Wallpaper Wips

Monk said:
mali said:
:D :D :D

Btw, is this your job or your hobby? You are damn talented. Really :)

Kind of you to say, but it's "satanding on the shoulders of giants" type thing. All the hard work is done by others, I'm just doing the little bit at the end.

I DO do a little work in this field, but not still renders of humans (two topics neither of which are my forte), but it's more of a hobby than a job.

What is this "satanding"? Devil's jewelry?

Sorry, I had to. I'll go over there now. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Monk said:
mali said:
:D :D :D

Btw, is this your job or your hobby? You are damn talented. Really :)

Kind of you to say, but it's "satanding on the shoulders of giants" type thing. All the hard work is done by others, I'm just doing the little bit at the end.

I DO do a little work in this field, but not still renders of humans (two topics neither of which are my forte), but it's more of a hobby than a job.

Don't want to be a jerk, more of a concerned community member. I'm guessing the model is free to use...licensing...blah blah?

B-ZaR said:
What is this "satanding"? Devil's jewelry?

Sorry, I had to. I'll go over there now. :unsure:

what, you think I can get these results on skill alone? ;)

banjeed said:
Don't want to be a jerk, more of a concerned community member. I'm guessing the model is free to use...licensing...blah blah?

Not a problem. I have all relevant rights to what I'm using, not a problem :)

091201-bsod-01.jpg

Consequence9 said:
Heh, that context is so ironic (more so than you might be aware of) provided that you know who the guy is and where he's from (it's a Swedish movie actually :p ).

The latest girl pic is so awesome, I can't believe it. She looks like she has just opened the box. Shocked about what she has done but glad to know what is inside. The modern reincarnation of the ancient Pandora. My thoughts are drifting off :huh:

Goth-Pandora on a dark background is all I need for the perfect wallpaper :)

mali said:
The latest girl pic is so awesome, I can't believe it. She looks like she has just opened the box. Shocked about what she has done but glad to know what is inside. The modern reincarnation of the ancient Pandora. My thoughts are drifting off :huh:

Goth-Pandora on a dark background is all I need for the perfect wallpaper :)

Excellent. Well, I'll be sure to try and run up a higher quality copy (which reminds me, MUST work on the tatt - I can think about that while my current WIP renders) no worries. If you want one higher res than 800 * 480, just nominate the resolution and I'll see what I can do.

Monk said:
Excellent. Well, I'll be sure to try and run up a higher quality copy (which reminds me, MUST work on the tatt - I can do that while my current WIP renders) no worries. If you want one higher res than 800 * 480, just nominat ethe resolution and I'll see what I can do.
Please, please, please make one without tattoo for me :) Just like it is now without changes. When I have it on my Pandora I don't need another logo ;)

Monk said:
I'm not entirely sure I'm going with this one:

33y0r6d.png

Called either "The Morning After The Night Before" or, more simply, "Pickled Brain" the options running around my head are:

White "table top" with the Pandora logo and text running under the jar
Less healthy brain with (possibly) brighter lighting so you can see unhealthy brain tissue clearer
Pandora logo and text etched into the jar (currently my favourite)
Animating the texture of the brain degrading

You know what makes this interesting?
In ancient Greek, it wasn't Pandora's Box, it was Pandora's Jug. It's just that Erasmus mistranslated it, but it stuck.

Vlynndar said:
You know what makes this interesting?
In ancient Greek, it wasn't Pandora's Box, it was Pandora's Jug. It's just that Erasmus mistranslated it, but it stuck.

LOL! How cool. Pandora's jugs...

But I digress. I think I have a much clearer idea wher eI'm going with that scene now - since I have fortuitously been provided with a copy of Clean3D's Pandora model, the plan is to add some eyeballs to the brain and have it watching the screen of a Pandors. Then I can add some text - something like "Pandora - it's all your brain needs". Though the renders are running a tad slowly (thank goodness I'm not stuck here with nothing else to do - I'd go insane!).

mali said:
Please, please, please make one without tattoo for me :) Just like it is now without changes. When I have it on my Pandora I don't need another logo ;)

One render as is but 800 * 480? Check - easy even (and fast rendering). If this PC weren't tying itself in knots doing another semi-nude render I'd do it right now for ya - as it it'll have to wait till this render finishes. No promises for today - it's slow going at the mo (scenes are getting a tad complex).

amf66 said:
No Monk! You added clothes! :eek: Still, the new one looks good, and so does the brain in a bottle.

I plan to do with and without clothing, so it's dealers choice as to what anyone uses (if any at all). It's tough trying to make her look clothed without hiding the skin too much though!

Sounds good. Too bad you can't (as far as know) set up a render farm with other computers that are off site. I'm going to have an extra computer soon so that would help... Maybe with hamachi you could. Just a thought.

Monk said:
One render as is but 800 * 480? Check - easy even (and fast rendering). If this PC weren't tying itself in knots doing another semi-nude render I'd do it right now for ya - as it it'll have to wait till this render finishes. No promises for today - it's slow going at the mo (scenes are getting a tad complex).

Thanks a bunch :) Don't hurry, it's ok if its finished in two months :lol: j/k I'll have to re-order first, though. I might drop ED a mail in the next days.
It would be best, if she's on the right side of the screen, with the center at 2/3 or so :)

mali said:
Monk said:

Thanks a bunch :) Don't hurry, it's ok if its finished in two months :lol: j/k I'll have to re-order first, though. I might drop ED a mail in the next days.
It would be best, if she's on the right side of the screen, with the center at 2/3 or so :)

If people used E17 it would get in the way of the drive stats. Just sayin'.

Vlynndar said:

I hope it can be disabled, I don't like that kind of stuff. Blinking and moving bars and such nonsense.
/sorry for off topic

Vlynndar said:
mali said:
Monk said:

I figure by providing .PNG files with the subject placed centrally and trying not to take up TOO much of the space available, people should be able to use editors like the GIMP to move the image around on the bitmap to place it more conveniently if their setup differs.

Cookie-cutters are great, but nothing beats cusomisation to match your own usage perfectly :D

Topic drift? As far as I'm concerned at least, discussing how wallpaper will interact with (what are likely to be) popular interfaces on the Pandora is very much on topic, as it can guide the designs. And stuff.

Two Months - should give me long enough to produce several wallpaper designs to a "finished" standard then! :D

amf66 said:
Sounds good. Too bad you can't (as far as know) set up a render farm with other computers that are off site. I'm going to have an extra computer soon so that would help... Maybe with hamachi you could. Just a thought.

When I get back from my surgery my main computer (and its software) will hopefully have recovered from its surgery too - so I'l have, erm, a number of computers to renderfarm with. As is, I COULd use more than the 2 I have going, but it'd be more hassle than it's worth to me.

and... thanks for the offer, but all the software I curently use either doens't renderfarm at all or only renderfarms locally (at least with the licenses I have).

RavenX said:
Monk said:
2vteczr.png

Obviously, since I spent some time making her skin look "right" I'm reluctant to cover too much of it up, so we'll see how this goes. I could o more for a Magus kind of look but "girl playing her Pandora (or his!) in her bedroom" was the idea, so having her dressed as a game character would breka the original intent somewhat.

Although I kind of like the cool and cocky smirk of this one, I think I preferred the wide eyed wonder of your previous versions.
Also, I do like the blue eye shadow on this picture better, but I think I would make it more of a "Pandora Blue", like in the logo.
I think this one looks perfect, although the logo on her shirt should be an isometric cube.
Monk said:
I'm afraid that under-eye-shadow will be back, and as for the darker version - Tatt Girl won't be in that pose or have that skin or hair colour - she should be something more like this early WIP:

34ecco0.png
Hmm, if you're looking for the goth look, use a little less eyeliner, more eyeshadow. Her hair should be straight or wild, and her skin is looking a little shadowy, while that's fitting, it's not quite.... yeah. You get the idea of how it looks :lol:

Monk, your creatures and monsters are great, here are two pictures from me

Back