When Will I Get My Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

When will I get my Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

• 2011 Q1

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 2011 Q2

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 2011 Q3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 2011 Q4

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 2010 Q4 <---LOL

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

WizardStan said:
spaceballs3000 said:
WizardStan said:
Jdriele said:
How do you know your position ?
sending an email and asking is the only way to know. This is not recommended because it doesn't help anything, and the ladies that answer emails are very backed up as it is.

Actually it does help, as it informs the customer where they stand in the queue, and apparently where you stand in the queue can make a big difference in when you get it.
Yes, but KNOWING where in the queue you are doesn't change anything: you will still get it on the exact same day regardless of whether you know what queue position you are or not.
Look at the recent history, people at #1 have theirs, and people (say above #1000) don't.
Also helps inform the customer to find out if they are high on the queue, say at #4000, and let them decid if can wait the (two months) or get an refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
spaceballs3000 said:
Look at the recent history, people at #1 have theirs, and people (say above #1000) don't.
Also helps inform the customer to find out if they are high on the queue, say at #4000, and let them decid if can wait the (two months) or get an refund.
Given your apparent unfamiliarity with how it's been done, it's worth pointing out that very, very few people were given specific estimates like that. I know of only a couple (and I was one of them) - almost everyone else I've heard mentioning their estimate was given something like "450 to 500" or even "1500 to 2000". I know that, in spite of the estimate I was kindly provided, others who'd been given rough estimates that covered ranges higher than my own received Pandoras before I did - *that* is how rough the figures can be.

The point would certainly be valid if specific numbers were given.

Prometheus said:
spaceballs3000 said:
Given your apparent unfamiliarity with how it's been done, it's worth pointing out that very, very few people were given specific estimates like that. I know of only a couple (and I was one of them) - almost everyone else I've heard mentioning their estimate was given something like "450 to 500" or even "1500 to 2000". I know that, in spite of the estimate I was kindly provided, others who'd been given rough estimates that covered ranges higher than my own received Pandoras before I did - *that* is how rough the figures can be.

The point would certainly be valid if specific numbers were given.

So getting back a reply saying your queue position is "500-1500" vs "3500-4000" is meaningless (in your view), Got it!

spaceballs3000 said:
So getting back a reply saying your queue position is "500-1500" vs "3500-4000" is meaningless (in your view), Got it!
No.

I really wish everyone would just shut the hell up about their Que positions, I have never even gotten one and asked multiple times so maybe there are no Que positions so just deal with it this has got to be the 1000th thread made for what place are you?
All I know is I'm at the end of Batch 1.

Ok, so I did some quick and dirty calculations a few weeks ago (about 2 weeks ago) with some info ED gave me.

Note that I am in line 1000-1100 and a friend I know is in line 400-500. We're both in Craig's Queue.

As we know, there are two main shippers, ED and Craig. Craig gets most of the pPandoras to ship, and ED gets a bit. So if there are 1000 units, craig gets 750 to ship to customers and ED gets about 250. This is what ED told me two weeks ago.

We know for sure that 900 units has shipped so far (two weeks ago), which means about 225 units of that went to ED, and 675 went to craig.

Basically, this means that roughly, ED shipped 225 units to customers, and Craig sent 675 units to customers.

BUT they each held back a few units for RMA purposes. I am guessing 15-20 units each, MAX. So craig sent about 655 units so far. Which would place my friend's line of 400-500 well within "shipped".

Is this an acceptable guesstimation, or is it a completely off-figure?

A shipped unit doesn't mean a filled order, unfortunately. There was a disturbing number of failures, mostly due to the bad nubs, closer to 100-200 or so, not 15-20. That's why they halted production so suddenly to take care of the nubs. Of those 900, probably around 450 have actually been sent to Craig's customers, maybe 200 to ED's list, and a few dozen to Fatih. Assuming your friends 400-500 queue estimate is accurate (and history has suggested that it isn't) he is in the ballpark for being shipped, but no guarantees yet until the next set are sent out in the next couple weeks.

WizardStan said:
A shipped unit doesn't mean a filled order, unfortunately. There was a disturbing number of failures, mostly due to the bad nubs, closer to 100-200 or so, not 15-20. That's why they halted production so suddenly to take care of the nubs. Of those 900, probably around 450 have actually been sent to Craig's customers, maybe 200 to ED's list, and a few dozen to Fatih. Assuming your friends 400-500 queue estimate is accurate (and history has suggested that it isn't) he is in the ballpark for being shipped, but no guarantees yet until the next set are sent out in the next couple weeks.

I forgot that the nubs were in the plus-hundred list. Hopefully my friend gets his email very, very, very soon, on the next shipping mark. Which should be soon: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/843-one-day-late-but-more-goodies-instead/

BUt how long does it usually take for assembly and all that? :|

^ My understanding is that they have the next bunch of units assembled and ready to go - they just need to fit the boards.

Right now, it's July 11th, 2011.

I still don't have my Pandora, NOR my shipped email.

What's the delay? What has been happening the past few months?

(I have been away for the past 5-6 months)

Your pre-order pandora probably went to a premium customer. The current batch is delayed due to problems with the wifi, so until that is sorted they wont be shipping any more unless they have some spare good working boards and then some of those are going to premium customers so hopefully yours is amongst the amount that has been set aside for the actual first batch. In around three months it will be three years for many people and they havent cancelled.

The people who have waited so long and havent cancelled periodically bottle their tears and send them to craigix, you see he is like some kinda vampire, but instead of blood he is nourished by the tears of pandora pre-orderers. The longer you wait, the stronger he gets and he the more he can assemble in a day, it also helps him to be able to answer emails...

So you see? we all win.

OK I might have made that last bit up...

lobski said:
Right now, it's July 11th, 2011.

I still don't have my Pandora, NOR my shipped email.

What's the delay? What has been happening the past few months?

(I have been away for the past 5-6 months)

I hear you. I waited for about three years, was twice told my queue number was 1000-1100 and when my unit was apparently sold to someone who did not have to wait a month but did have the extra money, I had enough and cancelled. As I waited for the Pandora since the first ideas about it appeared (4-5 years back), it was quite a move for me. I know how nerdy it sounds, I do have a life, but Pandora became some sort of "holy grail" with all its delays. There is a bright side to it though, I bought very little electronics in the meantime as the Pandora was still around the corner, saving money.

Now I have been waiting for any kind of confirmation of my cancellation. It seems the two months rule apply everywhere concerning Pandora.
Hopefully I will at least end up with the money back. I doubt I will ever pre-order anything again.

Iorgy77 said:
OK I might have made that last bit up...

The bit about winning I take it? ;)

I guess I wasn't part of the 50 units Craig shipped...

Oh, and I found the original email:
pandorder.jpg

Hi Lobski,

I have matched this with your Paypal order, so it is in the same queue position as your original Paypal order.

Thanks
Jacquelyn

:(

Akabei said:
aq21 said:
lobski said:
Looks like it may be Q1 2012!

It won't be.
Why not? You know more than we do?

So, did I know more than you do, or did I know exactly what you knew but did not dare say?

Let's summarise the current status: We are now about two months after production at a rate of 1000 a month was supposed to start, and about 150 from each 1000 were supposed to go to craigix's customers who paid 3 and a half years ago and got nothing. In fact, craigix only got 35 devices, and none (0) of them went to the infamous queue of waiting customers.

I believe it is safe to say that the OP will not get a device in 2012, unless he pays for an "upgrade".

It is likely that once cragix sees that anyone willing to pay an extra 85 GBP for the device already did this, he will try lowering the "upgrade" price. It is also possible that at one time people who try to cancel their order will be offered an immediate device, rather than being ignored.

TV out cables are still MIA.

aq21 said:
So, did I know more than you do, or did I know exactly what you knew but did not dare say?
Making a guess based on no information and being right is not "knowing but daring not to say". Looking back on the past couple of weeks, the only reason they didn't finish 1000 in March as originally planned is because of problems with soldering the OMAP to the boards, something they couldn't have known without trying. They should be able to hit their 1000/month quota now, unless something else unforseen comes up. Take careful note that this is already a significantly better position than what they had with CircuitCo. I'm not going to make excuses for all the bad decisions that Craig made up to this point, there are definitely points where a different choice would have made things smoother, or at least made them aware of problems sooner so they could be fixed faster, (and when you read this, Craig, don't try and pretend you didn't make a single wrong choice because I could point out several I knew were wrong even before you made them, told you they were bad choices, and then got yelled at for being an armchair engineer) but I don't think it's fair to try and steal any of their glory on this one: they're doing right and following the plan originally laid out, albeit a little slower than originally written, and barring a heart attack or something, EvilDragon has given no indication of deviating from this plan.

Not sure where you see that none of the ones sent out were given to old pre-orders, though. He mentioned getting 36 (36/300 * 1000 = 120, incidentally, which is close enough to 150 for a start for me) but I don't remember Craig saying anything either way about how many of those went to old vs new preorders
ED did say that 70 definitely went out to original orders, though.

Craig does not take new orders, so that is not an issue. He does take "upgrade" preorders, and according to the other forum there are at least 40 such "upgrades". It is obvious that he will send to "upgrades" before sending to regular preorderers (if he will send to those at all).

ED counts "upgrades" as original preorders in those 70, so probably also none to people who actually wait for 3 and a half years in the "queue".

Back