What was your favourite Childhood toy?

I had that he-man figure still intact, until bizzarely a friend of mine ripped his legs off, in what can only be described as a fit of mania, about 4 years ago.

I was quite pissed, I had that figure since 1983 or 1984. I loved it as a kid. Got it for christmas with a large orange falcon.

@Wrath of Khan: Oh my gosh, that's horrid :( . Did you fix it?

And ahh I see. Cool. I have some old He-Man figures I need to get rid of.

@Wrath of Khan: Oh my gosh, that's horrid :( . Did you fix it?

And ahh I see. Cool. I have some old He-Man figures I need to get rid of.
No id dint fix it, was a bit tricky as the elastic bands that held the legs were ripped.

At least i still have my action man...except he was decapitated...by my nephew when he was a child. lol. I still have the head and have been meaning to glue it back on.

Lol glue it back on, for the love of monkeys! Glue it back on! Poor action man. Lol. Judging by the stories of how your toys end up..you remind me of Sid from Toy Story (if you've seen it), haha.

Lol glue it back on, for the love of monkeys! Glue it back on! Poor action man. Lol. Judging by the stories of how your toys end up..you remind me of Sid from Toy Story (if you've seen it), haha.
Yeah the kid who destroys all the toys? Saw all three films good stuff.

sid_toy_story_1.jpg
Finding_nemo_nemo_darla_chuckles_portrait.jpg

Think i was 9 when i got to use cleave-axe. We were upgraded to sharp knives in kindergarten at age 6. And imo, thats where you are supposed to be at 6, learning about knives.

Last edited by a moderator:
@comradekingu: Lol! Yikes! But yet..I find myself thinking.."how cool". I think even at 9, we were made to use plastic knives. You can't cook hot dinners with plastic knives, you know! *tries to cut a loaf of bread with a plastic knife* :(

Definately Transformers, specifically Soundwave and his Cassetticons. Shockwave comes a close second though as he looked awesome and had "light and sound" action (a rarity in those days) + he's the only Transformer thats Nuclear powered! 

Lego was also a favourite, we had so much of it i used to build giant medieval castles.  If i remember correctly the biggest one i made used 8 of the large square bases, used to build them cut-away style so you could see all the stuff going on inside all the rooms (and this way saved on wall-pieces!).

Ravage was the coolest Casetticon, really nicely designed toy as well. I liked Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw too (those guys were the bird shaped ones)!

Definately Transformers, specifically Soundwave and his Cassetticons. Shockwave comes a close second though as he looked awesome and had "light and sound" action (a rarity in those days) + he's the only Transformer thats Nuclear powered! 

Lego was also a favourite, we had so much of it i used to build giant medieval castles.  If i remember correctly the biggest one i made used 8 of the large square bases, used to build them cut-away style so you could see all the stuff going on inside all the rooms (and this way saved on wall-pieces!).
I have the shockwave figure.its ace and its one of the few i aint selling.

Back