Release vGolf - A minigolf simulation

mcobit

Advanced Member
Here is a port of vGolf, a minigolfsimulation:

http://www.t3-i.com/vgolf.htm

vgolf2.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HfRFm0r2Rms?feature=oembed

This includes the tracks and the course-, avatar-, and commentaryeditors!

UPDATE!

The onlineoption is now disabled by default for new users. If you already have an appdata and don't want to loose it, please disable the onlineupload of scores in the menu manually.

Thanks to Todd Cope from T3-Software! He worked hard to bring the new controlpossibilities to the Pandora and fix the onlinebug!

Also thanks for being very friendly and helpful!

You can use the touchscreen, nubs or dpad+Abutton to play.

For menunavigation you need the nubs or touchscreen.

Also two more courses and some new avatars are included now. To upgrade, please delete your appdatafolder and start the new pnd!

PND is here: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=vgolf-vgolfpack-32070

And of course: have a lot of Fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
after playing a round, game hangs? it won't go back to menu screen but a screen which normally comes if you hit ball in water or some such i.e with option drop, rehit.

That is actually a known bug in the main program. Happened to me once and never again. Try to disable sending scores to the onlineserver in the menu. If you manage to get to the menu and change the program to windowed in this state, you can escape it with long holding the pandorabutton.

Sorry for that. Should have mentioned, but forgot.

Can anyone actually quit this game? Obviously you can just press the Pandora button, but the quit option in the menu never actually closes it down.

Can anyone actually quit this game? Obviously you can just press the Pandora button, but the quit option in the menu never actually closes it down.

Did you play it through once? Maybe you have the abovementioned problem too. Normally you can easily quit it with the menuoption.

Did you play it through once? Maybe you have the abovementioned problem too. Normally you can easily quit it with the menuoption.

No I've never gone through the full 18 holes. I usually get fed up with it adding extra strokes because I accidentally tapped the screen! I do wish there was a 9-hole option or something.

Ok, as it seems this bug happens without completing a course too, when you quit it while playing.

I will contact the authors for this.

Stay tuned ;)

I guess I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out before i download it.

I love mini golf games. :)

Last edited:
I guess I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out before i download it.

I love mini golf games. :)

You can try it. If you get stuck, you can follow the instructions to get out. Or start it via minimenu. then there is no risk, as you can quit it always with the pandorabutton ;)

Ok, the author said, that this is a bug with the onlineupload of the scores.

Just deactivate this in the options before starting a game, and please report, if it fixed it for you.

I will make a new pnd with this as a default this evening or tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Also he asked me, if there is a way to improve pandoracontrol.

I said, that It could be made to circle the targeting triangle by pressing left and right on the dpad and to shoot with the actionbuttons, as an alternative control.

So this would be easier and it wouldn't be so easy to accidentally shoot the ball.

Ok, the author said, that this is a bug with the onlineupload of the scores.

Just deactivate this in the options before starting a game, and please report, if it fixed it for you.

I will make a new pnd with this as a default this evening or tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Also he asked me, if there is a way to improve pandoracontrol.

I said, that It could be made to circle the targeting triangle by pressing left and right on the dpad and to shoot with the actionbuttons, as an alternative control.

So this would be easier and it wouldn't be so easy to accidentally shoot the ball.

That would make the game very awesome!

yep disabling online score seems to work; look forward to better Panda controls! :)

Disabling online worked for me too.

Love the game . never been told I was all wet so many times :)

Commentary is a added bonus.

great nub tester too.

Last edited:
Just to let anyone know:

The original author sent me a patch, that made playing without the nubs possible, what works really neat. Also he fixed the bug with hanging in the menu.

The downside of this is right now, that you move the mousecursor in the menus with the dpad. The Touchscreen is therefor completely discalibrated, when you moved the mouse in the menus.

I wrote them these things and hope he can firure it out.

If anyone is interested in having this halffixed version, I can upload it to the repo today. Else i would wait till it is perfect.

Back