When Will I Get My Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

When will I get my Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

• 2011 Q1

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 2011 Q2

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 2011 Q3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 2011 Q4

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 2010 Q4 <---LOL

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

lobski said:
So, is there a ballpark estimate of how many people actually HAVE gotten their Pandoras so far? I am guessing about around 300 units in the hands of the buyers so far.
~900

give or take people who ordered 2 and those that were sent in for rma's

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the OP team had no idea what making a handheld entailed when they said 'by Christmas' two years ago. If you are upset you haven't gotten your Pandora when promised due to their gullibility aren't you just as gullible for giving them money in the first place? I'm just staying on this ride until I get my Pandora or the OP team folds. If I loose my money it is only like $400 or whatever it was on the re-order, it is not like the end of the world if I never get my money or a Pandora. Besides, that dent was put into my wallet two years ago, financially I've moved on.

second exodous said:
If you are upset you haven't gotten your Pandora when promised due to their gullibility aren't you just as gullible for giving them money in the first place?

Hardly. That would mean people had cause to doubt their claims with no evidence. Questions were asked and answered. Sending your life savings to a Nigerian 'Prince' for a 10,000% return is being gullible. Buying a device from a known entity with a support base.. not so much.
How were OPT gullible exactly? That implies being easily led. Who exactly misled OPT in 2008?

Asmo said:
Who exactly misled OPT in 2008?

Themselves?

They clearly bit off more than they could chew. Given the clear shift of priorities to the ICP, I'm not sure whether peoples' loyalty to the project is to be applauded or puzzled over...

Hey XxionxX! Of course the pre-orderers knew they'd be waiting (I'm not one myself, I must admit!), but that doesn't mean they should just sit tight when, two years later, they're still waiting, after multiple deadlines have come and gone. What I don't agree with is this idea that anyone who complains is just whining or ungrateful or something. It's not whining to expect a product to be delivered within a reasonable time frame - a paying customer has every right to expect that. Of course you've got to cut some slack to a project like this, no-one expected them to magic it up out of the air, but it's gotten kind of silly and I find it very hard to believe that two years of delays can all be blamed on those mean ol' contractors.

I totally agree that the delays have become over the top Popcorn Dave (the volcano for example). I myself am one of the people who pre-ordered and did not know that the device was still years away from completion. All I am saying is that as a consumer the only way make things go faster is to throw more money at the problem or give support to the manufacturers. Telling the OPT they need to get their shit together doesn't help anyone. All it accomplishes is to berate the people who are trying hard to get this device to us. I am sure they want this device and their business to succeed MORE than we do.

I mean besides a con artist who wakes up and says, "Let's see how we can mess with people today. I am totally going to make people angry." The OPT wants, more than anything, for their customers to be happy. There is no possible reason they are happy with making all of their customers wait this long. Every customer who finally trows in the towel is one more failure they feel upset by. They are tired and frustrated that their project isn't going exactly as they planned it. They started this project with enormous hopes and dreams just like any of us would, and with each cancellation comes defeat and disappointment.

I don't know about you, but I want to fill the team with my positive energy.

Asmo said:
second exodous said:
If you are upset you haven't gotten your Pandora when promised due to their gullibility aren't you just as gullible for giving them money in the first place?

Hardly. That would mean people had cause to doubt their claims with no evidence. Questions were asked and answered. Sending your life savings to a Nigerian 'Prince' for a 10,000% return is being gullible. Buying a device from a known entity with a support base.. not so much.
How were OPT gullible exactly? That implies being easily led. Who exactly misled OPT in 2008?
I think I should have used naive and not gullible. Someone who thinks something is possible when they have no idea how things work. Buyers were naive when they thought such a small team could put out something that would rival every other handheld out in 2008. They learned and are making up for it and will use what they learned when they put out their next handheld.

Anyway, it is out now, the first batch is being fulfilled, I have renewed confidence in them and if they have pre-orders for the Pandora2 in the future I'll pre-order again. I think the only time I was upset with delays is when they were nitpicking over cosmetic artifacts from the molds, the rest of the delays never upset me that much because I realized they were dealing with oversea companies and they were a small team. Also, it is an open Linux handheld, that helped for me also.

I think you're seriously underestimating number of one-nubbers which skipped the queue. I think I could remember Craigx speaking of numbers like 100 or more. That's actually why they stopped production and forced the nub company to make more solid nubs.

I'm planning on ordering mine on the first of January (my birthday) and I won't expect to get it sooner than June... and I hope get it before January 2012.

This is just my opinion, but I don't mind the delays at all. I already have all of the consoles I want to emulate on the Pandora, and often type or game on my laptop in a Pandora fashion (not at home, of course.) The Pandora really is the perfect gadget for my many needs, including IRC, emulators, DOS games, PS games, email, python... almost everything. I need a handheld that can do anything without restrictions. Sure, there are other things out there that do the same thing, but I want the Pandora :D

With all the issues I have been reading about over the last week I have lost confidence that any more than a token guesture will be delivered before the end of December.

In fact it all sounds like a bit of a shambles now and I only say that because its now 2 years late!!!

Hope I am wrong but if I get mine (position 1350) before April (2011 just to be exact) then it will be a miracle.

It sounds like over the next few months things may improve dramatically if what we are being told is correct but who knows - information is sketchy and contradictory so its very hard to tell just what the position actually is.

I am however confident I will get a Pandora and it will be excellent and good quality.

It is amazing that most preorders are still hanging in - we believe (I hope) in the OPT teams ability to deliver despite the shambolic state everything appears to be in - there are no other words to describe it regardless of who is at fault!!!

Roll on April 2011

Well, I was hoping I would get the shipped/shipping soon email before November was up, but eh...

Jdriele said:
How do you know your position ?
sending an email and asking is the only way to know. This is not recommended because it doesn't help anything, and the ladies that answer emails are very backed up as it is.

WizardStan said:
Jdriele said:
sending an email and asking is the only way to know. This is not recommended because it doesn't help anything, and the ladies that answer emails are very backed up as it is.

Actually it does help, as it informs the customer where they stand in the queue, and apparently where you stand in the queue can make a big difference in when you get it.

spaceballs3000 said:
WizardStan said:
Jdriele said:

Actually it does help, as it informs the customer where they stand in the queue, and apparently where you stand in the queue can make a big difference in when you get it.
Yes, but KNOWING where in the queue you are doesn't change anything: you will still get it on the exact same day regardless of whether you know what queue position you are or not.

^ You forgot that the queue estimates are very rough, and have in some cases not provided as much information as some have expected... :p

Back