight' This was before steam though, now I could just re-download it.

kuru said:
Gothic. Some of the best spent 10 euros.
If HL doesn't count I'd have to agree with you. I paid noting for Gothic, it was free from a website when I bought two other games. One of the games was Warcraft III and I liked Gothic much better. I have no idea what the other game was, but Gothic wins there as I know I liked it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many cheap bargain games in Australia..

Best B-Grade game.... KUNG FU CHAOS! (Xbox)

I got some from ebay - I got ATV Vs MX (PS3) for $14! That was ok..

I Got Turok (ps3) for about $14 and it is SHIT!

It must have been 10 years now. I picked up a copy of Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty) for 10 Deutsche Mark.

This game still is on my list of 10 best games ever.

Exhumed on the PS1 - not sure why, but really enjoyed that game from start to finish.

PS I found (and quickly bought) a copy of panzer dragoon saga for the good old saturn for £6 :) from cash convertors

Earth Defense Force 2010 is an excellent budget title for the 360. I've probably spent more time on it than any of my other current-gen games.

Falcon Delta said:
Earth Defense Force 2010 is an excellent budget title for the 360. I've probably spent more time on it than any of my other current-gen games.
Don't you mean 2017?

Reo said:
Speedy Eggbert and Speedy Eggbert 2. Very awesome PC platformers with non-repetitive level design and a powerful level editor.

Speedy Eggbert. Memories. :)

Back