Upgrade to IPB4

It was already mentioned in an separate thread but to improve the readability of an thread more, there could be more contrast between te white background and the white posting windows. So the spacing between each post is more noticable then.  You could try a light grey or slightly blueish, redish tones for the BG colours, depending on the Skin.

P.S. the forum still performs slow on the Pandora, compared to the old one. Even the curser here stutters badly.

I wont ask.  Tell me how you did it.

I did nothing in particular for this forum, but I checked and it's because I'm using a custom user agent. One from Chrome to be more specific.
This wouldn't be the first site to lock me out of features my browser can actually handle, just because it wasn't popular enough or something.

I wont ask.  Tell me how you did it.

I did nothing in particular for this forum, but I checked and it's because I'm using a custom user agent. One from Chrome to be more specific.
This wouldn't be the first site to lock me out of features my browser can actually handle, just because it wasn't popular enough or something.
Oh, if that would be the case, I can probably fix the user agent settings within the software somewhere!

Hopefully yes.  As reported in one of the issues threads (one of Ziz's I think) if I fake my user agent string in Firefox to pretend to be Opera 12 Mobile it breaks the edit box.

The most Opera way is to just use Opera, which doesn't work. I wonder why FF as Opera 12 doesn't work. I suppose I should look into all of this to get a better understanding. Maybe I will get to that next year.

Did someone change some grey into a lot darker shade? The striped listings like topic lists now have way too much contrast. Also the user-areas next to posts look uglier :(

While you're updating things, some way to securely log in without fb/twitter would be nice, right now logging in while using public wifi networks is just giving away the password for everyone on the network

I've just registered wildcard SSL protocols for *.openpandora.org and *.pyra-handheld.com
So within the next few days, everything will be made more secure here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Source editing usually is disabled for normal members - I just enabled it because of the bbcode plugin.
Will need to disable it again!

Source editing usually is disabled for normal members - I just enabled it because of the bbcode plugin.
Will need to disable it again!

Do you happen to know whether that's actually going to impose server-side limitations to post contents, too?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there appears to be an issue with links in FireFox, according to SONY's post in the Windows 10 thread -

problem.PNG

Well, even with messing around, it shouldn't happen.

Did you have to use the HTML Source editor to do that?
Or just copy/paste?

Looks like some weird HTML coding... I'll check what he did there!

That's what I was referring to.

Sony's post is accidentally exemplifying a (potentially severe) security issue on this forum which could be used for malicious shenanigans such as clickjacking.

Copy and paste and then since you mentioned that you were going to disable source editingediting soon... I took the time to look at the source.

So, did you break it with simple copy and paste or by changing the source?

I touched the source but didn't know if it saved. Sorry,  I'm honestly unsure what or if I made any changes, so I'll just say, copy n pasta.
And seeing as nothing bad happened then it mustn't have saved. *phew*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back