What was your favourite Childhood toy?

Yep, LEGO is the obvious winner.

Marbles also a good call, I was pretty good on the old drains as a yoot and won many an ice cream tub of rainbows off those that tested for my spirals.

Most memorable fav toys already mentioned....

LEGO

Marbles

He-Man figures

Transformers figures

Star Wars figures

WWF Wrestling figures

Action Man figures

TMNT figures

Atari 2600 and ZX48K

I also used to like my Starcom figures, they were decent and had magnetic feet, so would often be found hanging from the bedframe by them

star01-264x300.jpg

And Madballs were popular for a while I remember, think I collected them all at the time, had waterpistol ones

madballs.jpg

Nearly forgot!

Pretty much all my junior school playtime was taken up playing with [besides marbles and football] playing cards ... flicks against the walls

I collected many series', spring to mind:

MAD

wrapper.jpg

Garbage Pail Kids

0312_gpk.jpg

Topps' NFL cards

p482044dt.jpg

And of course year after year of Panini Football cards/stickers

f86facu.JPG

mexico86pack.JPG

1 word transformers ! 'nuff said . I had tons upon tons Actually I still have em to this day and will buy them at goodwill when I find them out of habit . Now Legos video games and uhh...weapons .

Last edited by a moderator:
My Big Bird Doll and Marbles. Loved making a racket and making my folks shut the doors because they wanted to watch TV and not hear my marbles go down the marble maze lol.

Pokemon TCG during the first few sets (I quit sometime around after dark types and steel types were introduced). Legos, some Mission to Mars handheld game (I forgot what that was).

EDIT: Furbies! Nah, just kidding.

Actually SoulFire9001 you just reminded me I actually went through a Furbie and testtube aliens phase

Wally did you ever own this game?

Space Attack ... was a great game and hours of 2 player fun

THAT was a noisy game, anyone who played this will know, made a drilling whiiiirling noise as you cranked up the handle to release the UFO

pic393670_md.jpg

Don't remember that, but another VERY noisy toy was CrossFire -

crossfire.jpg

Not only was it very noisy, but it was also the only toy I knew that gave you an injury by playing. Seriously! You'd get blisters on your fingers from firing the gun. It was often a case of you stopped playing because your fingers hurt too much, rather than being bored with the game!

That does look noisy ... metal ball bearing rattling around on a wooden tray.

Be surprised if you could sell that these days, without having to make the balls larger so not a choking hazard [ohh err missus] and enforcing the use of safety goggles

Remember these fellas

63261569735241977_XLjY6Omr_b.jpg

Lol I remember nearly all of these toys and still have the complete collection of Thundercats somewhere, along with the Movie (stolen from my older brother, naturally ;) )

Lego is definately what dominates childhood toys memories. But (as most male kids around me) I had HeMan, Transformers, M.A.S.K and Dino Riders, I even had a StarCom ship (but no one else had Starcom toys as they weren't available). The Mask vehicles usually did not last very long, as I always disassembled them to find out how they work, but did a poor job putting them back together (there were always some screws left).

@thatgui: I mostly played with boys toys and the occasional girls toys like..dare I say it..Barbie..and Cabbage Patch kids.

Lego is awesome. I might get some lego and build something decent lol.

I remember Dino Riders, but disliked Transformers.

Anyone a fan of Play-Doh? Aaaand who remembers Biker Mice From Mars action figures? Ooo and TMNT figures!

Anyone a fan of Play-Doh?
I remember it from waaaaaaay back - it's the smell that stays with you. I can imagine the smell right now, one of those odours that transports you back to creches and playrooms, or whatever variant of pre-school you had. I've no idea how kids resist eating the stuff and having fluorescent poop.

I renember that my mother comes someday in my childhood and gave me a He-Man Fighter named Moosman.

He was green and smelled strange.

This one was the First one i got from the He-Man Series.

That and the old Batmobil where my first best Toys ;)

Back