• Linux/Unix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
This is a poll on what operating system you use the most on your computer.
It is *not* a poll on what you think is better.
If it isnt on the list, just type it in as a reply.

BTW - I just wanted to get a general idea of how many people use what os.

windows ME for my sins, i wish I had my own computer, stupid parents won't trust me! It only happened once, and i did reinstall the CD-ROM a couple of hours later

XP is the best windows out, 2000 comes second, the rest are dirty piles of crap.

When I get more HDD space, I'll probably do a dual boot with linux, I cant use linux as my primary OS because of the type of work I do (multimedia design), linux has fruck all tools for that kind of stuff at the moment.

I do, however, want to grow familiar with linux. I love open source, and I beleive that the future of computing will be a open source world.

I prefer 2000 personally, better benchmarks in games and compatibility in older stuff.

XP i do like some of its nice bits and bobs, thats what i use here at work, 2000 at home :p

I looooooove linux, but since I can't get the i-net to work on it, I use dumb Windozer eXtra sleePy the most and voted that. I think that the more modafiable the better with technology stuff :)

Voted 2K/XP since those are on my primary machine...

I also use 98 (for when 2K goes belly up) and Linux (for when I'm feeling like tinkering, experimenting with compiling something - which I frequently do extremely badly - and for fixing stuff when the entirety of Windows has gone belly up).

And 98 on my net machine, since I haven't got dad to upgrade yet. He thinks Nuts and Bolts won't work. He's right, of course, but there's lots of stuff you can use to do the same job. Also concerned about the inability to go into DOS mode in 2K without a lot of fiddling (or at least, a 98 startup disk :) )

Tobriand posted on May 22 2003 said:
Voted 2K/XP since those are on my primary machine...

I also use 98 (for when 2K goes belly up) and Linux (for when I'm feeling like tinkering, experimenting with compiling something - which I frequently do extremely badly - and for fixing stuff when the entirety of Windows has gone belly up).

And 98 on my net machine, since I haven't got dad to upgrade yet. He thinks Nuts and Bolts won't work. He's right, of course, but there's lots of stuff you can use to do the same job. Also concerned about the inability to go into DOS mode in 2K without a lot of fiddling (or at least, a 98 startup disk :) )
2K stops working and '98 still wroks???? 98 is sooooo unstable and XP/2000 are pretty stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back