Flyer for FOSDEM

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently creating a flyer for the FOSDEM (or other usages as well), and I'm nearly finished with my design (will finish it tomorrow).

Here is my current version:

Flyer Inside
Flyer Outside

I've not yet finished the part about the Productivity (need to thing of a picture for that, any ideas?)

Please take a quick look and let me know what you think I should change / improve.

Any ideas are welcome :)

the screen-image on the front is a bit dark, make it a bit brighter/more contrast. the screenshot inside is much better.

hum... for the Productivity secton could a screenshot of PND-Manager be a good choice. With some relevant programms in installing-progress

on the other hand a third image of the pandorascreen could be an overloading... hum

For FOSDEM you might want to replace "Linux" with "GNU/Linux", since there might be some people there who are sensitive to that.

Maybe mention gcc.

In "productivity", graphics and music are best separated; in the bullet for graphics you can mention GIMP and MyPaint and the accurate touchscreen. In the bullet for music you could mention SunVox and audacity and the excellent audio capabilities of the Pandora.

I think the taskplanning and organizing is still not one of the great points on the Pandora.

You say:

"Do spreadsheet and word processing"

Better say:

"Do spreadsheet and word processing via Main OS

+ Full Office suite with Libre Office using PanDebian"

I would mention LO with PanDebian as it's usable while the main OS is running.

PanDebian uses about 5 MB of RAM when running, so no problem to have it running all the time.

LO is hell fast with good SD and Giga Pandora. If you want to I can give you some demonstration on Friday as I have it always on my second SD. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit strange to stick those Debian and Arch logos on there. Not like there is any (official) support for them.

If anything shouldn't there be mention of Ångström or at least an "Å" somewhere?

Otherwise: nice flyers. I'll help spread the word and show my unit around ;)

Awesome , if I had seen that back when I was first thinking about buying one it would have shaved 2 weeks off the time it took for my decision to ( finally !! ) buy one . Kill em dead at FOSDEM for me :) .

Nice flyer. Should change "and a many, many more" on the inside to just "and many, many more."

here comes the old nagging lady again:

Isn't "Full Speed Emulation of ... ... N64 and Nintendo DS" a little, let's say overexcited ?

In addition to what thatgui wrote:

- I'd place the os icon horizontally to their description

- Too. Much. Text. Or to big. At least that's how it appeals to me.

More note form points, that's too much sentences for a flyer imo

- "(no reboot required in that case)" --> "...without reboot"

- "Different Operating Sytsem have been ..." -> "Community maintained OS: A, B, C"

- "available" to many times when you could actually spare that word in every case

- "No special SDK needed..." --> "Compile via cross-toolchain or on the device itself"(something like that)

- "Fullspeed emulation of..." the way the devices emulated are mentioned pressed to each other has not that real boom effect.

...also I don't really like the font. Seems a little... unstylish to me.

But much fun on the FOSDEM, hope you can gather some interest in the pandora!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Here are some ideas, so we can finalize it :)

I've not yet finished the part about the Productivity (need to thing of a picture for that, any ideas?)
If all goes well, I may have an interesting screenshot for the Productivity section  :p
Let me know if I can expect something or need to find something else :)

I think the taskplanning and organizing is still not one of the great points on the Pandora.
Well, with Notecase Pro and other calendar apps, it's not that bad. Works better than on my Android phone ;)

Some people might not know it plays movies and music and that it features above average sound quality. Good for work and pleasure!
Question is: Where to put this?

Bit strange to stick those Debian and Arch logos on there. Not like there is any (official) support for them.

If anything shouldn't there be mention of Ångström or at least an "Å" somewhere?
Yes, want to put Angstrom there as well (or OE). Debian is free to use and I asked the ArchLinux guys and they're okay as well :)

here comes the old nagging lady again:

Isn't "Full Speed Emulation of ... ... N64 and Nintendo DS" a little, let's say overexcited ?
That's why I put the word "MANY" in front of Arcade, N64 and NDS. :)

In addition to what thatgui wrote:

- I'd place the os icon horizontally to their description

- Too. Much. Text. Or to big. At least that's how it appeals to me.

More note form points, that's too much sentences for a flyer imo

- "(no reboot required in that case)" --> "...without reboot"

- "Different Operating Sytsem have been ..." -> "Community maintained OS: A, B, C"

- "available" to many times when you could actually spare that word in every case

- "No special SDK needed..." --> "Compile via cross-toolchain or on the device itself"(something like that)

- "Fullspeed emulation of..." the way the devices emulated are mentioned pressed to each other has not that real boom effect.

...also I don't really like the font. Seems a little... unstylish to me.

But much fun on the FOSDEM, hope you can gather some interest in the pandora!
Thanks. I'll use the suggestions to shorten the sentences.

The font is not final, have just used the default one and not checked any other ones, will do that.

About emulation: Not much I can do, except for leaving some emulators out. However, I want to keep as many as possible in there, as everyone remembers a different favourite childhood system :)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Here are some ideas, so we can finalize it :)

If all goes well, I may have an interesting screenshot for the Productivity section  :p
Let me know if I can expect something or need to find something else :)
Well, it's still compiling, and I don't have any kind of ETA. It is compiling for more than a day, so probably tomorow I should be ready to make a screenshots, but I can't be sure (step 7 on 10, but step 7 is compiling for 20h)...

I noticed that too, thought it was turning into broccoli at first, then thought it might've been reflecting from the screen display but it does look hazy.

Also some green around the function, @ and ESC keys... that shopped effect or does the Pandora have green trim around some of the keys?

I'd like a green trim highlight

Back