What a great start - prepare for the next level!

I do get your point. You may go back a few pages and discover, that I admitted it being ok, if it's commonly used.
But your view is not the only thinkable one, is it. Plus, are you aware, that you are not talking grammatics?
[doublepost=1462910773,1462910623][/doublepost]
Approximately same size as original Game Boy, minus 1 cm along it's longest dimension.
You mean its diagonal?

here are the italian translated text of presskit.

Sorry just updated with some minor fixes...

Thanks
[doublepost=1462917815,1462915295][/doublepost]and added the tanslated license.txt

Attachments

• IT-Info_Generali.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IT-Informazioni.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IT-Specifiche_Tecniche.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Licenza.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 244
Can't you use dimensions to find the area or volume of something? I really suck at mathematics, however I thought that was what they taught me.

Yes, multiply the dimensions in cm together to get a volume of a containing box in cm3/cc/ml.

As far as I can tell these last few pages have just been about ED omitting to repeat the cm unit multiple times; that's quite a common notation in engineering circles, I guess, because everything in those circles has a unit except for the mechanical moduli, it's just not so common in physics because different formula give you output in different units, and if you're not paying attention you might get a result in Nm per second per second when you expected one in mms^-2.

And then the typographers jumped in and pointed out that x a letter glyph and not the multiplication sign, but apart from a little vertical alignment it's pretty much identical to my eye. 7 bit ASCII FTW!

@EvilDragon How about the SD card slot performance? As there are people discussing on these slots and concerning whether they are convert from "USB" port.

They are not converted from USB, they are all real MMC interfaces.
[doublepost=1462933054,1462933032][/doublepost]
here are the italian translated text of presskit.

Sorry just updated with some minor fixes...

Thanks
[doublepost=1462917815,1462915295][/doublepost]and added the tanslated license.txt

Thanks, added :)

So, for those of us that were given a discount code after the Pandora troubles from the UK, never recieving our Pandora, and opted to wait for Pyra. Will there be a process for us to use our credit on the pre-order?

I would like to pre-order but have not recieved a response to my emails with the above question.

As the grammar police have has infiltrated this board(,) I must withdraw.
ftfy ;)

sheriff.png

No Klumpen, the English and their relatives are strange like that. In their heads they substitute terms or things like family, firms, police etc. with the individuals that belong to it and then decide the proper grammatical number based on that. Weirdos. :)

So, for those of us that were given a discount code after the Pandora troubles from the UK, never recieving our Pandora, and opted to wait for Pyra. Will there be a process for us to use our credit on the pre-order?

I would like to pre-order but have not recieved a response to my emails with the above question.

I believe this is mentioned near the end of the Preorder FAQ page here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/preorder/

Seems like the sales are coming to a halt now, in a beautiful but sad y=sqrt(x) manner :
http://p.rdw.se/pyra-preorder.html

sqrt(x) is unbounded (so we'd always be getting more preorders), but doesn't really fit the graph. i also tried log(1+x) but that didn't really fit it either. it's something like the log of a log, but i don't have access to the raw data so i don't know. (also why would i care?? what did grad school do to me???)

So, for those of us that were given a discount code after the Pandora troubles from the UK, never rec[ei]ving our Pandora, and opted to wait for Pyra. Will there be a process for us to use our credit on the pre-order?

you can't use any pandora credits on the preorder, as that wouldn't allow ED enough funds to start the production. but you can use it later, when there are Pyras in stock.
(while the grammar pirates are in, i'll do some spell checking)

from the official preorder faq:
Q: I still didn't receive my Pandora preorder and heard I can get it for production cost price! How does that work?
A: Don't worry, we'll keep our promise and will send you a voucher code eventually. However, we cannot afford that right from the start - we need to get at least 1500 preorders first before we can send these vouchers out.
You can then use the voucher any time, you can also wait until the Pyra is available from stock!

@EvilDragon
I am curious on the preorders for previous Pandora preorder crowd. I do not posses one so I'm pretty neutral.

I understand the logic in not being able to allow them to use their Pandora CIX voucher for creating a pre-order entry as that would not generate the funds needed to buy components to manufacture them.

Why not turn that on it's head though? Allow them to pre-order at the same rate as everyone else so materials are covered then use their voucher to cover the 2nd payment to finish the order for delivery?

I.e. their vouchers are for getting a Pyra at a highly discounted rate (more or less no profit), but it definitely needs to cover production costs. Could that voucher not be applied on the second stage of this 2 stage purchase process without impacting the funds required for materials and production?

At this point there are enough orders that production is going to happen, right? So could those theoretically 'ride along' if they cover the production costs up front (normal pre-order) then use the voucher on the back end?

Just a thought.

I can't say if that is a good idea or not, although it seems like something that could help those people out and possibly bring them back into the community.

@EvilDragon
I am curious on the preorders for previous Pandora preorder crowd. I do not posses one so I'm pretty neutral.

I understand the logic in not being able to allow them to use their Pandora CIX voucher for creating a pre-order entry as that would not generate the funds needed to buy components to manufacture them.

Why not turn that on it's head though? Allow them to pre-order at the same rate as everyone else so materials are covered then use their voucher to cover the 2nd payment to finish the order for delivery?

I.e. their vouchers are for getting a Pyra at a highly discounted rate (more or less no profit), but it definitely needs to cover production costs. Could that voucher not be applied on the second stage of this 2 stage purchase process without impacting the funds required for materials and production?

At this point there are enough orders that production is going to happen, right? So could those theoretically 'ride along' if they cover the production costs up front (normal pre-order) then use the voucher on the back end?

Just a thought.
Yes, I actually had the same idea today, sounds like a good idea. Will think that through.

Back