Wallpaper Wips

Monk

Caveman Ninja
OK, well, here we go. A thread to contain WIP images for wallpapers, starting with my own but not necessarily limited to my stuff. The hope is that I can post more images without ruining the other thread with a flood of this stuff, should I find the time to do a few more and feel the need to update them repeatedly as I have with some of my other images.

While I intend to do SOME more girlie images, humans aren't really my forte. I'm much more at home with monsters, prehistoric creatures, or even toon animals than with creating image sof people. People are HARD - partly because we see them every day. So for still images I tend to go with somewhat stylised, and often somewhat fansastical.

While I don't have any game-specific critters to hand, and don't see me having the time to model new creatures to look like game characters (or even to rip the 3D models from games to use as figures) I hope this image will give you an idea of the KIND of characters I am likely to put in a scene.

2zhnq6g.png

If anyone fancies donating a .OBJ format version of a Pandora 3D model, please - feel free!

Ta

EDIT FOR PS - As a way of keeping track, I intend to keep THIS post updated with the current, possibly useable "final" version of images. Like this...

A girl called "pandora":
243lrt5.png

"pandora" playing with her (or her BF's?) pandora handheld gaming console...

21f0c4i.png

and a larger version:
http://i50.tinypic.com/20j32h0.png

Then, a U rated version!

e9eu1f.png

and its larger version:
http://i46.tinypic.com/jrurzl.png

This one's quite simply "Dragon 1" as there is every likelyhood that there will be a number of dragon images and I couldn't think up a more interesting name :(
dwfjae.png

This is a new, brighter version for clarity - though not TOO clear I hope, as it's not meant to be easy to study the detail ;)

Pickled Brain:
1yttdy.png

or
rmkxg7.png

The Girl With The Pandora Tatt:
eijj1v.png

and a huge version:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cco2rk.png

Night At The Aquarium - newer, brighter, postworked version!:
1g65iq.png

Works In Progress (a less frequently updated section of this post containing planned or semi-planned images and notes/ideas)
Dragon2 is currently considered "unfit for use" and may yet be abandoned completely in favour of moving on to "Dragon3".
xc6254.png

Doom Homage
2nhnuz6.png

Laura Craft and Pandora's Box
CatGirlie

Eastern Promise
27yr8mu.png

MechWarrior
Hatching

Pandora text in sand/sky, maybe, if Pandora is delayed long enough for me to create it.

Pandora Island (the first of the possibilities mentioned in the line above):
2hxlent.png

Die Hardest/Arnie and Predator BOOM explosive image? (ref:phawx http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50632-wallpaper-wips/page__view__findpost__p__785278)

Dragon3
2vkz2fl.png

All I Want For Christmas
23tnrtl.png

Larger version:
http://i50.tinypic.com/v58zuq.png

DEATH NEEDS A HOBBY: Two Weeks after Delivery
16706tk.png

and as originally intended - sans Pandora-logo eyes:
2gxk7t5.png

Bones!
2vbx8ok.png

And a larger copy of Bones:
http://i49.tinypic.com/24y3di0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
If anyone fancies donating a .OBJ format version of a Pandora 3D model, please - feel free!

Ta

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45943-fan-made-pandora-renders/page__st__15__p__684575&#entry684575

:p

nikkopt said:
Monk said:

Ta

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45943-fan-made-pandora-renders/page__st__15__p__684575&#entry684575

:p

Thanks - looks lovely, doesn't it? the case design may have changed slightly since thgen, but my main problem with that model is that it's in .blend format which I can't immediately use. I might be able to set about converting it to .OBJ format if I track down and download Blender, and install it, and learn how to use it... but not before I go in for surgery (by which time it'll likely be a bit late). Thanks for the thought though!

Having checked on how my poor little notebook is coping with the WIP I set it rendering, it looks like I won't actually have a render to put in this WIP thread until tomorrow. Doh!

I'm trying to convert it for you but it keeps exporting a distorted model..

Edit: I've edited the model a bit some time ago (Like this). I'm looking for it (lol) and i'll try to convert that one instead..

nikkopt said:
I'm trying to convert it for you but it keeps exporting a distorted model..

Edit: I've edited the model a bit some time ago (Like this). I'm looking for it (lol) and i'll try to convert that one instead..

Yeah, converting from one format to another can be... taxing - and dealing with the 2issues" that can be thrown up make the fun I had with a simple logo look like fun!

If you DO manage this it'd be, well, really quite helpful - on:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50534-wallpapers-and-other-graphics-wanted/page__view__findpost__p__778676

I'm using some extremely basic cubes for the Pandora and borrowing from a much mooted "blue LED Logo" mod for the back of the case to try and infuse the image with a little Pandora-ness. So a model that looks anything like the actual Pandora would certainly help quite a bit!

Ta

Here is the model in OBJ format. Unfortunately, to proper display it i had to flatten all the layers :( . You have to make a little editing if you want the screen to rotate again. Another thing that sucks is that the model lost all the material proprieties. All polygons are now gray.. good news is that the material assignments weren't lost, so you can select "screen" or "keyboard" for ex and edit it/add your own texture.

I converted it in lightwave and opened it in blender to see if it was ok. Also made the keyboard shiny blue to see if the material assignments really worked: Link

Notes:
The model has more polys than it needs and even some errors. The material list is filled with test names i forgot to delete, you will have to see for yourself if they correspond to something.
The model was made by Clean3d, i only changed some things. Usage rules remain the same :)

http://www.zshare.net/download/69232082f97dcb57/

I have been working on a set of wallpapers of my own based on variations of a great Pandora's Box photo that I found. Unfortunately, I do not have source attribution for the original photo, but it was too good not to make into a wallpaper for my own use. I am, however, seeking some input on some different interesting effects that I could apply to the original, or any other ideas or tips that might make this a better wallpaper.
The original image is NSFW, but these should be sufficiently obscured for this forum.
Tiled:
PandorasBoxTiled.png

Retro:
PandorasBoxRetro.png

Additional variations can be found here.

Thanks in advance.

nikkopt said:
I converted it in lightwave and opened it in blender to see if it was ok. Also made the keyboard shiny blue to see if the material assignments really worked:

Excellent - top of my list to play with today to see how well it plays with my setup. In the meantime, an early Dragon WIP:

290ssuo.png

which will hopefully end up with the Pandora model amongs the dragon's hoarde of gold, and an early WIP of clothing the girl in my "Playing Pandora" image:

2vteczr.png

Obviously, since I spent some time making her skin look "right" I'm reluctant to cover too much of it up, so we'll see how this goes. I could o more for a Magus kind of look but "girl playing her Pandora (or his!) in her bedroom" was the idea, so having her dressed as a game character would breka the original intent somewhat.

Monk said:
2vteczr.png

Obviously, since I spent some time making her skin look "right" I'm reluctant to cover too much of it up, so we'll see how this goes. I could o more for a Magus kind of look but "girl playing her Pandora (or his!) in her bedroom" was the idea, so having her dressed as a game character would breka the original intent somewhat.

Although I kind of like the cool and cocky smirk of this one, I think I preferred the wide eyed wonder of your previous versions.
Also, I do like the blue eye shadow on this picture better, but I think I would make it more of a "Pandora Blue", like in the logo.

(and, I also agree with not covering too much of her up, prefer a more natural look, perhaps 2 final versions are in order.)

Oh - I'm only looking to change the clothing here, but for rendering... it gets kindof old seeing exactly the same thing churn out time after time, so the expression change is just for a bit of fun for me :)

banjeed said:
I fully deserve the bashing I'll get for this..

It made ME laugh! LOL

I'm not entirely sure I'm going with this one:

33y0r6d.png

Called either "The Morning After The Night Before" or, more simply, "Pickled Brain" the options running around my head are:

White "table top" with the Pandora logo and text running under the jar
Less healthy brain with (possibly) brighter lighting so you can see unhealthy brain tissue clearer
Pandora logo and text etched into the jar (currently my favourite)
Animating the texture of the brain degrading

nikkopt said:
Notes:
The model has more polys than it needs and even some errors. The material list is filled with test names i forgot to delete, you will have to see for yourself if they correspond to something.
The model was made by Clean3d, i only changed some things. Usage rules remain the same :)

While it's technically not "perfect", the design of the REAL Pandora has changed since those days anyway - this works, and works quite well from my initial testing, and looks a LOT more like a Pandora than 2 scaled cubes do. It might be nice, at some stage, to try and apply lettering and be able to animate the keys/buttons/lid closing and so forth but for the simple stuff I was doing this should elevate the images considerably. Serious thanks man!

Hmmm - there's a weird N-Gon on the back but I don't think that will trouble me unduly.

Monk said:
The under eye shadows (or lack thereof) please me; it looks like she's gotten a better nights sleep now. I also share sentiments with RavenX: I'm of two minds about this cocky smirk. It is clever, but the wide eyed wonder described the sentiments I think we'd all feel quite well.

I like the new girl much better. I'd still prefer a darker touch, though. But it's heading in the right direction.
If you look closely, you see that she doesn't look at the screen. She awaits the monster behind her :D

banjeed said:
I fully deserve the bashing I'll get for this..

VInUn.png

Yup, that's it. Combines all wallpapers, so the thread can be closed, thank you.;)

I'm afraid that under-eye-shadow will be back, and as for the darker version - Tatt Girl won't be in that pose or have that skin or hair colour - she should be something more like this early WIP:

34ecco0.png

mali said:
:D :D :D

Btw, is this your job or your hobby? You are damn talented. Really :)

Kind of you to say, but it's "satanding on the shoulders of giants" type thing. All the hard work is done by others, I'm just doing the little bit at the end.

I DO do a little work in this field, but not still renders of humans (two topics neither of which are my forte), but it's more of a hobby than a job.

Back