When Will I Get My Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

When will I get my Pandora? (Line 1000-1100)

• 2011 Q1

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 2011 Q2

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 2011 Q3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 2011 Q4

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 2010 Q4 <---LOL

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters

lobski

:(

I feel stupid for thinking that I would have gotten mine in Sept, so I would like to play a little guesstimation game with you guys. I am somewhere in line 1000-1100.

Also, if you guys have your Pandoras, what place in line were you?

I was 80-120 in line and got mine in the second wave of the first lot. I reckon you'll get yours before end of 2010 as things look like they are finally in hand now.

Thanks for the ballpark figures guys. I just can't help but feel someone annoyed at these delays.

I'm around the same place in the queue and I'm about to cancel. I was never interested in the Pandora for games, I wanted a UMPC. The Pandora isn't cutting edge like it would have been had it been released when we were initially lead to believe it would be. I wish the team all the best despite misinformation, perpetual delays and broken promises. I'll use my refund to get an n900.

It makes me sad.

All I can say is, if we're at around 900-1000 units shipped, and taking into account the RMAs and ED and Fatih's queues too, you'll probably be one of the first people to get their Pandora when it starts shipping properly.

Klepto: I think the team has performed admirably, and they hate the delays more than we do, but I have too thought about getting an N900 to tide me over, but I don't want an obsolete phone either, and when the MeeGo phone is released, the N900 will be exactly that.

I have elected for 2011 Q1 although I hope its a lot earlier than that as I am about 1350.

The nub company does not know what it is doing and the board company are not much better - so confidence is not very high.

The nubs are now supposed to be in mass production but then the board company have to also get involved so........should have gone for 2011 Q2.

Really hope I am completely wrong but the weeks are flying by!

Dead1nside said:
Klepto: I think the team has performed admirably, and they hate the delays more than we do, but I have too thought about getting an N900 to tide me over, but I don't want an obsolete phone either, and when the MeeGo phone is released, the N900 will be exactly that.

The n900 is about a year old, hardly obselete. I can get a good quality second hand one for about the same as my Pandora refund. The (MeeGo) n9 won't be out until next year and the whole point is that I want an arm based mobile computing device that meets my requirements NOW. It's worth noting that MeeGo will also be available on the n900.

I think the team are smart and dedicated and they seem like nice guys. I wish them every success, I'm just sick of waiting.

Back on topic: I have no idea when Pandoras will start shipping in quantity again, I don't think anyone does. It may be next month, it may be never, most likely it will be somewhere in between. I think Q2 2011 is probably a good guess, but there was a time when Q2 2009 was a good guess too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
All I can say is, if we're at around 900-1000 units shipped, and taking into account the RMAs and ED and Fatih's queues too, you'll probably be one of the first people to get their Pandora when it starts shipping properly.

Really? I'm 400 - 500, and have yet to hear anything from OPT.

D.

Dunny said:
Craig's queue.

D.

from my understanding of how it was all divided, I'm not surprised you still haven't gotten yours... they would be close to the 250 - 300 range for Craig until production starts up again...

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
Dunny said:
Craig's queue.

from my understanding of how it was all divided, I'm not surprised you still haven't gotten yours... they would be close to the 250 - 300 range for Craig until production starts up again...

Yeah, and when is that going to happen? They've been promising that production is just around the corner since about March.

D.

Iorgy77 said:
production is just about to "ramp up"
:rolleyes:
It's kinda sad that Asmo's quote in my sig is almost as relevant now as it was in May 2009.

Anyway, I'm being optimistic and voting "2011 Q1".

My friend who is in 400-500 still didn't get an email. :(

...Makes me wonder when my 1000-1100 will arrive :eek:

Man, this thread is depressing, I'm in position 850 - 950 and thought we were close to that and now I find out were are not even past 500? I hope batch2ers have a real queue, like 'you are exactly number XXXX' and have a counter on the website, every time one ships the number goes up. Why are all the queue numbers for this batch so broad?

because they are grouped together from 3 different purchasing sources... craig, ED, and Fatih (I think... not sure about the last one)... and the orders/RMAs/etc are split 3 ways with Craig (I think) handling 50% of the incoming systems and ED splitting the other half with Fatih (I think)... what should happen is that OPT should say what numbers they are on for each supplyer (listing all 3 suppliers separately) so people can get a feel for where they sit (even if production halts now and then, at least customers can have a better comprehension of where they fall) in the list... But this is what I figure from all the posts I've accumulated to this point.

Back