What a great start - prepare for the next level!

My bank hasn't played well with my wire transfer :mad: I hope I can get my payment for my preorder sent soon.

Yes, I actually had the same idea today, sounds like a good idea. Will think that through.
Any chance of the icp2 backers with vouchers at links availing of this scheme? However currently Iv'e pre-ordered a pyra regardless, as I want one. I figure I would sell the later pyra I'd receive from link whenever that might be.

@EvilDragon How about the SD card slot performance? As there are people discussing on these slots and concerning whether they are convert from "USB" port.
Where are these discussions? If they have specific questions I'm sure someone would be happy to answer them directly. Or they can continue discussing amongst themselves, which is also fun.

Ah, good good. Well, if there are anymore questions, you know where to find us :)

Ah, good good. Well, if there are anymore questions, you know where to find us :)
I'm thinking about the possibility of create multilingual wiki (i.e. Chinese) and Pyra website, as there are many geeks in China, who are keen on Linux and open software / hardware. However, due to language difficulties they are lack of information on Pyra, as well as other things.
A multilingual wiki and website could help them easier to know Pyra.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about the possibility of create multilingual wiki (i.e. Chinese) and Pyra website, as there are many geeks in China, who are keen on Linux and open software / hardware. However, due to language difficulties they are lack of information on Pyra, as well as other things.
A multilingual wiki and website could help them easier to know Pyra.
I may be wrong, but I can't think of any reason why you can't make language specific pages with translations on the official wiki. I don't know who is "in charge" of the wiki, but maybe they will give their blessing.

Also, the boards are open to any language. If you look around you will see posts in a variety of languages, including a couple in constructed ones, although most posts and threads are in English. They are free too join and post here if they want. I'm not sure if there are any major problems with the board software that may be a problem. It might be a quicker way to get answers to questions, in case you aren't here but someone else who can translate is.

I think direct involvement might make the Pyra and the community better for everyone, so bring em on over. :)

yeah try the official wiki first, if it's not too much of a pain:
https://www.pyra-handheld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
you can try to make your own pages, in Chinese, and maybe link the Chinese Main page from the English Main page...
I've tried but not sure how to add Chinese pages, I would prefer the wikipedia way, which has a function to support multi-language. The the users can just click different language, the page language changed but still stay on the same item/page.

Any chance of the icp2 backers with vouchers at links availing of this scheme? However currently Iv'e pre-ordered a pyra regardless, as I want one. I figure I would sell the later pyra I'd receive from link whenever that might be.

I would be interested in that, too. I was an iCP2 backer and opted for the Pyra discount, as well. Now that the preorders opened, I contacted Link about whether I could use my iCP2 store credit in some way and he was very clear that no, not even for (part of) the second payment.

In my case, this has held me back from preordering.

I would gladly preorder now and pay the full preorder price of € 400, if I knew that I will later be able to use my iCP2/Pyra voucher* towards the remainder, i.e. to pay part of the difference between preorder price and full final price of my Pyra.

Then @EvilDragon would get the full amount from my preorder now and I would have a spot on the list of preorders. As it is, though, I'm simply not preordering... sounds like the worse option.

Alternatively, one can of course buy gift vouchers from ED's shop and then wait until the Pyra is in stock. I'm considering this, also, but would prefer a preorder for obvious reasons.

*: I think it's actually just store credit, albeit at Link's store Ithic.com, not at DragonBox.de, which is an additional complication.

This is being covered in the Preorder FAQ:

Q: I was a backer of the iCP2 and heard I will get a voucher I can use for the Pyra?
A: That's a bit complex. We want and WILL work out a solution for you as well, however, I need to check back with Link (the one who handled the iCP2 campaign) how we'll handle this.
You will probably receive a voucher before the final payment is due, so you will then have to pay less than the full price.
If that doesn't work out, you will probably receive a payment back when enough units have been sold. But Link intends to keep his promise and I intend to help him with that!

Links plan is to sell Pyras and give the iCP2 backers a discount, thus lowering the profit he makes.
However, right now, all preorders are going through me directly (we can't afford it, we need as much profit as possible to keep going).

The plan is that after the preordering is over, we'll try to slowly build up stock and have different distributors selling the units.
In worst case, you can get the Pyra from him then and use the voucher.

I am planning to get help from Link to ship all the US orders though (saves a huge amount of shipping costs), so maybe we can work some way with the iCP2 vouchers for the preorders as well.
That would happen with the final order though, not with the preorder (as the downpayment is urgently needed to start the mass production).

Back