We Have Cases Folks

Spirit said:
Vlynndar said:
Spirit said:
craig, if you are reading this.

What does "tracert gp32x.de" say (I guess you are on windows)?

You'll have better luck when you tweet that ;) :p
Haha, stupid mind blockage. I somehow thought he could not post but read. Don't ask me why... ¬_¬
Looks like it was a premonition, from Craigx's twitter:
gp32x still does not work. Gah. Tried all the usual stuff too. Having to use a proxy, but can't post.
29 minutes ago via web

Last edited by a moderator:
0%20(149).png

Mantis said:
Great news. I just hope it doesn't take more than two months for all of the next 3000 Pandoras to be assembled and sent off. Well, one can hope.

It's good news Craig has the first 1000 cases in hand. The other side of the coin is that realistically it will take much longer than two months to get the other 3000 into shipping boxes. If they finally begin next Wednesday and make 16 Pandoras a day at least than the minimal of 112/week(7 days per) will have the last in line first batcher receiving a shipped notice in early fall given an optimistic 500-700/month. These by their complexity won't be pumped out quick. Sorry. :(

rmm21 said:
Mantis said:
Great news. I just hope it doesn't take more than two months for all of the next 3000 Pandoras to be assembled and sent off. Well, one can hope.

It's good news Craig has the first 1000 cases in hand. The other side of the coin is that realistically it will take much longer than two months to get the other 3000 into shipping boxes. If they finally begin next Wednesday and make 16 Pandoras a day at least than the minimal of 112/week(7 days per) will have the last in line first batcher receiving a shipped notice in early fall given an optimistic 500-700/month. These by their complexity won't be pumped out quick. Sorry. :(

I doubt we only make 16 Pandoras a day.
With eight persons on the line, one Pandora will approximately take 8 minutes to assemble. Flashing them takes about as long, but you only need to switch them on and wait (so this can be done while the next ones are being assembled).

We will be slower at the beginning, but even if we need 15 minutes per Pandora and would be doing that 10 hours a day, we'd spit out 40 Pandoras each day (might be a few less or a few more, but it that's a lot more than 16).

So with 40 Pandoras a day, 400 will be ready after two weeks.
As soon as we're faster with assembling, we can probably go up to 80 a day, which means 800 units in two weeks.

Yes, that's quite some time, but as soon as we start, it keeps rolling :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
rmm21 said:
Mantis said:

With eight persons on the line, one Pandora will approximately take 8 minutes to assemble. Flashing them takes about as long, but you only need to switch them on and wait (so this can be done while the next ones are being assembled).

We will be slower at the beginning, but even if we need 15 minutes per Pandora and would be doing that 10 hours a day, we'd spit out 40 Pandoras each day (might be a few less or a few more, but it that's a lot more than 16).

As soon as we're faster with assembling, we can probably go up to 80 a day, which means 800 units in two weeks.

ED, how many boards do we have at the moment at Craig's (fixed and non-fixed). Do you have an idea about how many the company in Texas is producing per week and when the next delivery will be? I think we are forgetting about the boards with all the excitement about the cases...

Greetings

Will all 8 assemblers stay for let's say 2 months? And that's assuming the rest of the cases and boards keep coming without delays, no Katla, etc.

Even so, that still brings us awfully close to early fall as rmm21 speculated.

/me is mentally preparing himself for at least a 2 to 3 month wait...

not to say
the initial predictions were on 800 per week not month.

how it should be done

EvilDragon said:
rmm21 said:
Mantis said:

Wait are there going to be 8 people working on a single Pandora at a time. I always thought you would of worked simultaneously on assembling a Pandora each.

8 person on the line!

seeesh!.

and people complain about not understanding my posts.

Once the team gets going, they should be able to increase the assembly time greatly. I think the numbers Ed has given is a very conservative estimate. I'm sure he doesn't want to paint a picture that can't be met, but with good organization 100 a day should be no problem.

This is my opinion of course, so don't qoute the team for my personal thoughts. I'm just glad assembly is starting, and no more nonsense.

ALL IS GOOD! B)

Chris

jumpman said:
Once the team gets going, they should be able to increase the assembly time greatly. I think the numbers Ed has given is a very conservative estimate. I'm sure he doesn't want to paint a picture that can't be met, but with good organization 100 a day should be no problem.

This is my opinion of course, so don't qoute the team for my personal thoughts. I'm just glad assembly is starting, and no more nonsense.

ALL IS GOOD! B)

Chris

im sure they can even pack up even more in a day.

i've seen a team of 3 do 200 wii modchips installs a day.

EvilDragon said:
rmm21 said:
Mantis said:

Hmm... do you have a "Plan B" if you suddenly recieve 100000 Pandora orders? :lol:

and 1 day Rush option was available by mistake on the webpage.

Zotty said:
Will all 8 assemblers stay for let's say 2 months? And that's assuming the rest of the cases and boards keep coming without delays, no Katla, etc.

1 assembler completes a Pandora in 15 minutes => 1 assembler can complete 4 Pandoras per hour
8 assemblers * 4 Pandoras per assembler per hour * 10 hours per day = 320 Pandoras per day.
4000 Pandoras / 320 Pandoras per day = 12.5 days. Assuming a day or two off and slow downs because the assemblers aren't robots (except MWeston, of course), let's bump that to 20 days.
Unless ED really meant that 8 assemblers working on an assembly line only complete one Pandora every 15 minutes, but I don't believe that. That would mean each stage of the assembly line took 15 minutes, meaning it would take 2 hours for a single person to assemble a complete Pandora. 2 hours per person is quite ridiculous, even if it's the first time you've done it and you're just learning.

WizardStan said:
Zotty said:

1 assembler completes a Pandora in 15 minutes => 1 assembler can complete 4 Pandoras per hour
8 assemblers * 4 Pandoras per assembler per hour * 10 hours per day = 320 Pandoras per day.
4000 Pandoras / 320 Pandoras per day = 12.5 days. Assuming a day or two off and slow downs because the assemblers aren't robots (except MWeston, of course), let's bump that to 20 days.
Unless ED really meant that 8 assemblers working on an assembly line only complete one Pandora every 15 minutes, but I don't believe that. That would mean each stage of the assembly line took 15 minutes, meaning it would take 2 hours for a single person to assemble a complete Pandora. 2 hours per person is quite ridiculous, even if it's the first time you've done it and you're just learning.

you missed the point where ED was REALLY PESIMISTIC on this rough estimate.

"We will be slower at the beginning, but even if we need 15 minutes per Pandora"

and maybe it doesnt take all that time to do all assembly but the rest on testing and those other things that do take really more time.
but probably can be done offline

EvilDragon said:

i dont think this is quite right. if there is 8 people in the line and a pandora takes 8 minutes then each section is 1 minute in its completion (roughly). therefore whilst the other 7 people are covering the other 7 sections, 1 person could be assembling 7 of their section. essentially, if an assembler is doing their 1 minute section for 10 minutes they should have gone through 10 pandora (theoretical maximum). it will probably be more like 5-7 to allow for movement of parts from desk to desk and accuracy but i think we can really increase the number of pandora created a day quite dramatically this way.

i think thats right anyway....

+1 to the above.

maybe in the first 8 min you make 1 pandora.

but you actually have 1+(7/8)+(6/8)+(5/8)+(4/8)+(3/8)+(2/8)+(1/8) pandoras.

EDIT:

so we could say they can nearly produce 1 panda per minute (steady flow).

lets be negative and say they do 8 hours rounds and each panda takes 4 min.
so it makes 120 pandoras per day. and therefore 600 per week (5 day week). (and the lord kept 6th day for shipping, 7th day was rest).

so it makes it 6 weeks and roughly 4 days. (no extra delays expected)

lets all hope they like sea chanting.
TBBT

Back