Welcome to the updated site!

Closing the forums is not ignoring them. The old boards needed an addon to remember this, I need to check if that exists as well.
We HAVE a forum ignore function now (then it also hides them from New Posts, etc.) but right now, you need to do that for every single section manually. I've already let the author know and asked him, whether it would be possible to add categories to the ignore function, but I don't have a reply yet.

Go to your account (click on your username in the title bar) go to the preferences section in the left hand list and it should be the first option in the right. There are only two slightly different sizes, FYI; the simple ones have the larger. Personally I'm happy with squeezing slightly more text on the screen in my old favourite GP32X view, especially when the bar becomes a banner across the top of screen. I can deal with losing about 25 pixels just fine but any more pushes my buttons slightly.

Or just scroll down all the way to the bottom of the site. On the bottom left you can choose a theme :D

If I keep the forum open for a while, it refreshes to give me "oops we run into some problems", after this when I manually go back to forums, all the previously closed section (like German boards) of forum are expanded again.

Can this be removed?
1571241119500.png

If I keep the forum open for a while, it refreshes to give me "oops we run into some problems", after this when I manually go back to forums, all the previously closed section (like German boards) of forum are expanded again.

When you say 'closed' do you mean 'ignored'. Not that you merely closed the tab with them in.

@comradekingu Just disable javascript. They don't appear for me.

Well, if you're talking about the buttons I use they're labelled 'ignore'. If you're not using those, I don't think it's clear as to what you are referring. I certainly don't know.

image.jpg

I am referring to icon on right upper corner used to collapse this forum section.

View attachment 35410

I am referring to icon on right upper corner used to collapse this forum section.

There is no ignore function for the entire category, ED asked to the forum devs if they could add it, for now you'll have to enter every single thread and click "ignore forum" (example go to "Pandora - Allgemeines" and you'll see that button)

Anyway, the collapse function should be saved too

I can confirm this I think. I'm pretty sure I ignored at least one of the german forums, but now that I go back to it it's showing it fully, and giving me the option to ignore it again, rather than showing only the option to unignore it, as it had been yesterday when I did all my ignoring. It's only that nobody's posted in the german forums today that means they haven't intruded into my new posts view.

I think I may have mistaken Pandora->Allgemeines and Pyra->Allgemeines here. I think actually it is remembering the forums I have ignored. it's not remembering if I'd collapsed any threads, but for me that's not a problem as I can't collapse threads without enabling javascript.

First: I usualy hate changes of any kind. :oops:
Second: but it seems that the new forum looks almost like the old one and also seems to work. Thats good I guess.
Third: does it have a dark mode? Just asking because everyone seems to make bright websites only these days. My eyes can't stand this so I have to use dark mode plugin for my browser, which works but does not always look as good as real dark modes for websites.

FWIW, inline urls (like this one) appear in the same colour as normal text in the GP32X Classic style. They appear pyra red in the pyra theme, but using the GP32X classic theme, they don't show up as well. The font might be subtly different, but they're certainly hard to pick out especially if you're not expecting them.

Edit: And they're a kind of dark bluey grey using either of the Pandora settings, which are a little hard to pick out, but at least they have a separate defined colour.

Last edited:
Ignoring is not the same as collapsing :)
You can ignore threads and full forums right now, just not full categories (which is what we would need)

But I will look into remembering the collapsed boards.

I'll also check the wrong colors you mentioned.

About a dark theme: I can create one once the rest of the boards are finished :)

About a dark theme: I can create one once the rest of the boards are finished :)
I'd love a dark them. I hope it's quick to create. A readily available free one would be fine. Though, I have no idea, if there are such things. ?

Back