Are there any Canadian gp32 owners in the house?

gearhead23

First of I'm a long time lurker first time poster (I'm new!).
Are there any people who belong to this who are Canadian
and have purchased gp32? I have a couple of questions.
1. Where did you purchase it from
2. Were there any other costs (gst, pst, duty, etc..)
Thanks
g23

Im from toronto and ordered from play-asia.com. The duty charges goes as follows: When a shipped item is insured, usually the government will charge a %15 tax on the package because they're assholes, but that's usually the case why you'd get a charge. Other someone marks the package as an item with a value ($50 ie) on the green customs card, then you might get screwed. Your safest bet is just to go for regular air mail, and try to ge tth person to mark it down as a gift.

Where you from? WHen you get it maybe we can have a Canadian meet-up :).

I'm from Montreal,
Saw somone on one of these boards from Quebec city.
I think a canaidian meetup would be cool!
thanks for the reply.
g23

I'm a Torontonian as well; picked mine up via Lik-Sang as I always liked their service. pretty polished. Got slaughtered on duty though :/

jeff

From Winnipeg.
Bought it from Lik-Sang with a 128MB SMC.
Paid $38 CDN for customs.
Not too bad.

Protip: Buy the FLU. :) I didn't, and am regretting it. The non-FLU is fairly visible, but I'd like to play it in a comfortable position instead of FINDING a comfortable position. Then again, from what I've heard, dust gets under the FLU'd screens easily.

yeah im from BC and mine came thru play-asia. The only reason they figured out it was worth putting customs on is because the box said play-asia.com on it. The customs was like $20 or so, $5 more on customs then my lighter!! :blink:

thanks for all th replys... looks like the meetup is in T.O this year... any one else.
g23

Mash posted on Aug 19 2003 said:
Im from toronto and ordered from play-asia.com. The duty charges goes as follows: When a shipped item is insured, usually the government will charge a %15 tax on the package because they're assholes, but that's usually the case why you'd get a charge. Other someone marks the package as an item with a value ($50 ie) on the green customs card, then you might get screwed. Your safest bet is just to go for regular air mail, and try to ge tth person to mark it down as a gift.
Got this thread late, I've been on a nice little vacation in BC for the past 5 days... did some rafting on the Kicking Horse on Monday, now I'm super sun-burnt. It was a blast, though! :)

Anyway, I'm in Regina, I got my FLU unit from GBAx, it turned out to be cheaper than the American importers after exchange, plus the GBAx guys will mark it as a gift worth 50 pounds, which cuts down on duty a *lot*. Oh yeah, and double-plus, they'll ship it regular air mail to avoid extra fees from the courier companies, and mine got here in 4 business days. I'd definately recommend going with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unit3,
So far I've had 2 companys in mind, the first one was the didscount-shop and is located in new york(havent heard anything on this board about them)
and the other was gbax beacause CraigX frequents the gp32 boards I kinda feel like I know him and can trust him.
Thanks for all the replys and keep them comming. Maybe someday soon we could have a canaidian meet up!
g23

ProgFrog posted on Aug 20 2003 said:
I'm from Ottawa.
Heh, I have relatives and friends living in Ottawa, so I have been there for a few times :)
Nice town :)

Last edited:
I live in Québec city and I received my GP32(FLU) and my 128mb SMC just yesterday. :) Still waiting for my 12AAs and charger. Just tested it a little, damn full time job!! I bought it from entware and I payed 20.54$CDN for TPS,TVP and handling. no duties.

I've been lurking and drooling for nearly a month now. Waiting for my money tree to drop it's fruits. :)

Nice community, nice games, nice console. Hesitated to buy a GBA, very happy I looked around more.

Yep! It's what, a 2.5-3 hours ride? If I get a RF module someday, I'll know who to ask for a test :).

Back