What Os Do You Use?

I'm gonna try to make the list small, not entering into much details

• Windows XP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Vista

• Linux (some famous distro like ubuntu)

• Linux (some less-famous/obscure distro)

• Mac OS X

• Some other (please specify!)

• Total voters

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Website
robertocr.com
just curious. :huh:
I use vista 64 as my main computer OS (I use it most of the time as a personal choice, that's why I voted for it)...
I've used ubuntu for my college project this semester, but I really don't think it's ready for a broad adoption (while I do support linux as a server OS)

what do you guys use the most, why, etc?

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
just curious. :huh:
I use vista 64 as my main computer OS (I use it most of the time as a personal choice, that's why I voted for it)...
I've used ubuntu for my college project this semester, but I really don't think it's ready for a broad adoption (while I do support linux as a server OS)

what do you guys use the most, why, etc?
On my new laptop I use Vista, on the old XP. I'm too lazy for the process of installing XP on my new notebook, because it isn't officially supported and I'd have to search for drivers myself. I'm a gamer and otherwise use my notebook for work. Linux is no option, because it's enough that it works as it does and gets replaced once in a while, anyway. When I was younger, it was fun to fiddle with the system, but now it just annoys me. Pandora will bring back the old days, having fun tinkering with the OS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use various flavours of Linux depending on my mood and needs. Ubuntu is quick and easy, I use Arch when I need more control. I have used many other distros but those are my two favourites. I very much think that Linux is ready for broad adoption, but I guess I'm biased. I gave up on windows almost 9 years ago and on the few occasions I have used it since then I've found it completely unusable.

As you can see in my sig, I mainly use an iMac. Great machine, my favourite feature of OS X is exposé, so useful!

My laptop (Toshiba Portege M200) runs Winblows XP Tablet Edition SP3 (unfortunately).
I was planning on upgrading it to xubuntu but haven't had the time to do an install... Too busy emulating N64 :lol:

And finally, my phone (iMate JAM) runs WM2003. I don't really have a choice there, but with a few hacks and 3rd party programs it now has more functionality :D

My new gaming PC has Vista
My work PC has XP
My comfortable home workhorse PC dual-boots W98(SE!) & XP. It had Linux on it somewhere, but Grub got overwritten .. and I ain't bothered resurrecting it :p coz what I got works.

And I'm still waiting for AROS ;)

XP64 on my desktop (Athlon 4000+, 4Gb), and Windows 2000 on my aged laptop (Thinkpad @ 600Mhz!)

mali said:
TaG said:
mali said:
Pandora will bring back the old fiddle-fun-feeling :)

:blink:

[off topic]
:lol: Please help if I'm talking BS. I mean have fun with optimizing the system. Should I use other words?
[/off topic]

Probably.
Not an expression used in English. Or at least, not one that I've heard.

On Topic: I use Ubuntu and OS X equally, I voted for Linux because that's what I happen to be using now :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Linux, because I imagine that is what I'll be using for Pandora development, but I use Windows XP, Vista and Ubuntu 8.10 all pretty much equally (probably Vista the least).

I use gentoo linux 100% (with wine for some apps like Flash 8) both at home and office, and so I voted "famous" linux distro above

I use Kubuntu on my main box, and Puppy Linux on an ancient laptop that I got for £35 a few months ago. I keep meaning to test out SliTaz on the latter, also. :p

(EDIT: I find these sorts of polls interesting, myself. Well, at least when they don't end up catching on fire, at least. :lol: )

I use Ubuntu, and have been for the last year or so. Using windows on the odd occasions that I have is completely infuriating, mega slow boot time, mega slow everything come to think of it. My guess is that more and more people will adopt Linux, Open source overall will become more popular and Bill Gates will have to get a part time job.

im a win xp mce 05 user,much beter than xpsp2- i also started using ubuntu,pretty impressive os but no where near windows for a full experience and yeh people will argue with that but these are the people
that have some weird hangup with microsoft in general.

btw,all my xp preinstalls are faster than ubuntu no matter what the machine in use
so i would say no linux isnt faster unless its bare bones.

Back