Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BWF89

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
We had a poll to see which OS you used, so why not one for what office suite you use?

I use OpenOffice 2.0.

I use OpenOffice 2.0, would prefer Abiword because of speed for text though (problem is that it can't save as .doc afaik).

Openoffice must scare the pants of Microsoft. Although I do think this poll is twisted.

I have WordPerfect Office but I don't use it since I got a copy of Windows Office 2K from my brother's friend's father...(good to have connections :D )

Although I do think this poll is twisted.
Why is that?

Judging by the number of people who voted ooffice already. It seems unusually high. Much like the OS poll. I think people who care about open/free software care about the software they use much more. That and the fact Linux is already prevalent on this forum, it makes sence ooffice is much higher statistically than perhaps it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use OpenOffice. I like that KOffice is fairly light all around but it doesn't seem as intuitive and it's support for MS-formats is not so great, so I use O:-||.

I wish GoBe Productive had been GPLed like it was supposed to, though. From the way the BeOS types rave about it, you'd think it was the second coming. I'd be kind of curious to try it out in an updated form.

Open office do's evrything at leastas good as ms office, so its prety much perfeckt, i even know some companys that switched to it.
As long as you arent going to do very specifik things its doing its job damn good.

Fot those that still use msoffice, try openoffice 2.0, and get free from ms :)
As office is the biggest profit bringer for ms it can seriously harm them, and so help evryone.

I voted Microsoft Works but it's actually Microsoft Works Suit which has Word instead of the normal Works word processor and all of the extra bloat like Encarta, AutoRoute etc etc...

MS Office and OpenOffice have pretty much the same capibilities. But even if one was drastically superiour to the other it wouldn't make a difference because the average user doesn't use the full potential in either product.

I mainly use OOo. I like TextMaker, but I stick to OOo. I do have MS Office XP loaded on Linux by using the Crossover Office program. But I hardly ever use it. <_<

At work i have no choice MS office..

...at home i don't even have any office application installed... nearest thing to a word processor I have on my machine is notepad! :D

I use OOo at home, even with the lil' quirks it's fine for all I need

I use M$ at work. And I dislike it. It tries very hard to be helpful, so hard that it starts to treat you like a child.

Every option is layed bare and accessible in OOo, you have to dig a bit to find them in M$
Its as if they don't want you to be rooting around down there

Back