Welcome new and old members!

According to spec sheets, the PLS8 (which is the 4G module) doesn't offer HSDPA (which is the typical download for 3G), which the PHS8 (the 3G module) does.
I'll have a search through the spec sheet later to confirm, but the data sheet specifically mentions HSPA+ (which is a feature enhanced and backwards compatible HSDPA technology) as well the website gives a full list: http://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/cinterion-pls8-e-lte-4g-module/
Technologies EDGE,GPRS(Class 12),GSM,LTE,DC-HSPA,HSPA+,HSDPA,UMTS
edit: for some reason I can only get the PHS8 spec sheets direct from M2M, they don't want to give me the PLS8 for some reason, it's just not listed at all. I found a copy of the PLS8-E command sheet and it does list commands to detect if the connected cell tower is capable of HSDPA and mode switch commands to set that. Nothing in the command lists suggests that HSDPA will not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to spec sheets, the PLS8 (which is the 4G module) doesn't offer HSDPA (which is the typical download for 3G), which the PHS8 (the 3G module) does.
I'll have a search through the spec sheet later to confirm, but the data sheet specifically mentions HSPA+ (which is a feature enhanced and backwards compatible HSDPA technology) as well the website gives a full list: http://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/cinterion-pls8-e-lte-4g-module/
Technologies EDGE,GPRS(Class 12),GSM,LTE,DC-HSPA,HSPA+,HSDPA,UMTS

edit: for some reason I can only get the PHS8 spec sheets direct from M2M, they don't want to give me the PLS8 for some reason, it's just not listed at all. I found a copy of the PLS8-E command sheet and it does list commands to detect if the connected cell tower is capable of HSDPA and mode switch commands to set that. Nothing in the command lists suggests that HSDPA will not work.
Strange, the EDGE doesn't completely match up here. Link

What doesn't match up about it? Looks like the PLS8 is a strict super-set of the PHS8 to me.

I am. This would probably go faster if you'd just say what was different instead of playing "find Waldo"

I am. This would probably go faster if you'd just say what was different instead of playing "find Waldo"
I didn't think it would be that hard.

GENERAL FEATURES

>

PLS8-E:

Quad Band LTE: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz, FDD-Band (20,8,3,7)

Tri Band UMTS (WCDMA): 900/1800/2100 MHz,

FDD-Band (8,3,1)

Dual Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 900/1800 MHz
Link

Freq bands

GPRS/EDGE 1800/850 MHz

WCDMA 2100/1800/900 MHz

LTE 800/900/1800/2600 MHz
Link

I mean, it may be trivial, but it still strange.

OH!

I'm going to assume the website is a typo, got confused with the US sheet for a second or something. Europe doesn't use the 850 band for GSM, at least not prominently, that's more a North American frequency. 900Mhz is what it definitely should be, it uses the same GSM spec as the PHS8. But if they did make a such a mistake it's definitely worth following up to ask them to clarify and make sure there aren't any others.

I was looking for, like, differences in the classes, or technologies, or really anything substantial. Sorry, I was overthinking it.

OH!

I'm going to assume the website is a typo, got confused with the US sheet for a second or something. Europe doesn't use the 850 band for GSM, at least not prominently, that's more a North American frequency. 900Mhz is what it definitely should be, it uses the same GSM spec as the PHS8. But if they did make a such a mistake it's definitely worth following up to ask them to clarify and make sure there aren't any others.

I was looking for, like, differences in the classes, or technologies, or really anything substantial. Sorry, I was overthinking it.
I see. No problem. :D

If 4G doesn't come in the first Pyra then I'll have to wait... even longer. :lol:

I've been watching the logo discussion for quite a while. Since this is the only place for guests to post about Pyra, might I add this modified version of one of the logos for consideration? I think the horizontal break on the Y removes from the derogative connotation of the original. Sorry for posting this in a non logo discussion. i didnt wanna make an account just for one post xD

Pr9E91r.png

Looking forward to generated some friend, make good ideas,and buy the next generation device Pyra.

I am just a fan to all those kind of device.

Take a good care of me

Welcome! If you want people to take good care of you, you have to take good care of people first. "Ask not what this forum and Pyra can do for you, ask what you can do for this forum and Pyra."

Back