Using hotfix4, how high can you clock?

Hotfix4 has an option to overclock to the max TI specs, how high can you go?

• 800mhz

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 850mhz

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 900mhz

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 950mhz

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 1Ghz

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • 1.05Ghz

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 1.1Ghz+

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Does the cpu have a temp probe? Or, for that matter, a heatsink at all? I'm really curious at what sort of temps you get running stock and OC'd to that degree.

Does the cpu have a temp probe? Or, for that matter, a heatsink at all? I'm really curious at what sort of temps you get running stock and OC'd to that degree.

With this generation of ARM chips heat isn't an issue (yet).... OMAP4 however... that might get hot.

Peca, is HF4 final including the new kernel? So do you just need to run Jdbye's script to enable the over/undervolting OPP levels?....
Yes and Yes :)

I just install HF4 and put Jdbey's script instead original one and voila...

It can be fine tuned on every Pandora to set-up maximum clock rate with minimal OPP levet that still work and save as much power as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to be able to hit 1025mhz without issue but any further and I get lock ups eventually, be it minutes or hours. Gives a reasonable speed boost to a few games in Mupen which I used to test it. All good here and thx for the HF4, the script and the nod to give it a try :)

not a bad draw so far. 10 out of 13 can clock at 1ghz or higher. Still need more people to try to make anything conclusive but not a bad start

These ARM based OMAP3 setup's are pretty damned impressive. Given the low cost, low power consumption, and ridiculous overclocking headroom, with all those shiny extras crammed onto the die... Thing of beauty. Getting an average of 1ghz out of them is outstanding, pushing close to a 50% overclock. I wonder what the ~1ghz OMAP4's are capable of?

Mine is stable at 1ghz, I'm happy rite there, no need to push any further as don't wanna break it

These ARM based OMAP3 setup's are pretty damned impressive. Given the low cost, low power consumption, and ridiculous overclocking headroom, with all those shiny extras crammed onto the die... Thing of beauty. Getting an average of 1ghz out of them is outstanding, pushing close to a 50% overclock. I wonder what the ~1ghz OMAP4's are capable of?

They are starting to sample OMAP4 chips (Actually engineering samples, not MP samples) so someone might test one soon. I'd suspect 2ghz to be possible.

Getting an average of 1ghz out of them is outstanding, pushing close to a 50% overclock.
1Ghz would be a 100% overclock. Stock speed is 500Mhz ;)

We were already getting 50% overclock at standard voltages, the increased voltage gets us an extra 50% :)

Yeah, was looking at the specs on the TI page with 720mhz.

Still, amazing stuff.

Any consideration to making Pandy's with the omap4 chips as an option? Or would that require significant redesign?

Yeah, was looking at the specs on the TI page with 720mhz.

Still, amazing stuff.

Any consideration to making Pandy's with the omap4 chips as an option? Or would that require significant redesign?

The OMAP4 is a BEAST. It won't be available in MP quantities until 2011 then add on another year for all the madness.

Just tried with HF6

Can go to 850.

Is the opp adjusting automatically ?

Is there a way to know which opp is currently used ?

Everything above 1050 MHz is verry unstable. 1GHz runns pretty stable. 1,1GHz or higher freezes the screen immediatley.

Ok thx.

I though opp was going automatically to 4 or 5 if the frequency is boosted. Do i miss something here ?

----EDIT

Yes i missed the max opp setting :/

So i can go to 850@opp3

If i set opp max to 5, then going to 850 adjusts automatically opp to 5

875 crashes the system.

So i presume, in my case, limiting opp to 3 and running at 850 is the best choice (no lifetime consideration) ?

Yep, saw and edited between :^)

Any though from my edition ?

Well seems i can't go past 850. No super cow powers in here TT.

But it's np, i'm not an oc guy ^^.

Thx for help.

Back