Release vGolf - A minigolf simulation

Just to let anyone know:

The original author sent me a patch, that made playing without the nubs possible, what works really neat. Also he fixed the bug with hanging in the menu.

The downside of this is right now, that you move the mousecursor in the menus with the dpad. The Touchscreen is therefor completely discalibrated, when you moved the mouse in the menus.

I wrote them these things and hope he can firure it out.

If anyone is interested in having this halffixed version, I can upload it to the repo today. Else i would wait till it is perfect.
Hi let us know what he says, id like this version if the author says its gonna be 2 weeks to fix but at this rate it wont be long,

sounds good put up new version please :)

any plans from author to use touchscreen as control in future you know?

I don't know, but I could suggest it. Would be quite fiddely though I suppose...

Edit: Updated now.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one, also thinking some sort of spin control would be neat?

Just tried the updated version..

I'm still having trouble exiting,

it just freezes on the exit screen ,

can't get to the desktop without resetting

I don't know, but I could suggest it. Would be quite fiddely though I suppose...

Edit: Updated now.
Oooh :)

664918pdif564te7.gif

I just played this and it is so much fun. I also had a problem exiting. It just hung on the final menu. Even the Pandora button did not work.. Had to re-boot the system.

For everyone who has troubles exiting:

READ THE POSTS!

For those who don't want to read the posts before:

1. Disable onlineupload of scores in the menu!

2. If the hang occurs, go to the displaysettings and choose "windowed", then when the game is windowed, hold the pandorabutton for some seconds and release, then choose the game from the popupmenu and kill it.

No need to hard-reset!

For everyone who has troubles exiting:

READ THE POSTS!

For those who don't want to read the posts before:

1. Disable onlineupload of scores in the menu!

2. If the hang occurs, go to the displaysettings and choose "windowed", then when the game is windowed, hold the pandorabutton for some seconds and release, then choose the game from the popupmenu and kill it.

No need to hard-reset!

Thank you, I appreciate the effort it took.

How do I make a profile? I don't like having to use the "guest". I get to the screen to make one, but I can't type in my name.

Just click on Add player, then on guest, then on new player and type in your name. Then click on ok and choose your typed in name. Should work.

Hmmm... does for me.

Did you do anything special before and do you have the latest version?

Also, do you have updated from the previous version?

Edit: Could you also try to remove or rename your appdatafolder?

Maybe there could be a small bug in the last release. Will compile a new one today with some more changes.

Thanks for reporting!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!

Thanks to Todd Cope from T3-Software! He worked hard to bring the new controlpossibilities to the Pandora and fix the onlinebug!

Also thanks for being very friendly and helpful!

You can use the touchscreen, nubs or dpad+Abutton to play.

For menunavigation you need the nubs or touchscreen.

Also two more curses and some new avatars are included now. To upgrade, please delete your appdatafolder and start the new pnd!

Updated to disable onlineuploads by default.

If you disabled it manually, you can keep your appdatadirectory while updating. Just something to have new users not expiriencing the menuhang ;)

This is a good port. I have one minor suggestion - alter the main loop a bit to yield the CPU when nothing's happening.

As written, the game's main loop is pretty tight, and this seems to drive the CPU a little harder than it needs to, draining battery more quickly than normal. Here's a one-liner patch that should fix it.

Code:
*** main.c.old	2011-06-27 14:31:58.755137000 -0700

--- main.c	2011-06-27 14:31:33.451137000 -0700

*** 8195,8198 ****

--- 8195,8199 ----

updated = 1;

}

+         rest(1);

}

ncds_stop_music();

I will have a look at this. Thanks for your suggestion!

Have to test, if it is stable then.

Where I can find source code for version 1.23.0.5 ?

Pnd-page is pointing to source code version 1.22.

I'm planning to package game for Maemo5/N900. I got version 1.22 compiled and running, but touchscreen is not usable on that version.

Some other issues on Maemo5:

*"Fullscreen" is not fullscreen, but system's top panel covers game (even it can't be focused).

*When track ends, next track is not started.

*Keyboard's "ctrl+backspace" is blocked (compare alt+tab on Desktop)

*No sounds

Allegro version is 4.2.2-2.1maemo4, but I'm not sure how much it is stress tested on N900.

Back