Flyer for FOSDEM

Just awesome! Would you mind if I print out the finished version and put it up at my school? It's a IT school and lot's of gamers and Linux lovers go there. 
No need to do that. I'll create enough and will send some to everyone who knows geeky places where he could hand them out :)

Spread the word :D
I guess I could use some, if KTH Kista is a geeky enough place :)

inside flyer. "free games available" free as in gratis or free as in freedom?

And watching music, thats autism, not a pandora feature. :)

Maybe add "hardware" to the hacker section and "replacement parts available".

inside flyer. "free games available" free as in gratis or free as in freedom?

And watching music, thats autism, not a pandora feature. :)

Maybe add "hardware" to the hacker section and "replacement parts available".
Nobody writes "replacement parts available" on a promotional flyer. It makes the device seem unreliable.

Edit: where is the link to the final version?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's to late... Here are some Screenshots from my next PND...

130125-165609.png130125-165732.png130125-171842.png130125-172005.png130125-172107.png130125-172148.png

Reuploaded the final flyers today (finally).

The only thing I forgot because I simply was overworked was making the LCD brighter... but I don't think it's that bad.

It's being printed, so it won't be as noticeable than on the computer monitor, and at the FOSDEM, everyone can check out the LCD, and on YouTube Videos you can also clearly see that it's brighter.

Now, I ordered 1000 flyers and probably won't need more then 150 - 200 at the FOSDEM.

Of course, I'll include these with every order at the DragonBox shop as well, but there's another reason I ordered that many:

Many from the community probably are at universities or in some IT business where there might other people interested in the Pandora.

If anyone wants to help out and share the word, I'd be happy to send them some flyers :)

So anyone wanting to hand out flyers at their area: Do contact me :)

I can leave some laying around London universities, which I visit for work,

University College London

Queen Mary University London

Kings College London

occasionally I visit some further afield,

University of Bath

Cranfield University

Loughborough University

Great flyer ED :) Looks very sharp, has some good stuff in it  .. I'm late to game so not saying much, but.. nice :)

jeff

If you want to send me some flyers, I can put them on our campus at the lecturehalls and computercenters.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trouble with last minute changes...  errors in them can be overlooked  "No signation needed." :blink:

- Neelix
What's wrong with that?

You need to sign apps for iOS, etc., and the noun for that is signation...?

'signation' may be linguistically correct, but it's an extremely unusual turn of phrase.

Can't really think of anything better to replace it, though...

The trouble with last minute changes...  errors in them can be overlooked  "No signation needed." :blink:

- Neelix
What's wrong with that?

In German perhaps, but not in English it seems. My trusted Oxford Advanced Learner's doesn't even have an entry for signation. As far as I can google, signation has sometimes been used to mean the act of making a sign, but not making a signature.

I think 'No signatures needed' or 'No signing necessary' would be better.

"No code signing necessary" would be propably the most corrent (IMHO), but something like that on a Flyer seems a bit off to me...

- Neelix
What's wrong with that?

*looks it up on onelook.com*

Huh!  Learn something new every day...  

As Binky said though it's an extremely unusual turn of phrase.  The first dictionary I checked didn't have an entry for it, and  I didn't bother checking any others before posting. 

- Neelix

Even in german this would be an unusual word: Signierung

Back