What a great start - prepare for the next level!

A quarter of a million euro is what an engineer would be able to save in 5 years in a free-market society. The wealth would be stupendous.

OMG!! It's over 600...

Dang. It just doesn't work this way.... Order up everyone, only 8400 to go :)

Over 600 !

In other words, to stay with the Ancient Greek theme: the number of future Pyrates is now more than

maxresdefault.jpg

plus

p163191_p_v7_aa1.jpg

@spud42 Ok, i'll bite. What is the difference?
It's a grammatical device, not a mathematical device, so the expression needs to be evaluated in a grammatical context, not a mathematical one. :) I recently pointed out a grammatical error (in a language forum, so it was on topic and appropriate to do so) in a stated mathematical expression. One person entirely missed my point because they were only seeing the mathematical expression itself, which was correct, and failed to evaluate the way in which it was stated, which was not correct.

-Neelix

@Neelix I can talk about our green sun in a grammatically correct manner. Doesn't make the sun green, though.

True, but the point is that when discussing the grammatical correctness of the statement, the actual colour of the sun is irrelevant.
Someone pointed out your grammar was incorrect. Your response was was a mathematical proof, that ignored the fact that the expression itself wasn't actually a single mathematical expression but 3 mathematical expressions joined in a grammatical construct to communicate the 3 different dimensions of the object.

-Neelix

@Neelix I can talk about our green sun in a grammatically correct manner. Doesn't make the sun green, though.
If you define "green energy" as energy that that can be harnessed with little pollution on earth. Then the sun is very green.
However, if you find X-rays "pollution", and with the dwindling ozone, this "green" light is gonna cost us...

3 mathematical expressions joined in a grammatical construct to communicate the 3 different dimensions of the object.-Neelix

I don't mean to nitpick, guys. but x is the glyph for Latin script lowercase letter X. To be typographically correct, you should use the multiply symbol or dimension sign: ×

M'kay, since I'm slow like that, what is the grammatically correct way to express cm³?

I don't mean to nitpick, guys. but x is the glyph for Latin script lowercase letter X. To be typographically correct, you should use the multiply symbol or dimension sign: ×
I forgot if it will be on the Pyra keyboard, and I don't have a picture handy. I know we get some other characters that may be of use for certain things. Is this one of them?

While we're on the topic, is using * for multiplication correct? My calculator displays that. It could be confusing with the background of some people here, and so many Linux users.

I forgot if it will be on the Pyra keyboard, and I don't have a picture handy. I know we get some other characters that may be of use for certain things. Is this one of them?

While we're on the topic, is using * for multiplication correct? My calculator displays that. It could be confusing with the background of some people here, and so many Linux users.
You can use "ß", if you so wish. Just declare it first. But that's the mathematical side, which nobody's interested in. ;P

Dimensions:
  • Width = 139 mm
  • Height = 87 mm
  • Depth = 32 mm
OR

Dimensions: 139 mm (W) × 87mm (H) × 32 mm (D)

OR

Approximately same size as original Game Boy, minus 1 cm along it's longest dimension.

Back