Upgrade to IPB4

I do like the new (at least I didn't notice it with the old board) 'go to next unread topic' link but it would be even better if it could be made to work across the whole board and not only a single sub forum.

Searching new content since last visit doesn't seem to work reliably for me (it is usually empty), but the 'only unread' filter is probably the better filter anyway.

I do like the new (at least I didn't notice it with the old board) 'go to next unread topic' link but it would be even better if it could be made to work across the whole board and not only a single sub forum.

For what it's worth, that's not new.  Though when I last tried it it had a nasty habit of randomly marking an entire sub-forum as read even before I'd finished reading the new posts there.  Hopefully that bug hasn't carried over to the new version.

-Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that irks me is it seems links in the forum posts no longer open in a new tab/window... 

EDIT: nvm only seems like select links don't behave as it used to...  like the link in this post: 

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/18536-building-a-cheaper-handheld-moved-from-the-pyra-cost-thread/?do=findComment&comment=400594

I wish this would be the case with any link, since it gives you more easily accessible options.

left click = open in this tab

middle mouse button = open in new tab

I wish this would be the case with any link, since it gives you more easily accessible options.

left click = open in this tab

middle mouse button = open in new tab

Oh, yes. My support for this.

Also, is it just me, or are the "next page" links on the bottom of the "New content" page gone? I seem to be able to see no more than a page of "new content".

Urgh...  The link back to the original post in the quote headers now only shows up if you mouse over it....  all very well if you know that it's there but useless for anyone else.   Are there any other useful functions that only show up on mouse over?

-Neelix

Urgh...  The link back to the original post in the quote headers now only shows up if you mouse over it....  all very well if you know that it's there but useless for anyone else.   Are there any other useful functions that only show up on mouse over?

I don't get any tooltip if I mouse over the quote header.  Which part exactly do I need to mouse-over to make it work?

Edit: Hmm, has the editor switched back?  I still have the source button, so I assumed it was still the BBCode editor, but that quote header looks like the old type.

Hmm, do spoilers work?

Yes they do!

Also, is it just me, or are the "next page" links on the bottom of the "New content" page gone? I seem to be able to see no more than a page of "new content".

That's probably because there's only one page of "New" content to be seen so far.  The unread flags seem to have been lost when the software was updated so any messages posted before then are marked as read.

If you adjust your filters to show other posts you can indeed get multiple pages.

-Neelix

I don't get any tooltip if I mouse over the quote header.  Which part exactly do I need to mouse-over to make it work?
The quote in my sig doesn't have one, as it pre-dates the feature but if you mouse over the other quote headers on this page you'll see it on the right.

-Neelix

Can we get the amount of user info below the avatar cut back to sane levels? Sony for example has so much info on display that each of his posts (including the one-liners) is taking up half the vertical space on my screen!

That's a hell of a lot of wasted space.

D.

Does this new software have a member list?  I found a Staff listing, and an "online users" listing, but as yet I've found no members list.

-Neelix

Yes :)

I'll continue to bring everything back within the next days, and when all is there, 4.1 might be ready and everything will be a lot more nicer :D

I also plan to use the boards as a framework for the official websites - it's easy now to implement html inside the boards and create menu links here.

Dunny, I'll delete some for you, ok.

Lol - now you're just one line under half the page. Seriously, the amount of space this uses is utterly shocking, and I though the last one looked bad! It all hangs together pretty well, and works smoothly but whoever designed this layout really hasn't got a fecking clue what they're doing :)

Oh, and double space when pressing return? For shame.

D.

Back