Craigx Twitter Update Cases This Weekend!

offbow

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Here's some good news

Craigix
Finally, the cases ship at the weekend!
http://twitter.com/Craigix/status/5268516157

Here's his twitter
http://twitter.com/Craigix

Edit:i bit more info from the guys below and craigx
Theses case's are the final case's (black) if nothing is wrong with them and i believe there will be 105 of them.
Flash Gordon may be the post man and if these case's are good then the MASS PRODUCTION "will" begin.

Craigx quote
Yes if these test run cases are good then finally some Pandora consoles will ship.

So... What he means is "parts of case that have been molded so far are shipping to MWeston this weekend, not even a full case" and not "complete 4000 cases shipping this weekend" right?

this could implicate many things which I'm sure he will elaborate on in the coming days.
Great progress, things seem to be picking up.

rabidpoobear said:
So... What he means is "parts of case that have been molded so far are shipping to MWeston this weekend, not even a full case" and not "complete 4000 cases shipping this weekend" right?

from the Official Blog

2. Cases will ship sometime this week
According to the company which creates the moulds, the first samples of the cases should ship within this week (they didn’t say any exact date).
That does mean that they should arrive latest next week – and if everything is fine, it’s CASE MASS PRODUCTION time. Yeeeha!

so all that is being shipped is the samples of the cases (im guessing transparent ones)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope everything checks out with the test run. Cross your fingers :)

Next week should be exciting, maybe a video of a full and final mp everything pandora?

edit: well, not final if they are clear cases I guess... but still exciting

I don't think they're transparent. Didn't Craigix say that if these cases were good he was going to use them for customer units so that he could get a symbolic 1st Pandora out the door some time this month?

Edit : Obviously it's too late for "This month" but Craigix is always a bit optimistic. These are probably the units he was talking about.

craigix said:
Yes if these test run cases are good then finally some Pandora consoles will ship.

that is awesome news

Greath news, thats means there is no problem whit the moulds and there Works (its realy divicult to make such a case in mass, thats nothing like make sandcastles on the beach..) hope the postman is named "the Flash" not to mistake whit flash gordon :lol:

offbow said:
so all that is being shipped is the samples of the cases (im guessing transparent ones)
These are samples of what comes out of the mould. They finished the moulds, they setup the moulds, they squeeze some plastic into the moulds, make a few cases, send them over, and if there are no problems, MWeston says "GO" and then they make about 10'000 more. These samples are still made in the production way, so the word is they'll be used to ship the very first Pandora! Which means the first Pandora can be shipped as early as next week. And then there will be a Two Month (TM) delay before the next ones are ready to go :p
(Trust me, kittens are evil, and deserve what they got coming)

These should be final sample cases not test ones like the transparent ones. If there perfect they will probably be used as the first real Pandora's to be sent out
[edit] sigh.... virtual keyboard using a mouse got me well and truly ninja'd

#1 GameMaster said:
So if everything is good then all the Pandoras should ship out before Christmas right?

Christmass is a little too optimistic for all units to ship a certain proportion will ship, hopefully a shed load will ship - fingers crossed and no more tweaks needed

Bear in mind
Halloween - The states go crazy for a couple of days
Thanksgiving - Nov 4th to at least 5th another US holiday
Veterans Day - Nov 11th

If that was not bad enough

UK - Postal strikes and christmas

At least we will be okay for chinese holidays and all that

Yes, Wizardstan is right, these will be a small test run of real cases.

If they are okay we will make up a batch of Pandora consoles and send them out, probably to devs (so they have a free unit to reward them for their work) and for press reviews.

Then we will start building the rest. We are aiming to have a good supply going out by the end of November.

People in the Dallas area are welcome to come and help us build these as they come off the production line (as long as we get permission), it would speed things up.

Wow, could the adventure finally be over? :)

Damn, that's a tempting offer, I have relatives in the dallas area... ROAD TRIP!

Who else from the Midwest wants to throw down on a van rental?

So, press units are going to go out before we get ours?!? I mean, don't get me wrong, you can do whatever you want with your product. I would just think that it'd be nice for us users who paid and have waited over a year for these things to ship, would get them before the press. And what would be done with the press attention anyways? You said yourself that you would be waiting at least another few months before taking orders for the second batch.

Sorry, but I just don't see the logic there.

Why not send out review one at the end not the start?
Can think of a few reasons why and to be honest you don't need the publicity before you've even shipped.

Back