Upgrade to IPB4

Calling http://boards.openpandora.org I get randomly an error page. Only after several tries the page shows up.

error_boards_openpandora.png

As the Edit function also doesn't work (after editing my previous post, there is no action pressing the "save" button), I have to  correct my previous post with this reply message:

Calling " http://boards.openpandora.org -> Community -> Forums"   I get randomly an error page. Only after several tries the page shows up.

You also can no longer select part of a post and quote your selection, which I personally found a great feature.

You also can no longer select part of a post and quote your selection, which I personally found a great feature.

That was a plugin; presumably ED will get around to adding it again once the base features are stable.

Hopefully a better version of it, preferably one that doesn't involve a popup.  It only seemed to work intermittently, and usually it would show up when I didn't want it, but wouldn't show up when I did.  The resulting quotes lost any formatting too, which also made the feature less useful.

-Neelix

The aspect seems nice with round avatars and all, but...PLEASE don't kill Opera 12, PLEASE !!
Well, it was Opera that killed Opera, sadly.

I loved Opera myself, but less and less websites work with it... I can check, but I don't think there's much I can do.l
thankyou.gif

Opera was a very nice browser. But they fucked things up and the last useable version 12 is now old and outdated. Let it die in peace. It is important, that such a board works without Javascript, especially in an open source community with people not trusting code in browsers. But old browsers should not be considered imho.

Actually, the editor is pretty awesome. Just downloaded a plugin that it works with BBCode rather then HTML and now everyone can use the source-view again default_smile.png  

Great! Now I just need to learn the new syntax ([ list ] and [ * ] didn't work well). :)

However I don't like this flat Windows 10 like design. But I will probably will get used to it.

Much more important for me would be a distinct answer window instead of using the space under the last post. Furthermore the WYSIWYG editor is no replacement for a preview function! It doesn't really look the same. It's more like WYSIWYM (What you see is what you mean) like Lyx.

Something else. I know the mobile theme was fucked up for reading messages. I will test later, whether this is fixed now. :)

Oh and my profile page is not pink anymore!!! :( (Okay, this was a joke. The others points weren't)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or does everything look bigger than it used to?  Everything, fonts, avatars, buttons, just seems a little bit bigger.  I've made sure my zoom is normal, if I shrink it to 80% everything looks more familiar sized.  I wonder if things are actually bigger or if it might just be an illusion from excess white space or something.

For some reason is seems wider for me, but the font stayed small.

Anyway I tested the board on my smartphone and it is horrible. Some icons are not working (probably webfonts), every click needs some seconds because some stuff is loaded with ajax (e.g. the popup menu) and please remove the tapatalk advertisment! It is hard to click it away, it is over some important elements and of course needs some seconds for a reaction, too.

But messages seem to work better now at least.

I can't cope with the mobile version. I usually use my phone and switch to the desktop version, but it's not giving me the option to do so. 

Also, I'm finding it difficult to post anything, because I have to try about 3 times to type as it keeps taking me back up to the top of the thread.

Aaaand there seems to be a bug with the notifications. It still has 1 unread notification, even though I've read them all.

Please make it stop; and please bring back my signatures, my purple moondolphins and Ziz's pink background :p. Thank you muchly. That is all :).

Aaaand there seems to be a bug with the notifications. It still has 1 unread notification, even though I've read them all.
Maybe it's a Liked Post notification from before the software update.  Liked Post notifications are currently disabled, so if you still have one unread it might be in limbo...

Please make it stop; and please bring back my signatures, my purple moondolphins and Ziz's pink background :p. Thank you muchly. That is all :).

Signatures are working again...  or at least they are the desktop version of the site.  If they are still missing for you on the desktop version then perhaps you should check if they are still enabled on your account. (there's a toggle under Account Settings -> Signature)

-Neelix

The old version not only showed how old the latest news was but also the title so I knew if it was anything interesting before opening the subforum. This was more time saving.

"Source" in the editor shows HTML again now, rather than BBCode, is that right?

Opera was a very nice browser. But they fucked things up and the last useable version 12 is now old and outdated. Let it die in peace. It is important, that such a board works without Javascript, especially in an open source community with people not trusting code in browsers. But old browsers should not be considered imho.

Aww, I still love my old Opera 12, most websites  work superb, the only one I never got to work at  all for unknown reasons was actualy Instagram  (seriously, what's wrong  with them?!?!) Just because something is old, does not mean you should instantly trash it. Do you trash your grandparents? ;)

I see no reason why every forum works with Opera 12, just not this new one here. Ok it WORKS, the only minor flaw is: I can't post, because there are no buttons for it and the  reply box on the bottom is only the attachment window. I guess this can be fixed without much issues. doen't need to be fancy, just has to work. ^^ "

Quote said:
 Ok it WORKS, the only minor flaw is: I can't post, because there are no buttons for it and the  reply box on the bottom is only the attachment window.
Opera 12 user here, if you can see this, I did in fact post something with this browser. Don't ask how, I don't know.
Working with quotes is awful, though.

Is there any way to disable the mobile view? It's very annoying to use

Most likely not on the user end, mobile elements enable based on the width of the browser window. Maybe some client side CSS hacking maybe...

Back