Welcome to the updated site!

I can react in various emotions and not just likes, so this is new...
Not without javascript I can't, But to be honest, I'm fine with just likes.

In general, without javascript, the layout it much cleaner now, so that's an improvement. I can now see how many likes I've been alerted to as it no longer gets covered up by the menu bar, which is nice.

Not without javascript I can't, But to be honest, I'm fine with just likes.
Had a feeling that was the case, curious how this new page behaves on my Amiga setup as both iBrowse and 68k Netsurf lack javascript, will have to try it when I get home. I'm Pretty sure iBrowse Lacks CSS too...

thanks ed!
all smooth here. love the new like-functions! ;)
awesome that forum.gp2x.de is integrated now. will give that "new" section some much deserved love too!
and the gp32x theme rocks.

Had a feeling that was the case, curious how this new page behaves on my Amiga setup as both iBrowse and 68k Netsurf lack javascript, will have to try it when I get home. I'm Pretty sure iBrowse Lacks CSS too...

Without CSS additionally, it still all looks navigable to me. Lots more scrolling of course, although now I come to reply I've got two reply boxes containing your quoted message. I'm typing this in the right hand of the two boxes (may come below on lower resolution screens, I guess), so I'll see what happens now.

I'll say it: The new like system is messy and useless. If it's possible to easily reduce it back to just a like/thanks, I'd recommend doing so.
It incorporating the emoji designs I hate probably adds a lot to my opinion but even if you'd replace these graphics it's still pretty messy. You can't even tell how it was "liked" on the first glance. 2 "love" and 10 "angry" are still just 12 "likes" with both symbols on the bottom of the post, unless you click to reveal the list.
A simple like to prevent "+1" posts has its use. I really dunno about anything further than that.
What even is a "hate"-"like" anyways?

Considering this is the only thing I'm complaining about, the rest seems pretty sound so far.

You can mouseover the icon to revel what the emoji actually stands for, which is useful for old fogies like myself.

I was going to say you can't on a smartphone, but holding your finger on like gives options, and holding my finger eventually shows the name of the emoji.

Must admit I'm not a fan of emoji reactions in place of simple acknowledgements. Seems a little more "FaceBook"-like to my cynical eyes.

Seems like only 3 emoji are shown at the bottom of the comment, if there are others you'll have to click for the detailed view.

Hmm, that's seems to be the case. I found a setting that I thought changed the limit at which they turn into a click through, but I changed mine to 10 and my recently favourited thread post just shows 'EdenR, modport, Phlyra and 3 others'

Its good that we have an updated release of forum...but readability IMHO was better before, for me the font is a bit too tiny (maybe it's only for my eyes...i know i'm old...:)), what do you think guys?

Its good that we have an updated release of forum...but readability IMHO was better before, for me the font is a bit too tiny (maybe it's only for my eyes...i know i'm old...:)), what do you think guys?

Not sure why it should be....

screenshot.png

Left side is the old boards, right side the new ones. Size should be the same.

What's your DPI setting? I think the old forum used px while I've set pt in the new one.

I thought that at first. But now I think it's actually easier to read - like better contrast or something like that.
I'm glad, my mailbox doesn't look like yours.

5ac6d76521f11c2ccbf18e4903454540_scaredy-cat-clip-art-37-_750-918.jpeg

What a scare :)

Well, I am LIKE CATS, I don't like changes (cats don't like changes), but there is no option as change is done :)

Sometime I will be phobic with new interface-look until I get very used to it.

Old forums were so good, worked so well, and I don't know how much time it will take to get used to new look. But I will have to get used.

Last edited:
Not sure why it should be....
From what I can tell it's because the font selection has changed.
On the old boards* it seems to have been 'font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;' while now it is "font-family: 'Segoe UI','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Roboto,Oxygen,Ubuntu,Cantarell,'Fira Sans','Droid Sans',sans-serif".
You probably don't have Segoe UI installed on a Linux machine, that's why it looks the same as before there. The difference is subtle, which makes it seem weird, I suppose.

*judging from what I can gather from old.pyra-handheld.com, which doesn't actually include any posts

I'm not saying this needs to be changed, but it explains why it looks different.

Old forums were so good, worked so well, and I don't know how much time it will take to get used to new look. But I will have to get used.
Old forums were old and unpatched. Anything unpatched on the internet these days gets hacked sooner or later, so yes you will have to get used to this version.

One other thing I have noticed, and this isn't particular to the updated version, but I always need to disable VPN before I can post anything. Clearly it is to prevent spam, so I guess can't be helped. It's a minor irritation though.

From what I can tell it's because the font selection has changed.
On the old boards* it seems to have been 'font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;' while now it is "font-family: 'Segoe UI','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Roboto,Oxygen,Ubuntu,Cantarell,'Fira Sans','Droid Sans',sans-serif".
You probably don't have Segoe UI installed on a Linux machine, that's why it looks the same as before there. The difference is subtle, which makes it seem weird, I suppose.

Ahhh, thanks. I'll check that, it would be an easy fix.

One other thing I have noticed, and this isn't particular to the updated version, but I always need to disable VPN before I can post anything. Clearly it is to prevent spam, so I guess can't be helped. It's a minor irritation though.
Eh? That is weird. Why should a VPN trigger that?
The forums shouldn't even notice you're using a VPN.

Back