What was your favourite Childhood toy?

@Asmo: I love the smell of Play-Doh. They should make an edible version with bright colours, me thinks!.

@ingoreis: I don't remember Moosman. I sort of remember there was a He-Man toy with suction thingymajiggies on his hands and feet, hehe. And ooo cool about the Batmobile. I still have a whole load of DC figures somewhere along with the Thundercats.

There should be a thread on DC vs Marvel :D

Play-Doh was good and the smell is nostalgic, but I remember this stuff more for its smell.

Slime!

slime.jpg

Wow, lots of cool things, thus far!

@ingoreis: I've never seen that before :eek:

@FZERO: I remember that tooo

@Klumpen: Perhaps you should make the DC vs Marvel beat 'em up thread lol. Could be fun.

@Garrett: never seen that before, either. But looks fun :D

@sebt3: Niiiice.

My favourite childhood toy has got to be..my Megadrive..

I just got masterpiece prime transformers figure recently, its class. got two others in the mail.

Ive got a couple of g1 transformers figures too though ive sold alot recently. Shockwave is my fave.

250px-G1Shockwave_toy.jpg

my miggy was one of my favourite toys too of course. I had the screen gems pack.

screengems.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my Megadrive was probably my most hype and anticipated toy.

Got it for one Christmas but I had a few plays on it during the upcoming weeks :)

Usual one, gave it the old "I had better at least check that it all works ok and stuff"

Was allowed to then set it all up on the hallway floor to my 14" colour portable telly, boot up ok, check...

"Best just check the game works too"

Altered Beast, aw yeah, works perfect... Oh wow, check these graphics out, and the sound.

I remember it still very clearly that moment :)

Was hurried off it of course, hearing: "Ok so it works, put it back in the box you can't have it now"

I used to moan a lot that I wanted to just play it and why can't just have my present early already, I know what it is, I've played it once already so might as well just have it...

...To shut me up my mum let me have the odd 20 mins Altered Beast play a couple times.

Then came the big day and things were never the same again. 16-bit and beyond

@FZERO: Awww cute! I used to try that but it didn't work for me :( lol. Funnily enough, I also got my Megadrive for Yule too. It was a 2 controller (meant for my older sister and I to share - but naturally, it became just mine lololol ), a 3 in 1 game (columns, motorbike racing game and football), and Disney's Lion King which I looove :D .

@commander-beef: The He-Man figures had wobbly legs, held on by rubber bands :D .

Next thread should be - who is creepier: Skeletor or Mumm Ra?

Yeah, some He-Man / Skeletor figures were not properly moulded and have wobbly legs. My figures of HeMan and Skeletor was OK.

@Wrath of Khan: cool. Do you sell action figures then, or...?
No, I'm selling Generation one transformers figures on e-bay to help fund a videogame i'm making.

But gosh id love to sell action figures. Just got masterpiece sideswipe and prowl, such cool figures.

Back