When Will I Get My Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

When will I get my Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

• 2011 Q1

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 2011 Q2

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 2011 Q3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 2011 Q4

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 2010 Q4 <---LOL

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
because they are grouped together from 3 different purchasing sources... craig, ED, and Fatih (I think... not sure about the last one)... and the orders/RMAs/etc are split 3 ways with Craig (I think) handling 50% of the incoming systems and ED splitting the other half with Fatih (I think)... what should happen is that OPT should say what numbers they are on for each supplyer (listing all 3 suppliers separately) so people can get a feel for where they sit (even if production halts now and then, at least customers can have a better comprehension of where they fall) in the list... But this is what I figure from all the posts I've accumulated to this point.
maybe someone should ask the 3 shops what order numbers they are up to

I know the german site is doing this for ED's shop... I'm too lazy to look it up but it's in the 250 range I think

Last edited by a moderator:
because they are grouped together from 3 different purchasing sources... craig, ED, and Fatih (I think... not sure about the last one)
I thought ED had like 25% of the orders and Fatih had very few units total. But I'm probably wrong.

jb0yx said:
I know the german site is doing this for ED's shop... I'm too lazy to look it up but it's in the 250 range I think
Order number 2491 has shipped. These numbers include other product orders of though, so it's hard to map this to a specific Pandora number (but if you ordered at EDs shop you can estimate how many others are before you).

Caine said:
I thought ED had like 25% of the orders and Fatih had very few units total. But I'm probably wrong.
That was also my understanding, but I can't for the life of me remember why I think that. Also I recall that Fatih had so few that he simply received and shipped all of his already.

WizardStan said:
Caine said:
That was also my understanding, but I can't for the life of me remember why I think that. Also I recall that Fatih had so few that he simply received and shipped all of his already.

if that's the case, where's the rest of the other 25% (with ED having 25% and Craig having 50%)...? suggesting Fatih had, say, 5% or even 2%, there's still 20 - 23% (theoretically) in limbo...... unless they are being used for RMAs... if so, I'm not against it, as long as I am able to wrap my head around how they're deciding who gets what... Admittedly, it is a bit frustrating not knowing...

WizardStan said:
Caine said:

if that's the case, where's the rest of the other 25% (with ED having 25% and Craig having 50%)...? suggesting Fatih had, say, 5% or even 2%, there's still 20 - 23% (theoretically) in limbo...... unless they are being used for RMAs... if so, I'm not against it, as long as I am able to wrap my head around how they're deciding who gets what... Admittedly, it is a bit frustrating not knowing...
The assumption that Craig got 50% was part of the assumption that Fatih was getting 25%. If I remember correctly, Fatih got, like, 30; of the remaining, ED gets 25% and Craig gets 75%, with whatever is needed for RMAs going to whomever. I don't understand why it would be hard to understand :(

I thought it was actually said that Craig was only getting half... I'm pretty sure I remember a post somewhere that expressly said Craig=50%, ED=25% and Fatih=25%... if ANY of them can chime in and confirm one way or another, that would be great!!! :D

Iorgy77 said:
Craig doesnt post here anymore. He got what he wanted out of the community and has moved on to iphone accesories.
well do you blame him? People rag or rip apart basically everything he says... how many meme's are based solely off one of craig's posts?

I don't blame him at all for abandoning this forum and at least attempting to start over.

jb0yx said:
Iorgy77 said:
Craig doesnt post here anymore. He got what he wanted out of the community and has moved on to iphone accesories.
well do you blame him? People rag or rip apart basically everything he says... how many meme's are based solely off one of craig's posts?

I don't blame him at all for abandoning this forum and at least attempting to start over.
You guys are kidding right? He posts all the time.

second exodous said:
You guys are kidding right? He posts all the time.
Not here.
He felt he was being unfairly targeted, and the Pandora needed its own support forum anyway, hence why the new forums came up. The grisly details can be found by simply looking for the last few posts he made.
And I suggest this line of discussion be re-railed (or at least additionally tangentialized) before someone says something they'll regret. Some people had very strong opinions on his decision that you can read about in the history that don't need to be rehashed please.

People rip him apart because he took a ton of their money and failed to deliver, has blamed everyone but himself, and now he's asking for more money to finish work he already got paid to do. I know things have been tough for OPT and not all of this is their fault, but after two years and a lot of misinformation, the customers have every right to be ticked off; I think they made their own bed to be honest. I'm actually amazed how tolerant people are still being, it's a testament to how good the product is. For everyone that preordered, there must be many more like me that would happily buy one but are holding back because they don't have any confidence in the people making it. Ahh, what a pity...

Popcorn Dave said:
and now he's asking for more money to finish work he already got paid to do.
I'm not normally one to say this, but: Citation needed, please. This is the first I've heard of this, and I'm wondering what I've missed.

He's probably referring to the call for investors.

I thought this was the reason for the iControlpad, there are a zillion smart phone users that would find it useful so I thought he put this out to cover the cost a little bit since it uses a lot of the same parts as the Pandora. The guy has a lot of good ideas, I hope these products give him a return.

oh, they WILL give a return... just a matter of getting them out the door. I'm still "faithfully" awating my Pandora, but have halted talking about it much till I get it in my hands, as most are considering it a "wet dream" at this point... But as far as I'm concerned, if it all falls apart, so be it... someone else will come along and make something just as cool (if not more cool) a reality... this is how open source hardware (I know, it's not fully open-source in the fact that the full schematics aren't released as of yet, but I'm sure that will happen down the line once they've recouped or at least somewhat profited from the work they've put in so far) work in today's society... look at ANY other hardware project that is based or focused on open-source (like that video card from a few years back that never happened) and you'll see plenty of delay, issues, lack of info (from all sides) and general growing pains. This is the most advanced (as in completed/near full fruition) project of this type globally to this date... so I can't really be pissed at them COMPLETELY... I am also running my own business from the few bucks in my own pocket to begin with and I experience similar issues with delays due to lack of "business knowledge" of how certain things go in society's idea of what business means and lost customers here and there due to such things... but I've been slowly building my business for 10 years now (and I still make money now and then, so it is NOT a failure by any means.. but) I've only gotten so far due to choosing to handle it myself. It's not easy, but it also means I'm not unnecessarily jumping through hoops for grants and loans from banks and the government... then down the line having to sell my soul to them to make up the difference. To each small business it's own (globally) but I can comprehend that issues arise and things don't go buttery smooth when there aren't millions of dollars to throw at it from day one and a team of rediculously high paid "consultants" to go from zero to 100KPH in 3 seconds. So I get it and rarely (if at all) complain because I'm on both sides of the situation to a degree. It is what it is and as long as they don't quit, it will happen. If this was Ubuntu, people wouldn't be complaining as much... but that's a whole different thread entirely. Small business will always be slow and "clumsy" (no offense) in comparison to big business. Go complain to the Mom & Pop store you buy your fav food from because now and then the fruit is spoiled or the shipments of this or that are delayed... go complain to the local computer shop guy in the tiny space that barely fits him and his tools that he's taking too long to fix your computer and you will refuse to pay him. It's ok though... those who have all these high expectations and are constantly disappointed will eventually get over themselves and either accept the circumstances or move on to the next cool project... I, however will see where this train goes and enjoy the ride as best I can. I may have stepped on a few toes and rubbed a few the wrong way... so be it. I'm still gonna be me and I'm still gonna make due with my laptop (that does most of what the Pandora does) till I get my Pandora... simple as that. I'll be returning to my psuedo-silent state now. :)

How did Craig and co. "fail" to deliver exactly? As far as I know, the only "failures" were the massive delays, and they were about 99% the fault of the manufacturers.

Or am I missing something else?

most "failures" on OPT's behalf (as far as most are concerned) is the lack of information, misinformation, or "false promises"... most would equate them to the fact that notification of delays come later than people are "ok" with... Of course, this is MY interpretation of where people are coming from... your mileage may vary...

That sucks that people finally pushed Craig over the edge. I hope it hasn't got him too down. I am failing to understand how asking for investors is "asking for more money for a job already done." As I understand it the company is just asking if people want to put their money into a company and maybe make a profit. TONS of companies do this. I can't believe they didn't do it in the first place to help raise funds in addition to the pre-orders.

When I learned of the Pandas problems I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "meh." I understand if you don't want to wait anymore, but you understood the ride you were in for when you found out the Panda was still in production. You understood that you could get your money back and you decided to wait. Far be it from me to bash you for wanting to know when your unit is coming but quit your whining about "your pain". We are all equally "in pain" over waiting.

The Pandora team is doing a great job. If you want out then get out. Don't blame the Pandora team for your lack of patience or some BS about how you deserve your Pandora now because it has taken so long.

Wait if you want. Don't wait if you don't. Simple.

Edit: Apologies for my shitty grammar.

So, is there a ballpark estimate of how many people actually HAVE gotten their Pandoras so far? I am guessing about around 300 units in the hands of the buyers so far.

Back