Upgrade to IPB4

The round avatar works quite well with mine as well, or at least it doesn't eliminate anything important.  But it doesn't work well with ED's avatar, so I understand he's going to switch it back to square anyway.

Yeah, round avatar are not good, I do agree.
Somehow I have not really problems with round Avatars...
default_rolleyes.gif

Really hating the round avatars, just destroys part of the image for no reason.While you're updating things, some way to securely log in without fb/twitter would be nice, right now logging in while using public wifi networks is just giving away the password for everyone on the network.

You mean switching to https?
Okay, I'll look into that!

This new board seems to use a lot more vertical space than the last one. feels like I've got to scroll everywhere to read things.
There was the same effect after last big update, it seems they just can't resist filling space with bloat of higher res displays people get over the years...

True. Nothing I can fix though, will just take some time.
I'll probably create a forum where we can collect any issues and improvements and work through them one by one.

Avatars are back to rectangle now
default_smile.png

And RSS feeds are gone.
I just haven't had the time to readd them yet
default_smile.png

Oh, and I don't seem to be able to post in the Guest Area.  Makes sense, as I'm not a guest, but it does mean I can't reply to guests in there!

Okay, seems like I have to check all permissions, they seem messed up.

And editing seems to show me the HTML code for the post.  Not ideal. Also, quotes no longer identify who they're quoting.  You'll note that all the quotes in posts above since ED enabled the new plugin are anonymous.
It does? For me, it shows BBCode when I click on source...?

And editing seems to show me the HTML code for the post.  Not ideal. Also, quotes no longer identify who they're quoting.  You'll note that all the quotes in posts above since ED enabled the new plugin are anonymous.

Yeah I see HTML code, however when I look at the source code of  the comment from your post I see BBCODE.

Edit: However if I edit this post it switches back to HTML... odd...

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh.  This is certainly something to wake up to.  Let's see how this works...

Testing 1 2 3...
And now a spoiler. 

This is supposedly a spoiler.  Okay, here is a secret: I used to sleep on the floor with no blankets for fun!  He he he.
Plain non source editing seems okay.  Now let's try the source editor. 

• listing things
  • things
  • is
  • awful on non-source view

• Ah!
  • much
  • easier
  • now
  • Source editing is good

It seems to be BBCode alright. Thanks ED!

However, I can't seem to find the full screen editor.  Where is it?  Or does it not exist anymore?

• EDIT: Never mind.  It is now HTML.  Huh. In non-souce view, it looks like HTML.  In source view, it looks like HTML as well.  Well, I'll wait for a while and see if things change.

Yeah I see HTML code, however when I look at the source code of  the comment from your post I see BBCODE.Edit: However if I edit this post it switches back to HTML... odd...

True! It seems editing changes the code to HTML! Weird!
I'll check that!

Because the reply box just ask me for a file if i use it I wasn't able to post, so, I found out a way to reply with Opera 12... I have to switch to "user mode", fill the text box with what I want to say, and then switch again to "author mode" to press the button... but if I edit the post, pressing the save button does nothing :(

Anyway I can't find the "quote" option in the other posts

I can reply in the official pyra news forum now.

It took half a dozen edits to get the formatting right though.  Switching back and forth from source and regular seems to create problems.  Also, just about every time I edited my post the hyperlink formatting went haywire.  I also had to insert line breaks manually with a couple BRs between each paragraph - otherwise everything was just running together.

Okay, it seems the bbcode plugin is causing quite a bit of issues... like the HTML stuff when you click on edit (as it overrides the HTML parser).
So I guess we need to disable it again :/

Let's see how we can improve the editor otherwise!

Oh well, I just checked the IPB4 support forums, and it seems like 4.1 is almost ready. Their site is already working with 4.1 and finally, the editor works as it should!

It's still WYSIWYG, but with proper quoting (similar to 3.4, but actually working now!), quote name again, etc.

It should be out in October, so we an expect a good update then :)

Back