Welcome to the updated site!

Eh? That is weird. Why should a VPN trigger that?
The forums shouldn't even notice you're using a VPN.

I have no idea. I just know that I can browse, but as soon as I attempt to post anything (using NordVPN and a UK-based server), it just times out. The problem disappears when I disconnect. Odd...

Maybe NordVPN is slower when uploading stuff?

General remark: The site works for me, it does feel a bit more busy/crowded then the previous one.

On the old boards* it seems to have been 'font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;' while now it is "font-family: 'Segoe UI','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Roboto,Oxygen,Ubuntu,Cantarell,'Fira Sans','Droid Sans',sans-serif".
You probably don't have Segoe UI installed on a Linux machine, that's why it looks the same as before there. The difference is subtle, which makes it seem weird, I suppose.

Okay, changed the font back to what we had. I can't test it though - but does it look better now?

Anyway, not worth investigating if it's just me. It's not that big of a deal :)

I've got a NordVPN account myself, so I can do a test with that tonight.

changing to pyra simple has made the fonts darker and slightly larger. much easier to read. thanks for the suggestion to whomever it was...

Reactions: rSl
Dit someone allready tryd the Forum whit a Browser of the Pandora??
I was yesterday because my Mouse Issue that solves itself whit the Pandora in WLAN and tryd to Open the Board in Firefox, but it was too slow even to tipe in the URL, mybe i should use a smaler Browser

I tried a XenForo 2 board before I upgraded with the Pandora, and it worked well.
You might want to switch to one of the simple themes on the Pandora though :)

Dit someone allready tryd the Forum whit a Browser of the Pandora??
I was yesterday because my Mouse Issue that solves itself whit the Pandora in WLAN and tryd to Open the Board in Firefox, but it was too slow even to tipe in the URL, mybe i should use a smaler Browser
Try Netsurf. I quickly tried yesterday (not logged in) and it was working mostly ok. The Avatar was a big band on top of each answer, but maybe changing theme can help.

It's not bad using Pale Moon, it's a little sluggish compared to netsurf, but that is guaranteed. Only thing I notice is a little squishing of the login button, but once logged in the menus look fine.

Reactions: rSl
Don’t want to make to many trouble,
The most of the time I’m using my IPhone but it was just a thought I had when I had Mouse and Keyboard hocked up..

I think I will use my Pyra lot more for this because Iluminatet Keyboard

Is it possible to put "Stay logged in" disabled by default as in the old version ?

Okay, changed the font back to what we had. I can't test it though - but does it look better now?
I didn't mind it either way, but it looks very close to as it was before, yeah.
When you do a side-by-side comparison you can see still see minimal differences in rendering, especially some text being slightly wider for some reason... but let's not get hung up by that, really.
Wouldn't be able to pinpoint the culprit for that either. Doesn't seem to be directly tied to a font property. Maybe a transform messing with the rendering... but I didn't notice that unless comparing directly.
Let's go with yes.

The look of the forums. If there are different font sizes I want to take a look.

Forum sections that I close ( like German forums ) is not remembered, on every login all the forum sections are open again.

The look of the forums. If there are different font sizes I want to take a look.
Go to your account (click on your username in the title bar) go to the preferences section in the left hand list and it should be the first option in the right. There are only two slightly different sizes, FYI; the simple ones have the larger. Personally I'm happy with squeezing slightly more text on the screen in my old favourite GP32X view, especially when the bar becomes a banner across the top of screen. I can deal with losing about 25 pixels just fine but any more pushes my buttons slightly.

Forum sections that I close ( like German forums ) is not remembered, on every login all the forum sections are open again.
I can confirm this I think. I'm pretty sure I ignored at least one of the german forums, but now that I go back to it it's showing it fully, and giving me the option to ignore it again, rather than showing only the option to unignore it, as it had been yesterday when I did all my ignoring. It's only that nobody's posted in the german forums today that means they haven't intruded into my new posts view.

Back