hey Pals look what I made! (Pandora Advertisement)

NESnero

Welp, I got bored in Photoshop and decided to make an advertisement for the Pandora, however what started off as a small ol' thing, became a proper advertisement! Here's what I came up with, telling me what you think. (Ha Ha not asking for a job. <_< ) (srsly though) (I'm not) (>_>)

Some of the Pandora images are really jagged on the edges, but I was working with the images I had, which happened to be small res ones off the site, and I tried to find a good font for the logo but nothing worked! So I had to rip that as well which made everything jagged! Oh well, for a side project i think it turned out well.

kexn9l.png

I wish I knew how to spoiler. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Send me some copies and I will circulate them as flyers in my part of Florida.

Hey, I'm as much of a sucker for marketing as the next guy, but this statement did not fool me: "The first fully functioning open source Linux PC." I'm guessing you forgot the word 'handheld'? ;)

Hmm, a couple suggestions:

1. I don't think it is the 'first fully functioning Linux open source PC'. There are actually lots of companies that build and ship Linux desktops and laptops. Open Pandora is the first (that I know of) to make on so gosh-darn small.

2. You mention emulation, but not much about open-source games, they could use some love, too.

Other than those idle thoughts of mine, it looks good. And futuristic.

Nice work. Depending on the target group there may be better example pics than a first person shooter.

Your blue pointer leads from quake 3 text to duke nukem picture, i think that's some kind of misinterpretative.

There is no pandora with 1000MHz CPU, all units come with OMAP 3530 at 600MHz.

Standard possible overclocking is 800MHz, are there any stable at 1000MHz?

Anyhow, overclocking is not part of the advertised features.

The Pandora comes with 256MB RAM, not 512.

Why FULL LCD screen? Are there devices with a half Liquid Crystal Display screen?

(btw, display screen or a display or a screen?)

How to spoil.

Click on "more reply options". Left of "Font" you click "Special BBCode" and select spoiler.

or

Code:
Type  [spoiler]  before your spoiled text and  [/spoiler]
  at the end.

Click on preview to check result.

at opp3 800 is more or less a max for everyone.

at opp5 i think everyone should be able to go up to 1000 as he say. but I agree that advertising the opp5 max speed is not a good idea as this void your warranty

lol:

WizStan quote: Deleting his account for making such a statement is implication that people that like to put horse penis in their anus are bad. The poor people who like to put horse penis in their anus have suffered enough without this level of prejudice. Why isn't anyone else looking out for the rights of the horse-penis-in-anus people?

Wow :p

at opp3 800 is more or less a max for everyone.

at opp5 i think everyone should be able to go up to 1000 as he say. but I agree that advertising the opp5 max speed is not a good idea as this void your warranty

OPP5 at 1 Ghz is not voiding the warranty, OPP6, or +1 Ghz is voiding the warranty.

I can reach 1 Ghz on OPP4, so I guess I have a pretty lucky chip.

It sounds very misleading to be honest. As already mentioned, the unit has only 256 MB of ram and 1 Ghz is not guaranteed at all.

You claim that the system is great for emulation and that it even can do DOS games (which is the picture shown). This suggests it can emulate DOS games like Duke Nukem and Quake III which is absolutely not true. Those games are playable because their source is available and they have been ported, i.e. they run natively.

It looks very nice though, I think the background sections you have there should have a little bit of a gradient, it looks a bit too "sudden".

Ha, yes, it does look good. It seems that we're ripping into it, but we're not. Just a couple tweaks and you'd have a damn good advertisement.

In a thread a little while ago, the conclusion was that take the controls was the best slogan we could think of, followed by the future of retro

Ha, yes, it does look good. It seems that we're ripping into it, but we're not. Just a couple tweaks and you'd have a damn good advertisement.
You are right, we do sound a bit negative here. It looks really great, my feedback was given to make it better. Please don't misinterpret it as negative judgement.

I can probably sort out those jaggies for you as well... When I get off work. Just email me the source image (or provide a link) and i'll process it so your add can look completely professional.

P.s. faeminx@gmail.com

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Back