Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape

• Opera

• Other

• Total voters

Well i prefer opera coz its much faster for my 56k because of how it relies on the cache, firefox is good but im impatient when it comes to laoding times, but i may switch to firefox if i experience ne probs with opera tho!!!

Squidge: FYI, you can delete the mail client's dll from pre-7.5 Operas (m2.dll in its folder), and the mail and IRC clients are dynamically loaded upon request in 7.5, so that's not really an issue.

Is there anyway to pause downloads with Firefox and close firefox? My downloads froze so I paused them all and I can only close Firefox browser and leave the download manager open or vice versa.

GPJosh posted on Apr 27 2004 at 05:12 PM said:
Whats firefox? WHy is better than IE?

Tabbed browsing, no viruses effect it that would effect IE, good open source community (Can request things and they actually listen), skins, etc. B)
SlimBrowser is built on the IE kernel and uses tabbed browsing. It has built-in pop-up blocker. I haven't gotten hit with viruses from it. They regularly update the software. Since I started using it some 2-3 months ago, I've seen an update an average of every 3 weeks. I prefer to stick to something IE because of it's higher compatibility with webpages. Is there anything wrong with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back